IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Whispers in the Halls - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whispers in the Halls, Dinner at House Thune's estates near Halgar
Will
post May 7 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

The gentle chink of glass, clatter of cutlery and murmur of conversation was a good indication that dinner was going well. Hosted at House Thune's very modest estates near Halgar, these were a fairly regular affair, gathering some of the less well known nobility for something of a catch up. One topic of conversation in particular prevailed this evening however.

"And then they say she just stood up and declared that she was of the blood!" A highly animated young gentleman was holding a captive audience. This last statement caused a few tuts and "Well I never"s. "But that's not all. You see they checked her, and rumours have it that she was quickly whisked away, not to be seen again. The common belief is that it transpired that she was indeed.... of the blood!" This last statement garnered a few gasps.

"But I've never even heard of this Lady. How preposterous, you must have heard wrong" A second, older fellow shook his head as he spoke.

"Well, that may as well be so but..." The younger leaned in, drawing the other onlookers with him "I have it on good authority that she had her blood turned by of the Melnibanions" Cue more gasps. One might even have imagined the older gentleman fainting in shock. He didn't to the dismay of those looking for more comic relief. A far more level headed sounding Lady chipped in at this point.

"I'll believe it when I see it, but you're not doing anyone any favours spreading such ridiculous nonsense." She paused to take a breath, the other whisperers looking towards her with a grudging respect and most importantly.... silence. "Now look, we have a perfectly good meal to be eating and we really must get onto more important matters. Specifically, where on earth are we going to holiday this year with Keys still in a state?"

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:47 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins