IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Shielded Chambers - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Shielded Chambers
BlockWizard
post Jan 17 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #41

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,007

Hello Ozwald!

My name's Randall Lyghtwood- I'm afraid I'm not a wizard, but I am a servant of our Lady Shaehan! If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask!

Randall

--------------------
Hi, I'm Conor. Also known as:

Lord Zacharius Ward, foppish blue warlock/duelist
Lazlow von Lieblos, sanguine Circle pencil-pusher
Randall Lyghtwood, fragile Shaehan pure priest
Errin "Twiglet", spacey druidic wood elf awakener
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
will1890
post Jan 17 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #42

Levy

Member No.: 4,040

Hello Ozweld,
my name is Tobias and I too am a priest. I am not a priest of darkness but also a servant of our Lady Sharhan too. If there is anyway that I can help you I am happy to do so. I would also like to ask if you would be able to ask if you are able to as the spirits any questions or even one or two if your dragons as we are still looking into getting into the underground complex. I believe that we are going to go down the lava route is that would help.

Thank you Tobias

+Quote Post
will1890
post Jan 17 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #43

Levy

+Quote Post
ChrisB
post Jan 18 2018, 07:14 AM
Post #44

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,410

MeH!!

I Av a TamRISk FarHM, WoT oV IT??

BuT EYe Iz NOt A fARhmER...

I IZ aN HonEST SoUL An FoLLOwer Ov Da LiTE!!

I HaV BeEEEN ToUCHed bY ThE AnGILLS oF LyTE, AnD IM NoT AbEL Two LIeEe...

I ALsO BeLEIve DAt WeeE KaN SoLVE AlL DeEZ PrOBlEMs WiVOUT VIolEnCE!!

SlINkY

HoNeST OrK

--------------------
Tristan - Angel of the Virtues - Imrazil's Champion.
Slinky - Grizzled Black Orc - Axe Wielder.
Vambrael - Angel - Warrior Priest of Michael.

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jan 18 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #45

Hero

Member No.: 431

Great,
That makes half my healing skills redundant..

I'll have a ponder.

Ozwald.

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 18 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #46

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Is there such a thing as "too much healing available"?!?!

Tarkin

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Lizzie
post Jan 21 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #47

Levy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,870

QUOTE(ChrisB @ Jan 18 2018, 07:14 AM) *
MeH!!

I Av a TamRISk FarHM, WoT oV IT??

BuT EYe Iz NOt A fARhmER...

I IZ aN HonEST SoUL An FoLLOwer Ov Da LiTE!!

I HaV BeEEEN ToUCHed bY ThE AnGILLS oF LyTE, AnD IM NoT AbEL Two LIeEe...

I ALsO BeLEIve DAt WeeE KaN SoLVE AlL DeEZ PrOBlEMs WiVOUT VIolEnCE!!
SlINkY

HoNeST OrK

Slinky! What have I told you about lying? You should know better! laugh.gif

Have we settled on the lava route then?

Æther

--------------------
Lizzie

Æther - (DNDBD) Titanic Fire angel, Valkyrie - Team Titan, still doesn't like puns, isnt a puppy.
Darcy - Half dark elf/cat, pathfinder/Duellist - Basically Puss In Boots but from Deci, good with traps.
Sosen Rein-bo - Rainbow fae, The Kami of Magic, Disenchanter.
Amesha Kabriri - Ghoulish ishmaic hermit priest.
Cro - Black orc - The better twin.

+Quote Post
BlockWizard
post Jan 21 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #48

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,007

QUOTE(elisabeth @ Jan 21 2018, 02:23 PM) *
Slinky! What have I told you about lying? You should know better! laugh.gif

Have we settled on the lava route then?

Æther

Unfortunately, it seems like that is the case.

Randall

--------------------
Hi, I'm Conor. Also known as:

Lord Zacharius Ward, foppish blue warlock/duelist
Lazlow von Lieblos, sanguine Circle pencil-pusher
Randall Lyghtwood, fragile Shaehan pure priest
Errin "Twiglet", spacey druidic wood elf awakener

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jan 29 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #49

Hero

Hey man,

I'm trying to find out about how people such as myself who aren't resistant against fire can traverse these lava tubes without burning to death...

I'm just sitting down as we speak ready to get lucky or not...

Any ideas from other people? Perhaps a way to control the flow of lava? Is the complex originally dwarven? Perhaps their is a device? Like a "flow controller"?

Oh also i met up with a bloke who called himself "Misty Grove" who reckoned he was a place spirit or something, of a far of land.. He expressed interest with helping us.

Any objections about him coming?

Laters,
Ozwald.

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jan 29 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #50

Hero

Hey all - Peace & Talthar,

The Silver dragon is bang on it!!

I've managed to gather some information...

Firstly i asked if people not resistant against fire can safely travel the lava tubes, unsurprising not - the Silver Dragon got quite graphic and described to me how i would be oven baked to a crisp!

Next i went for "is their a way to control the lava flow?", so currently not, though old Silver tongue did suggest; If someone has the resources to provide, people could be affected in a way that anyone with such resources could do so, make sense to anyone? It must be connected to our groups resource?

Also their is a place spirit connected with the tubes, though currently it's in a bad way and i don't think it can help us.

I also thought about buying trinkets or similar before hand that we could afford, again old silver tongue reckoned that we should look at what we have and try and sort something out.

So i pondered had a sip of tea and thought on the lava itself, apparently it's all very connected to the elemental plane of fire (rather than being natural), in them you would expect to find salamanders not controlled and other firey creatures such as "The Azer" anyone know what they are?

Lastly old silver tongue warned me "Do not trust that which seems innocent" Hey man, that sounded cryptic though i could of dreamt it up, i am on my second batch of "special cakes"

I'm going to make myself a sandwich and ponder, I'll sit down and do another round once I've heard back from you guys.

All about the rings,
Ozwald.

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 29 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #51

Heldsman

Ozwald, thank you for your efforts.

Unfortunately I no longer have the access to certain records, archives, and minions that I once enjoyed. No more rummaging through long forgotten dossiers digging up hints and clues for me.

Being but a humble bureaucrat within the Imperial Seers I am, however, quite adept at convincing people in one department to sign off on work orders and requisition forms that can then be passed to another department for action (ooc my domination now works on 8th lvl targets, possibly 9th if I buy it smile.gif). So should we come up with a plan that just needs resources thrown at it, I may be able help. I'm sure I can find some criminals in need of some hard labour to help...

Tobias has previously mentioned that his divining told him that the lava flow cannot be "blocked forever". That implies it can be temporarily blocked. If people with suitable powers would like to check on that, that would be wonderful.

Empress damn it, I'm being called into the interrogation chambers to, er..... to oversea someone's surprise birthday party.

Speak soon.

Tarkin

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
Tubbs (Fated Friar)

+Quote Post
will1890
post Jan 29 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #52

Levy

I come with answers.

When we go down the lava path we will be encountering Salamanders and variant elementals. Fire Dwelling creatures I hope that they are very friendly and we don’t need to worry about. I thought that people would want to know there are "pockets of Safety" along the way for those with temporary power ups down the route meaning that there are places to med.

I believe that my first idea was wrong as the spirits suggest the only way to block the lava is Mercenary resourcefulness and it will be able to block the lava for as long as the resources we provide can, there is no "natural" way outside for the lava to also go. In turn, we will not know how long it will be blocked for until we see how resourceful we are. I also thought that it would be good to ask which one of the leaders is usually there at underground complex my answer was Kass, is likely to make an appearance and possibly also Sqidge if anyone has a way to find out who they are would be great. I also wanted to know if there were any people that we could be in need of help as I know some people look for people/ peons that will need rescuing however, the answer was NO. As Peons or similar have been turned into Vampire spawn I believe this could be what Ozwald was on about earlier with not being able to trust the innocent. I find this very sick and believe that we need to do something about this as soon as we can as if they are harming and kidnapping helpless people we need to help to stop this. If someone or people would also be able to help to warn the people in the local area with me this would be appreciated.

Do the leaders or even people in the underground complex know we are coming? Yes Very much so, and have prepared accordingly this means that once we are in there many people may be waiting for us. However, they are currently unaware of which path you have chosen as we are using a shielded chamber to talk about it. This suggests that we should only speak about the importance matters in here and nowhere else.

My final question was are any of the contacts that we have talking to the leaders and giving information? I don't believe so. This could be because of anything however they cannot say yes for some reason or other meaning be careful to who you talk too. Or it means no one is and we have nothing to worry about.

Thank Tobias, what is the nature of the mission and what do we want to do. Ps. Does any know of any ways to stop the lava.

If there are anything else anyone would like me to ask please feel free to ask.

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 29 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #53

Legend

Member No.: 190

Greetings,

I met Oswald whilst visiting the lands with the City of Rodanne in.

He told me of your trip, and, being a curious place, I visited the Remus Hills around the cave your group seeks to return to.

I saw pale skinned humans with red lips which I sensed were some kind of vampiric creatures of the 4th rank. They had no minds and seemed to be patrolling the area.

There were also feral werewolves, some of whom have awakened minds. They seem to hunt in packs, and seemed to be loosely patrolling the area.

The place spirit of the lava filled tunnel is shielded from mental scrying.

I could try to evade the vampires and werewolves and sneak into the cave to awaken the area the lava flows and see if I can divulge more about it.

However, if there are those in your group who could instead scry from afar, I sense this would be a safer option.

Perhaps we could block off the lava flow for a time with magically summoned walls of stone. I have a contact from DORAC who would loan me such an artefact. This would involve someone getting to the source of the lava flow to summon the wall so may not be a practical idea.

Misty Grove

Within the Torsland Dells

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Jan 29 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #54

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,026

Evening all,

I've decided to come along and help you all kill a vampire. It seems like you're in a bit of a predicament with how to get through some lava, I will do some communing and see where I get.

If anyone has any information regarding the lava tubes that would be useful to me (such as length, is there anything in the lava we need or is it just blocking the path etc etc)

I will have a healthy supply of the walk through fire spell, although that doesn't sound like it will cut it. Lets see how the communications come back.

Anyway, if any of you have questions you'd like me to ask on your behalf, feel free to ask.

Amatir Seayar

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Many characters, long signature got boring.
- Guild head of Frontline, Wahadamune and Children of the Dusk, PM me for permission to join if needed!
- Head of the Fae Court of Delirium Noble House, PM for any info you need!
- Yes I will ref your guild special or campaign!

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 29 2018, 10:47 PM
Post #55

Heldsman

Thank you all for your tireless work in finding a solution for us.

It's times like this I really miss Rocky sad.gif

Tarkin

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
Tubbs (Fated Friar)

+Quote Post
Lizzie
post Jan 29 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #56

Levy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,870

Thank you for all the help everyone.

We already knew that people have been going missing, we saved a some when we last visited.

Kass is a vampire, we have fought with him before and I have already explained how we need to kill them. Sqidge must be one of the two we have not met yet.

Tobias, could you find out if someone called Redbones has returned or is returning?

I am happy to ask if anyone can lend us a hand in dealing with the lava situation, however, if I do call out for help it will mean that information will be out of the shielded chamber and Gaolthis and his friends will be able to prepare accordingly. We dont know how far it goes and just putting something in front of it on the day wont work for two reasons, the lava will probably take a long time to drain and the thing we place to stop the flow will probably be destroyed before we can advance. It also doesnt help getting out of the complex.
Perhaps someone could ritually stop the flow of lava or a wizard of earth to manipulate the rock around it? Some ideas.

Æther

--------------------
Lizzie

Æther - (DNDBD) Titanic Fire angel, Valkyrie - Team Titan, still doesn't like puns, isnt a puppy.
Darcy - Half dark elf/cat, pathfinder/Duellist - Basically Puss In Boots but from Deci, good with traps.
Sosen Rein-bo - Rainbow fae, The Kami of Magic, Disenchanter.
Amesha Kabriri - Ghoulish ishmaic hermit priest.
Cro - Black orc - The better twin.

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 29 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #57

Heldsman

Divining if there is a way of leaving without having to go back through the lava (or water, or rocks) might be an idea? A way of leaving that is within our powers. Plane shifting out probably isn't an option for most of us...

And good call on Redbones. If that prick's back I'd like to know about it.

T

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
Tubbs (Fated Friar)

+Quote Post
JamesC
post Jan 30 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #58

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,469

So it seems you have a bit of a laavaa problem. I met Æther and Slinky a few weeks ago and they seemed like decent folk so maybe I can help.

I've been toying with the idea of redirecting a nearby flow for use in my foorge. After all, the gods I worship love nothing more than new shiny weapons and aaarmour and laavaa is an excellent heat source.

I can tell you what I've learned so far and see if it might be useful.

Laavaa is a difficult beast to tame, it has this annoying habit of breaking through waaalls and going wherever it wants to go but it can be tricked with a bit of dwaaarven ingenuity.

Best thing to do is get aboove iit, it's gravity driven you see. Once there dig out a tunnel for it to flow down, careful you don't get caught up inside though. Once complete you need to block off the old route. Lava tunnels make the hot stuff move really quick because of the pressure and there being nothing to cool it so blocking off the old one is hard without a release tunnel.

To block it off you can either build a big wall, or take the heat out of a large chunk at the front, that makes a kind of natural dam forcing it to go the other way, careful you don't end up sending it towards a helpless village though. Also the power required would be well beyond the normal abilities of a wizard.

Don't know if you have anyone that can achieve these things, maybe some kind of rituaal to the brown or white draagon might do the trick although the tunnel could be built using good old maanpower.

May not hold forever but should buy you a day or twoo.

Good Luck

Gilmore "Purple Beard" Ironhand

--------------------
"A soldier's first battlefield is always his own mind"

One man monster support.

+Quote Post
will1890
post Jan 30 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #59

Levy

I come with answers

Redbones is not alive, and he cannot be brought back to life.
However, I found out that Redbones is Gaolthis’ personal assassin. Meaning I am sure that he could be looking for a new one. The interesting thing is this complex that we are going to was a hideout for Redbones nearly 100 years ago. In turn, there is still a link to him.

Tobias

I have plenty of healing scrolls I would like to check does anyone else need any. I am sure that I will not need to use them anyway. As there will be no fighting.

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 30 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #60

Heldsman

But, if we don't nail this, there could be lots of burns to heal...

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
Tubbs (Fated Friar)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:51 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins