IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Where the Chill wind blows - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where the Chill wind blows, *Assumed to be circulated by elemental to Sunday's Party*
Ryan
post Mar 4 2015, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

My Fellow Mercenaries,

As promised please find below a translation of the letter that was located in the cave in the North.

Reading it I would assume David has secured his components as we never manged to recover the Chalice so we have a slim opportunity to perhaps intercept someone in Ishma - I would advise that a further meeting is required although I think we knew this. The relevant people from the Empire will also see this information and perhaps shed some more light although I intend to hit the books tonight and see what I can learn about Isandal and what was done to lock him up.

I am keen to see this through not only for the danger this represents to the people but the fact my family is of Glorianave and chances are we will at some point feature in some plan for vengeance so I would wish to safe guard them where ever possible.

If anyone gains any insights then if they can share them here, I have secured us a place to discuss these matters freely and discreetly.

Louis Athanyn
Lord Warmage

David,

My search goes well. I have located where Isandal is imprisoned. I believe the ritual we have will work to break his icy prison and release him to gain revenge on the descendants of those that betrayed him.
My brother is travelling to Ishma to obtain the majority of the components, he said he will meet with a trader called Kermial bin Estabar to buy the talisman he needs to obtain them. I trust you will obtain the components you are charged with?

Soon we will be victorious and our grandfathers Lord returned invincible.

Xander
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 4 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 62

Louis,

Thank you for the swiftness of this. I can do some divinations if you would like?

Brian

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
giles
post Mar 4 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 68

So their grandfather was retainer to this Lord of Glorianave, Isandal.
Glorianave betrayed him to the tribes.

I'll head North and speak to my wife's people, they would probably know the tribe who imprisoned him, and maybe how. THough we're not great ones for writing stuff down.

If we can get the attention of one of the high ups, might see if they can fork out for getting us to Ishma to meet with this Kermial bin Estabar?

Beogrim
His Mark

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 4 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

Its good to know people have been gathering more information on letter. Do we know any more about David, Xander and the unnamed brother?

Hopefully we can find more out about the ritual and the artefacts they need to complete it. Never been to Ishma, but given its hot, perhaps the artefact Kermial bin Estabar has may melt or weaken the icy dungeon Isandal maybe trapped in.

Bellerion Cragley

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Apr 1 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Pondering and studying has yielded some results... David Was the man we killed mid-villain monologue.
Their Grandfather was probably a servant of Isandal (since the time lines fit) and he passed it down the generations.

Isandal was a hateful man that worked for Glorianave. He was employed to do their dirty work and kill off troublesome tribals and drive them under heel. When a new enlightened group came to power they decided peace with the Tribes was a better option and offered up Isandal as payment for this peace. Unfortunately his years of killing had given him great power and he returned as an undead. They couldn't slay him so imprisoned him in the North for another day.

Kermial is a trader in Ishma. He trades in mystical amulets and talismans, also crafting them. I suspect he is warded from divinations and has no spirit if I had to guess. We should lookout for Vergarn... I think it will be important.

Louis Athanyn
11th - Shield of Glorianave

+Quote Post
trussedfund
post Apr 1 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 374

Vergarn is a Djinn of darkness and fire, who is worshiped as a god in Khannibad. My prayers reveal that he is not considered potent but makes up for this by having legions of followers.

Algy

--------------------
Brett

+Quote Post
giles
post Apr 1 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 68

Do we know where Kermial trades from?

Beorgrim.

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Apr 1 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Kermial trades from a location, maybe a day east of Osslabhad. He is definitely warded against scrying, which isn't a surprise given he is a trader.

Bellerion Cragley.

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Apr 2 2015, 02:45 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Vergarn the Djinn of darkness and fire, may only be killable by cold and as a Djiin probably has a way to reform if killed unless trapped. So if an encounter with Vergarn is unavoidable, we need to acquire something to trap him within e.g. bottle/Lamp etc.

Also previously mentioned Vergarn the Djinn is worshiped as a god in Khannibad. These worshippers are all Demon touched, which is how he gives them their power. They are called the Cult of Vergarn.

Bellerion Cragley

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Apr 10 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #10

Good morning Team,

In light of my Heritage as Nobility and being of Glorianave I have decided on two counts not to muster with you when next you venture out.

> The negotiation with the Tribals will run more smoothly without me.
> I can make sure those of my family with blood are safe and secure as they are another possible outlet for this ritual - I'd hate for us to save the tribal folk just to have myself captured and they succeed anyway.

If you need me to do any research I can but not sure how much more there is to learn...

The best option is still to save the Tribals, while our bad guys could just use an assassin and trivially succeed I think they will want someone living meaning they will either negotiate for a sacrifice or kidnap someone, either way we can stop this or track the kidnapper to their "Lair".

Isandal and his powers are a well kept secret but I am certain there is more to his defeat than supernatural weapons. The Rite required to cage him was destroyed in the Night of Levity but it was essentially some sort of ritually empowered Force Cage bound with potent Ice Magic.

I tried to work out more about the lads responsible by pursuing a family tree however it looks as though this started with their Grandfather and he was well warded as well - he was some sort of Guildsman which meant he had some small standing and money to fund the level of research required to free Isandal.

Finally the Candles from the Efreeti will appear on an improved detect magic spell to be Animate Red Magic as they are crafted from the Essence of dead Afthanal - if you can get and keep them I am sure they will be powerful / useful artifacts of some sort. However I did have one plan which could work, I think that if you cast the mana sight spell and could see them in a bag should you encounter our foe early doors (say in the tribal encampment) a disrupt essence spell would render them useless I think.

Louis Athanyn
Unifiers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:10 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins