IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
More Fresh Meat - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Fresh Meat
Jasper
post Jun 12 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Arch-Enemy

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

All

Lady Shaehan requires a new High Priest, it seems. My scrying wards tell me that no-one has attacked me by theocratic means for a few hours, which can mean only one thing.

I think I could probably get some friends in the Knights of the Land to lend us their potato, if that would suit?

'Rus

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post Jun 12 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,112

You know 'Rus, I always found that if you can't say anything nice, sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.

I'm sorry to see you clearly struggling with Tirama's passing and I hope my well-meaning advice brings you peace.

~ Rye

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Taris - Anti-Elf Causing priest.
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.
Rye - Elysian Pure Priest.
Fester - Ratfolk "Warrior" Assassin.
Charlie - Ratfolk Healing Priest - RIP.
Bean - Human Blademaster.
Josephine Flashblade - *That* Noble Monk...

+Quote Post
post Jun 13 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

Rus,

He died, he will be back and wanting his job!!!

I've sent the Forgetown Wives to give his office a clean, tidy and frilling up!!!

Tirack.

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jun 13 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jun 13 2017, 10:39 AM) *
Rus,

He died, he will be back and wanting his job!!!

I've sent the Forgetown Wives to give his office a clean, tidy and frilling up!!!

Tirack.

'His' job?
Don't you still want it, Tirack? It's not so long ago you were trying to convince me to give it to you. I'd certainly support you now, if you wanted it.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jun 13 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #5

Group:

QUOTE(Jasper @ Jun 13 2017, 12:14 PM) *
'His' job?
Don't you still want it, Tirack? It's not so long ago you were trying to convince me to give it to you. I'd certainly support you now, if you wanted it.
'Rus

I would love the duty (and title) of the position, and if it were offered to me I hope I would do it the honour it deserves!

I will not steal it from the current holder if he died honouring it, unless and until it is proven he will not return or doesn't want it!

I personally do not think Tirama is the best person for the job, and he certainly isn't as good as Latona in my opinion. But he got it and I think it's awful that anyone would think to squabble over the title whilst his body is probably not even cold nevermind laid to rest!

Tirack

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jun 13 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 574

It is safe to say that while mercenaries are returning mere weeks after their departure there is no need to worry our selves as yet, we have a system of Prior's installed by Latona to ensure that in Tirama's absence the well being of those in our charge who require spiritual guidance is taken care of.

If we don't hear from Tirama in a month or two then maybe there is a cause for concern but I think for now all is well and he will return. We should take our time to mourn the loss and prey for the fast return of the High Priest but remember he was a Mercenary of Primus and death is merely a stumbling block.

As for his suitability for the role he has done his duty and the mortals he is charged over seem very much to value and adore him - certainly he has done a better job than the last High Priest and is better suited than a priest who had to use the dying forever loop hole to even get themselves back in to the faith.

Reason

+Quote Post
post Jun 13 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #7

Group:

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jun 13 2017, 01:10 PM) *
and is better suited than a priest who had to use the dying forever loop hole to even get themselves back in to the faith.

Reason

If that is a comment directed at me then, you should listen to our god more closely, she saw my actions in the time I was not in the church and choose to forgive me and allowed me back into the church before I died forever!

Unlike you angels, us humans have to follow our faith, not just be part of it!

Tirack

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jun 13 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jun 13 2017, 01:18 PM) *
If that is a comment directed at me then, you should listen to our god more closely, she saw my actions in the time I was not in the church and choose to forgive me and allowed me back into the church before I died forever!

Unlike you angels, us humans have to follow our faith, not just be part of it!

Our goddess is certainly one of mercy, though I find it hard to believe she would ever forgive the use of the touch of death miracle to kill by one of her priests. It also astounds me that someone has so little self respect that they would seek to return to the faith after such.

As for your drivel about angels, I have literally no idea where you've got those ravings from. I can think of no occasion, nor even the merest hint or report where the angels of our faith have done anything other than follow it; it is in their very being to do so.

Logros

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jun 13 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 48

I say, it is getting more like the Church of the Lady of the Stars in here every day. One faith each, and all that.

Ignatius

(still Cantor of Gothiel, the main privilege of which appears to be the opportunity to gently mock you all, and occasionally have a Sunshine follower try to murder me)

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jun 13 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #10

Arch-Enemy

I know, Ignatius, you're right*. It's usually just me being abused.

To be clear this isn't any kind of attempt for me to take the role - been there, done that, had the accusations thrown - but I do think** that it is important for someone to fill the position in order for the faith to flow properly through the Nagrech. I suspect if we leave Shaehan without a High Priest in the interim, we will see Her weakened. My personal power is secured against such variations but I doubt the same is true of the least of our number.

'Rus
Prior of Deci and happy to remains so.

*about this one thing, everything else you believe is still ridiculous
**by 'think' I of course mean 'know'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jun 13 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #11

Group:

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Jun 13 2017, 05:40 PM) *
Our goddess is certainly one of mercy, though I find it hard to believe she would ever forgive the use of the touch of death miracle to kill by one of her priests. It also astounds me that someone has so little self respect that they would seek to return to the faith after such.

As for your drivel about angels, I have literally no idea where you've got those ravings from. I can think of no occasion, nor even the merest hint or report where the angels of our faith have done anything other than follow it; it is in their very being to do so.

Logros

As far as I know I have never spoken to you about it and I am reasonable confident that no one else was present when the reason for my excommunication happened, well no one conscious!! So I expect you are working off hearsay, and if you wish to actually know what happened then I am often out in the mercenary community or in Forgetown, feel free to come ask me in person?

I find it disheartening that you seem to feel like you must disbelieve me, and the fact that you feel you know better than her mercy astounds me!

As for the angel issue, we agree. Maybe I didn't make my point clear, angels are a construct of faith and so do not have any of the moral struggles us mortal followers have. So in my opinions should not insult our faith and how we worship our god, or for that matter mock us which is what I believe Reason was doing.

Tirack

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jun 14 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 111

It is hardly hearsay. Stop deceiving yourself. Besides which I'm well able to talk to our goddess, and well able to ask for her information and insight on all manner of things; that incident the least of them.

Either way, this is achieving nothing, other than creating friction and division. I'm off back to Legend.

Logros

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jun 14 2017, 10:45 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 574

There was no mocking intended. I was merely questioning whether it is right for your High Priest to be questioned when they can't defend themselves, have just died doing good in this world and the people doing the questioning were hardly beyond reproach.

As for the comments about angels you are indeed correct I do not know the complex struggles you are confronted with as I exist only to do her will, but I do know killing is always wrong whether it is by causing an evil man to strike himself with his own touch of death prayer or ordering an executioner to take the life of a criminal.

Reason

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jun 14 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #14

Arch-Enemy

Such scant forgiveness, Reason. For a creature who claims to be a mere extension of its goddess' will you seem capable of being selective when it suits. Perhaps I was wrong about you and you would have made a fitting High Priest after all.

I would argue that a High Priest who is a vitae-less corpse is no High Priest at all. To be honest whilst he's not a patch on Torwin I'd be happy to leave Tirama to it of only for the amusement of his occasional attempts to excommunicate me, but he can't be the Voice of Shaehan if he's permanently dead. How long do we wait? A month? Two? A year? Until Shaehan starts to wither?

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jun 14 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #15

Group:

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Jun 14 2017, 11:08 AM) *
It is hardly hearsay. Stop deceiving yourself. Besides which I'm well able to talk to our goddess, and well able to ask for her information and insight on all manner of things; that incident the least of them.

Either way, this is achieving nothing, other than creating friction and division. I'm off back to Legend.

Logros

You are the one throwing your 2₲ in causing friction and division, then scampering off to Legend.

Your lack of mercy saddens me.

Tirack

PS. Reason, I am glad I misunderstood you , thank you. I agree killing is wrong, but unfortunately sometimes it happens!!!

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 7 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 158

Rus, I have never tried to excommunicate you. Where you got that idea from I do not know. But if you feel that something is attempting to cast you out of the faith, perhaps we should look into the source to find out?

To the rest of you, we must not be so quick to fall at each other's throats. All faiths have different belief's and variants within them, and I respect you all for the paths you take within Her teachings.

Tirack was accepted back into her light. He has done good work since. That is more than many can say.

There is much more to be done outside our temples than squabble within. Go forward in her name and show the good guys how it is done.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Aug 8 2017, 01:31 PM
Post #17

Arch-Enemy

How ridiculous. I am of course aware, under the terms of our pact, whenever an outside agency attempts to interfere with it's provisions. I will accept that I may have exaggerated for comic effect but 'never', Tirama? Really?

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 8 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 158

Really Rus. I am sorry you think otherwise. You are welcome to scry.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:27 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins