Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armour Phys-Reps
NickMonsterSands
post Nov 26 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Just a quick question about Plate (and some other metal armours)

Chain is easy enough (if you've the budget or chums with it) to get hold of, as is Lamellar (which is also easy enough if you've the talent to make).

But Breastplates & Plate armour of the metal kind is a little harder in this day and age (and i havent seen anyone down the caves in a long long while in plate style armour).

Would it be acceptable for players to use the "fancy dress" style breastplates made of either latex/foam much like the weapons we use, such as to represent such armours?
What about metalic painted (much like the greaves & bracers many of us wear) stiff leather?

Just wondering, as i know some kit is just plain out of a lot of peoples price range but if its ok to make it from other stuff (no, not tin foil coated drainpipes) then would that be acceptable?

You see, i'd be more than happy to slap on the gambeson, chain coat, hood & coif if i was allowed to phys-rep heavier armour on top of it (after all, armour was worn in layers) if i knew i could get away with painted leather, or other stuff.

Thoughts?

--------------------
~~~
*inhale*
"Neuronic flash, Neuronic flare, Neuronic whip, Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration.... Priest..... i hurt... but the bad man fell down, twice, and run away and i thought painful thoughts at him... i did good?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Nov 26 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), chain and plate always require a phys-rep of somekind.

Chainmail phys-reps made of wool etc, or plate mail phys reps made of leather or latex would all allow that character to purchase and battleboard non-mastercrafted armour of that kind

Master-crafted would need to be metal

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
NickMonsterSands
post Nov 26 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

QUOTE(abyatt @ Nov 26 2007, 02:48 PM) *
If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), chain and plate always require a phys-rep of somekind.

Chainmail phys-reps made of wool etc, or plate mail phys reps made of leather or latex would all allow that character to purchase and battleboard non-mastercrafted armour of that kind

Master-crafted would need to be metal

Andy

*nods* from what i recall leathers fine with out a physrep, but mastercrafted stuff does need to be rep'd, and all metal armours require reps as well.

Was merely the style/quality of the reps (as well in part as the materials used) permissable.

Always better to ask and know than to assume and get it wrong.

*ponders the cricket pads and stuff in the charity shop and silver spray paint...* laugh.gif

So long as it's pretty clear What the item reps then it's pretty much fine, the pictured breastplate would work as part of platemail (with other stuff) and so forth.

Ooooooooooooh.... stormtrooper armour.... blink.gif

--------------------
~~~
*inhale*
"Neuronic flash, Neuronic flare, Neuronic whip, Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration.... Priest..... i hurt... but the bad man fell down, twice, and run away and i thought painful thoughts at him... i did good?"

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 26 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Post Police

Member No.: 38

The rules in the handbook state that to count for Mastercrafted armour, it has to be real leather or real metal

Its good enough for non-mastercrafted armour

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
MarkCox
post Nov 26 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 69

The rules are in the handbook - its available for free download from the top right of the page :-]
[shameless plug]

From the picture it looks like the decent sort of chainmail so that counts as AC5 +2 [because its real stuff] so AC7

The breast plate isn't real so would only count as AC6

The layering rule doesnot apply becuase that require mastercrafted ac.

So you wouldn't get any extra bonus AC bonus for the breastplate since 7 is better than 6 -
but it might add to the feel / look etc of the character so wear it anyway.

There are various online retailers of 'mastercrafted' plate armour on line -

Mark Cox
GSM

--------------------
Skywest and Crooked

+Quote Post
NickMonsterSands
post Nov 26 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Nov 26 2007, 05:35 PM) *
The rules are in the handbook - its available for free download from the top right of the page :-]
[shameless plug]

The breast plate isn't real so would only count as AC6

biggrin.gif your plug is shameless!

But yeah, was wondering if that would pass a layer check, but as it's only MC stuff that'll layer, i'll wear it (or similar) purely for the look at some point when i dig out my lowly little fighter, who already has MC chain biggrin.gif

There are various online retailers of 'mastercrafted' plate armour on line -

Got any links at all?
Theres plenty of stuff on Ebay under the militaria section, but they're scant on sizing, and take ages to reply to mails in some cases (where i had the cash for a nice looking breastplate, but spent it on some Dr Who dvd's when they took over a week to reply biggrin.gif )

Could the CMT provide links to armourers and sites they personally know and trust the work of, or pass links/adresses etc for so we might get some heavier tanks in the caves..

--------------------
~~~
*inhale*

+Quote Post
MarkCox
post Nov 26 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 69

QUOTE(NickMonsterSands @ Nov 26 2007, 06:28 PM) *
biggrin.gif your plug is shameless!

But yeah, was wondering if that would pass a layer check, but as it's only MC stuff that'll layer, i'll wear it (or similar) purely for the look at some point when i dig out my lowly little fighter, who already has MC chain biggrin.gif
Got any links at all?

Armchair Armouries were always very professional and reasonable

mark

--------------------
Skywest and Crooked

+Quote Post
NickMonsterSands
post Nov 26 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Nov 26 2007, 06:48 PM) *
Armchair Armouries were always very professional and reasonable

mark

Link for the google lazy: armchair armoury huh.gif

--------------------
~~~
*inhale*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 12:49 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins