IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Rescue required - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rescue required, Public call
AndyWashington
post Mar 23 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

So this week a 1st age house appeared in Halgar and represented enough of a threat that a group of us were hired to investigate at short notice.

We fought our way into some sort of ritual strike/trap and got stuck.

I managed to get out via a Word of Recall and have been appealing to likely people for help in rescuing my comrades but assume one more general appeal cannot hurt.

Stuck within are

Wiggle the Goblin Priest
Morgan of the Yeomanry
Sirac the Drave

Rangar the Blacksmith, currently a 6th rank undead fiend
Ash of Dust and Stars, currently a quite reasonable undead of the 6th rank
Izrok the ancient troll, currently a very angry undead of the 6th rank

Additionally Jonathon of Shaehan is currently trapped in Haven for some reason

Many people have already pledged help, for reference while I could word of recall neither shifting nor porting seemed to work.

If you have questions feel free to contact me

Sergeant Crepitus
28th Legion
Gaius
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Mar 23 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 98

If the word of recall prayer works, I am more than happy to enter the building and recall out with the dead bodies and restore them to life or arrange to have those restored that I am unable to help myself.

Erik.
(I am popping to the pit tomorrow)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 23 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

Ooh!

What's stopping them shifting out? That's just rude!

That sounds like a challenge for a sylph.

Quael'Lesh
Emissary of the Storm Drake
Minor Time Traveller

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Mar 23 2018, 05:26 PM) *
If the word of recall prayer works, I am more than happy to enter the building and recall out with the dead bodies and restore them to life or arrange to have those restored that I am unable to help myself.

Erik.
(I am popping to the pit tomorrow)

Erik,

Please do not go to the incredibly dangerous building which nearly wiped out all these mercenaries. I would greatly appreciate you being on hand to assist with purifications and resurrections when they are rescued however, and thanks for your offer of assistance.

I can sense where Wiggle and Morgan are - I plan to walk nearby, and cast the Greater Word of Recall prayer, which will return them to the nearest temple. I'm sure I can get within a mile without too much bother.

We can then speak with them, and plan properly how to rescue the others.

Andric
High Priest of Dead Heroes
Baron of Fort Fallen Claw

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Mar 23 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 190

I expect i can in make a dashing escape with any living or dead heroes. I doubt any raise as foul fiends would be willing to come with me.

Unfortunately i am currently in the far North, though should be able to escape from the wailing banshee i am trapped with in time at make it to Halgar by next Starsday

Earl Jack Flashblade

+Quote Post
Christine
post Mar 23 2018, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 110

Andric, want me to try and convince Terry to let me tag along with you in case any of the 13th or 101 that got sent in and raised are your lot and get brought out as well? See what I can do? Theo, can you manage the same trick / fudge it with the orb?

Liara

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #7

Legend

QUOTE(Christine @ Mar 23 2018, 06:35 PM) *
Andric, want me to try and convince Terry to let me tag along with you in case any of the 13th or 101 that got sent in and raised are your lot and get brought out as well? See what I can do? Theo, can you manage the same trick / fudge it with the orb?

Liara

Of course Liara, that would be appreciated.

I'm just keen to get out who I can, as easily as possible. Once we have Morgan and Wiggle out, we can discuss with Crepitus what happened, and plan on rescuing the others - and then Purifying and restoring them to life.

I'm not sure about the chap stuck in Haven - Has anyone tried saying his name 3 times? (Outside the building?)

Andric

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Mar 23 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 98

Okay Andric, I am in Halgar for now so let me know if you need me.

Erik.

+Quote Post
muttleyskragg
post Mar 23 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Levy

Member No.: 909

Muttley Skragg here Grand High Ogre shamanic magi of storms.

It Painz of me ta ere dat tribals shpiritz are trapped in dis ouse.... If we da Totemic Guardians can bees of ashishtance let me know..

Izrok is required dis starzdi on a mishion of importansh. We will be on force at pit tomorrow. Look for me I am big Blue Ogre we will help to shave all suffering...

May da Totems watch ova u all

Muttley

The Rainbows End

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Mar 23 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 37

I have had contact from Morgan and Crepitus and put together some information for the Inquisition yesterday, as this matter has now been spread wider for assistance I can share the relevant information here from Morgan:

Myself and others are trapped in a Kesselharn trap/ building that appeared in Halgar. We are currently pacted to the dead, the house itself is a potent rank 10 undead but there is no way out. I have sent Crepitus out (as he was able to recall himself). He will have further details. We think that another group used this old kesselharn construct to try and drain power from the city
I would suggest not sending anyone in, but if someone can recover us that would be appreciated.

I do not believe a simple teleport will work and there may be a time element. The place was apparently intended as a forward attack trap to drain power from the area and eliminate those sent to deal with it. It is Kesselharnian in origin but we think someone else used it whilst Halgar is weak

The people currently trapped are:

Sirac the Ivory Drave
Ash & Dust of Stars (Deceased & raised as an unknown type of undead as potent as a vampire)
Wiggle of Dead Heroes
Azrok the ancient troll
Rangar (Deceased & raised as an unknown type of undead as potent as a vampire)
Myself (Morgan Sireless)

Crepitus was able to get out - so I told him to leave
Jonathan of Shaehan has returned to Haven but we were unable to call him back

It should be noted that members of the 13th were found in the 1st chamber raised as undead.
6 of the 12 101st were found raised as undead. Another 6 are further in presumably deceased.

Izrok has asked particularly that someone get word to Watching Owl, Penny and Slinking Thru to effect his release.

Andric, if you can check if the Greater Word of Recall plan will work I am happy to try it for any members of my faith there. I am quite keen to have the soldiers retrieved either dead or undead, as it may be that we can assist them. If any of the others inside are priests of other faiths I can, as Liara eloquently puts it, "fudge it" for priests of their faith to be able to cast the greater word of recall miracle.

Theodore Be'Akris
Chancellor

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #11

Legend

QUOTE(RichFromant @ Mar 23 2018, 08:05 PM) *
I have had contact from Morgan and Crepitus and put together some information for the Inquisition yesterday, as this matter has now been spread wider for assistance I can share the relevant information here from Morgan:

Myself and others are trapped in a Kesselharn trap/ building that appeared in Halgar. We are currently pacted to the dead, the house itself is a potent rank 10 undead but there is no way out. I have sent Crepitus out (as he was able to recall himself). He will have further details. We think that another group used this old kesselharn construct to try and drain power from the city
I would suggest not sending anyone in, but if someone can recover us that would be appreciated.

I do not believe a simple teleport will work and there may be a time element. The place was apparently intended as a forward attack trap to drain power from the area and eliminate those sent to deal with it. It is Kesselharnian in origin but we think someone else used it whilst Halgar is weak

The people currently trapped are:

Sirac the Ivory Drave
Ash & Dust of Stars (Deceased & raised as an unknown type of undead as potent as a vampire)
Wiggle of Dead Heroes
Azrok the ancient troll
Rangar (Deceased & raised as an unknown type of undead as potent as a vampire)
Myself (Morgan Sireless)

Crepitus was able to get out - so I told him to leave
Jonathan of Shaehan has returned to Haven but we were unable to call him back

It should be noted that members of the 13th were found in the 1st chamber raised as undead.
6 of the 12 101st were found raised as undead. Another 6 are further in presumably deceased.

Izrok has asked particularly that someone get word to Watching Owl, Penny and Slinking Thru to effect his release.

Andric, if you can check if the Greater Word of Recall plan will work I am happy to try it for any members of my faith there. I am quite keen to have the soldiers retrieved either dead or undead, as it may be that we can assist them. If any of the others inside are priests of other faiths I can, as Liara eloquently puts it, "fudge it" for priests of their faith to be able to cast the greater word of recall miracle.

Theodore Be'Akris
Chancellor

Theo,

The Greater Word of Recall plan will indeed be sufficient.

Shall we meet early morning tomorrow at your Temple in the main square? I’ll then take you to near the building and we can retrieve those we we can back to both our main temples.

Liara, Erik - if you are free and able to help please meet at our Temple in the morning. We will then go meet Theo and do what we can.

Andric

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Mar 23 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 37

Sounds like a plan, it at least gets a number of people out while we formulate a plan for the rest.

Morgan has provided a large amount of details of the dangers that they faced inside the building. Hopefully we can avoid anyone needing to enter, however should it end up at that I can provide the details to them.

Theo

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Mar 23 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 87

Andric

If you need my help then I will try.

I myself are immune to aging and time based weird stuff and I can take willing person one at a time.

Earl Majius

+Quote Post
Labyman
post Mar 23 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Member No.: 5,457

I don’t mind getting all of them. I can restore them all to life and remove all the undead taints.

Thanks

Radah of Michael

--------------------
Radah of Michael - scout/psychic/wizard/priest /warrior 80,000 pts
Dev’ Stark - Wizard/Wizard 15000 pts
Destiny - Warrior/Druid - 14000 pts
Karn - wizard/ritualist

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 23 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #15

Deity

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 23 2018, 08:16 PM) *
Theo,

The Greater Word of Recall plan will indeed be sufficient.

Shall we meet early morning tomorrow at your Temple in the main square? I’ll then take you to near the building and we can retrieve those we we can back to both our main temples.

Liara, Erik - if you are free and able to help please meet at our Temple in the morning. We will then go meet Theo and do what we can.

Andric

Andric,

What are the particular's of the "Greater Word of Recall Plan"?

It is a miracle I could learn to free Izrok.

Watching-Owl

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #16

Legend

QUOTE(BBB @ Mar 23 2018, 09:13 PM) *
Andric,

What are the particular's of the "Greater Word of Recall Plan"?

It is a miracle I could learn to free Izrok.

Watching-Owl

All priests, of the faith of the caster of this miracle within a mile will be returned to their Temple.

It's a great strain on them, and should they leave the temple before fully rested, they cannot use their spiritual power for the rest of the day.

The spirits will shield this Temple, protecting said priests from scrying or from anyone interfering with them, or even from those attempting to contact them.

With a small amount of effort, one can learn to use this prayer to bring all Ley members of the faith also.

Shaman however, can call their whole tribe to their 'Temple' or place of power as if they were priests of their faith.

So the plan is, to walk to within a mile of the building, and cast this miracle.

You are welcome to meet at my Temple in Halgar in the morning, and join us to rescue those who we can.

Is there anyone of the faith of Michael who can also join us in the morning to cast the Greater Word of Recall Miracle?

With this covered, i believe that gets almost everyone out. I'm sure with our combined effort we can get out the remaining.

Andric

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #17

Legend

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 23 2018, 09:27 PM) *
All priests, of the faith of the caster of this miracle within a mile will be returned to their Temple.

It's a great strain on them, and should they leave the temple before fully rested, they cannot use their spiritual power for the rest of the day.

The spirits will shield this Temple, protecting said priests from scrying or from anyone interfering with them, or even from those attempting to contact them.

With a small amount of effort, one can learn to use this prayer to bring all Ley members of the faith also.

Shaman however, can call their whole tribe to their 'Temple' or place of power as if they were priests of their faith.

So the plan is, to walk to within a mile of the building, and cast this miracle.

You are welcome to meet at my Temple in Halgar in the morning, and join us to rescue those who we can.

Is there anyone of the faith of Michael who can also join us in the morning to cast the Greater Word of Recall Miracle?

With this covered, i believe that gets almost everyone out. I'm sure with our combined effort we can get out the remaining.

Andric

Sorry Watching Owl... It occurs to me the above sounds very patronising.

I read your elemental as asking what does the Greater Word of Recall do, as opposed to what the plan was.

Please accept my apologies.

Andric

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 23 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #18

Deity

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 23 2018, 09:27 PM) *

Andric

Andric,

I probably should have been a bit clearer in my question...

I was after the particulars of the plan, not the miracle.

I am versed in how the miracle functions.

I just wanted to know if there were any other considerations beyond simply my just casting it.

I take it you have Divined to check that the plan will work?

If that is all that is required I will learn it and port to Halgar in the morning to join you and recall Izrok to Tar Edroul.

Watching-Owl

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 23 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #19

Deity

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 23 2018, 09:43 PM) *
Sorry Watching Owl... It occurs to me the above sounds very patronising.

I read your elemental as asking what does the Greater Word of Recall do, as opposed to what the plan was.

Please accept my apologies.

Andric

No matter, I am more used to speaking with Spirits who understand the intent of my question smile.gif

However, considering the course of action suggestion who would remain trapped?

If the issue is a Temporal matter then such do not concern me, I am very firmly fixed within our time stream.

It may be entirely possible that I could walk in and then guide out those left by another mean that cannot be warded against.

Regards the undead matter, that is somewhat beyond my spheres of expertise and if someone could remove the undead affliction from Izrok I would be grateful

Owl

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 23 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #20

Legend

QUOTE(BBB @ Mar 23 2018, 09:49 PM) *
No matter, I am more used to speaking with Spirits who understand the intent of my question smile.gif

However, considering the course of action suggestion who would remain trapped?

If the issue is a Temporal matter then such do not concern me, I am very firmly fixed within out time stream.

It may be entirely possible that I could walk in and then guide out those left.

Regards the undead matter, that is somewhat beyond my spheres of expertise and if someone could remove the undead affliction from Izrok I would be grateful

Owl

If we can find a Priest of Michael with the Greater Word of Recall Prayer, that leaves Sirac, and Jonathan who is trapped in Haven, within the Building.

I will gladly cast the purification if necessary. I'd just need some Holy Water for the miracle - I don't have any.

Andric

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins