IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Information Recovered - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Information Recovered, Grey Tower Investigations
dnsmantra
post May 15 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

Some of this will need filling in, by Stef and those others who had the names of the four exiled nobles or remember other things.

On Starsday we investigated a grey tower which had appeared near Deci and was draining strength from it. It was the home of four exiled nobles who had been banished because they drew/gained power from spirits of realms/places (such as city spirits) with no care for their safety or well being. Their leader appeared to be a woman from House Daerk, who's first name begins with V, I think.

After some conversation and information gathering they attacked/were attacked and eventually defeated, though temporarily. There were two female undead (at least the leader lady who was mostly fought by Rufus and I turned gaseous at the point of death and was finished off by a spirit bolt from Stef). I saw little of the others except that the tall, bald man was a competent warrior.

The tower was very heavily warded, both to enter and throughout (you could transport out and around inside, but not in). We eventually dismantled most of these and then ended the ritual that was draining power from Deci. During this point I had been dragged elsewhere by slaying a revenant bound to some of the warding rituals. I think I was dragged by the spirit of place called Cyrell (who was 'dead' but restored by Hesith, a druid who accompanied us (sp?)), though it could have been another entity.

Someone else should write notes on how the draining ritual was dealt with, in-case it is found again.

What follows are what I found in the 'secret planing chamber' I was dragged to. Notes are brief because the only illumination were two tiny candles and several of their note involved ranting at changes to the world we all know about (like the Rest being a city and not a field).

In brief, all were comments or notes regarding the viability of gaining power from a given place, invading, attacking the spirit of that place or similar. I will list the Imperial cities first, then other places.

Gileenim - claimed by angels, not of much import.
Isle of Dread - in the 'nacht, again probably not a big target.
Halgar - comments about the city being in rebellion, the governor not being seen and so being a potential target.
Ickybiggle - shattered and destroyed, no other important info.
Deci - better to 'sup from it' when needed rather than interfering in the already unstable situation. I imagine this is what their rite was doing.
Alguz - tricky because of the link to heaven, but potentially a sizeable benefit if successful (I suspect because of this).
Bildteve - lots of opportunity, particularly in the fens and zombie isle (easy to go unnoticed there and often contested).

There were rants about the Rest and the Baronies and at this point the handwriting became so bad that even I couldn't read it, and I have pretty terrible writing myself.

One interesting comment was about people being stupid enough to awaken the spirit of Amantis (sp?) Pep - which someone mentioned was some sort of disease spirit that I know nothing about.

There were then some papers regarding a new world or plane of spirits older than them awakening and others seeking them also (I suspect this refers to things talked about by some of the yeomanry and other sightings of ancient beings/powers). A note then said "perhaps coming home would be of use" - I'm not sure if this refers to their keep returning to Primus or something else.

Legend - mentioned was made of Imrazil and of the temporal anomalies / instability of the land temporarily, which we all know of. They said that there was no opportunity during 1017 but at the dawn of 1018 in legend there would be a chance to exploit some opportunity or plan (no mention as to what, but we should remember this when dawn comes in Legend next year). Note, this is specifically dawn in legend, not dawn on Primus.

Other Worlds/Places:

Shaeyl - all destroyed by the Destroyer except a small place preserved by the Lord of Haven and Lu-Chang. This sounds related to Amlas perhaps? I think Lu-Chang was a former province of Lataraman?

Octoctvi - consumed by demons - necklace of the king cannot be found. The knights went to this place and helped it before, so I think those who went could shed some light here.

Cyrell - broken by a power struggle between its council of seven (who I think are spirits, via a later reference). There was talk of a Cyrell power-web, which I think relates to these seven - and the symbol of the world being three interlinked circles linked by another circle to a further three below, in the manner of two venn diagrams linked together one a-top another.

They commented that Cyrell would be difficult to kill and will do anything to survive (I think this was the name of the spirit that we encountered/restored) - if they kill it first then it will shatter the world and make it harder to consume - perhaps they did this because there was too much resistance elsewhere? Mention was also made that letting her live would make consuming/destroying the council spirits hard.

Talk was also made of taking the world spirit for a few years to weaken the place and make it ripe for harvesting. Comments also that they didn't understand how the power web formed... (not sure on this bit).

There were then some observations on weakness/those who might side with them and that two would trade power for loyalty to their realm. Then specific notes on a diagram:

OO
O

O

O
OO

Label them 1 - 7 going across and down. Comments relate to getting those positions onside/etc.

1 - Tell the truth without lies as that individual will interrogate their answers.
2 - 4 - Marked as "None".
5 - Needs to believe that what they want/do is for the best of the world.
6 - Cunning and would aid for power over the world.
7a - Will fight in principle as a whole, but might be persuaded.
7b - If offer power will betray their world. (I'm not sure how 7a and 7b relate to one another, but they both pointed to that circle).

A final summary that there were good opportunities to strike.

I suggest that those who can scry more readily than I do some further investigations (noting that nothing could be scryed about in the room and nothing from it would leave it) and we warn people to keep an eye out for their rituals and any further activity in other areas.

We should probably try to help Cyrell (the world) if we can, though I'm a little reticent as the spirit killed 626 out of hand with no provocation and would have killed the monk who was with us also, simply because he couldn't transgress a ward and help 'fast enough'. Still, if there are people of that place who we can help, then we should.

Assuming people are happy I will share more publicly.

Mirras
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Ryan
post May 15 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ May 15 2017, 01:45 PM) *
Octoctvi - consumed by demons - necklace of the king cannot be found. The knights went to this place and helped it before, so I think those who went could shed some light here.

The Amulet of the King is in possession of Henry Hope which is probably why it can't be located. If you need it he should be able to let you use it - if memory serves it allows us to speak to / transport to the small resistance of living people that hold out against the demons of that place.

Dave.
101st Empress' Own

+Quote Post
post May 15 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

Thank you for gathering and sharing this information Mirras. I would like to give thanks to all of the Knights that traveled with me this Starsday. It was a tough and complex day, however not once did anyone falter or waiver from our oaths.

Mirras I think that sharing this publicly is the right thing to do, so feel free to share away. Hopefully the people that traveled with us that aren't Knights will be able to fill in any information that we may have missed / lacking.

I will add a few bits to your notes.

The four nobles from house Daerk, their leaders name did begin with V but I cannot remember it. We will have to await Stefs notes on their names.

V ~ Was a Vampire Black Wizard - She lead with some potent wraiths touches, when this didn't seem to have the effect she hope for she started to cast the Annihilation ~ Beaten into a gas and finished with a spirit bolt.

Bearded man with the bastard sword ~ Sorcerer ~ He had a blade rune sever on his blade ~ I didnt fight him so not overly sure of anything else

Tall bald man ~ I think he was a Gythanki (possibly) ~ He fought with sword and board and tried to destroy my mind with his

4th Member ~ Possibly a causing priest but I didnt fight with her

Once they were dispatched their bodies were teleported off ~ Scrying revealed that they would be returned to life ~ I am assuming that there was some kind of ritual doing this, however it would be great to find out.

If anyone can add to these notes that would be appreciated as I am certain that we will encounter them in the future.

The ritual draining power from Deci:

There was a central focus that was covered by a protective shell
This was in a triangle with a focus at each point

How we dealt with this ritual:

The protective shell around the central focus was powered by another ritual - we went and dealt with that first
Then we had to cast a freeze on either the shell or the central focus before we we able to deal with anything else (anything that stopped people moving would have worked)
We then had to overload the shell with 6 power of magic, spirit and nature
The three focuses at the points of the triangle had to be symbolically given life. One was magical, one spiritual and one natural - I am not sure what the others did however I cast the might spell on the magical one.
The central focus then had to have its power drained, we did this by Stef casting some miracles whilst holding the focus, it had 10 power I think - this seemed to cause him some pain. The main thing to note was that the same person had to drain the power, it couldn't be multiple people.
Finally the focus was shattered - the shatter spell worked fine

This then returned the power to Deci as far as I am aware.

This is what I remember doing however it was quite a taxing day so some of these detail may be incorrect. If anyone can remember differently or commune to ensure this information is correct that would be great.

It would be good if someone could explain how we dealt with the triangle demons in the blinkered eye room, if not I shall do it when I have a chance later this week.

Thanks to everyone that was in attendance,

Rufus
Lord Knight

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post May 16 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #4

There were two pairs of three, one magical, one spiritual, one psychic. They had two layers of resurrection rites.

1 - if, after 30 seconds of death, if any of the others within the trio were alive, the dead were resurrected.
2 - each had a specific way of being killed, which if not used, it resurrected after 30 seconds (which could then in turn trigger #1).

Magic - required a dispel 10 prior to death.
Spirit - required a bless prior to death.
Psychic - required finishing off with psychic damage.

There were two trios, all very aggressive, except for one or two who kept hiding in the corners (clearly to resurrect the others). They were also within a blinkered eye rite.

The most efficacious approach was to do the dispel and bless first, then disable and kill all three together. Note that they were clever enough to kill each other in order to facilitate their resurrection and prevent their permanent demise.

Mirras
Lord Watch

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post May 16 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #5

I am thinking Virginia Daerk was the name of the ring leader... does this sound familiar to people?

Mirras

+Quote Post
BennyB
post May 16 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ May 16 2017, 11:00 AM) *
I am thinking Virginia Daerk was the name of the ring leader... does this sound familiar to people?

Mirras

She said her name was Virginia when I spoke to her.

She seemed to know some recent events but not many.

Cunning

+Quote Post
Gordon
post May 16 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 52

While it may not be connected it bears mentioning.

Jonas Daerk was the last Diabolos of Amora's Inquisition, and the incumbent previous to myself being appointed to the role in the first post Amorian Inquisition.

My memories are a little rusty on this, it has been close to two decades and I have fallen and returned in that time, but they may solidify in time. However, I believe Jonas Deark was a demonologist, at at one time under the sway of a Succubus, his blade itself was a demonic creature and he certainly was a Noble ritualist of some skill and age.

I am sure I can confirm the bloodline on Jonas in relationship to this from the rolls within the Halls of Nobility.

I would be very happy to assist in any way I can and set the strengths of my House to aide in this endeavour.

Lord Amorphus.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post May 16 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Gordon @ May 16 2017, 11:51 AM) *
While it may not be connected it bears mentioning.

Jonas Daerk was the last Diabolos of Amora's Inquisition, and the incumbent previous to myself being appointed to the role in the first post Amorian Inquisition.

My memories are a little rusty on this, it has been close to two decades and I have fallen and returned in that time, but they may solidify in time. However, I believe Jonas Deark was a demonologist, at at one time under the sway of a Succubus, his blade itself was a demonic creature and he certainly was a Noble ritualist of some skill and age.

I am sure I can confirm the bloodline on Jonas in relationship to this from the rolls within the Halls of Nobility.

I would be very happy to assist in any way I can and set the strengths of my House to aide in this endeavour.

Lord Amorphus.

De Laght and De Daerk both destroy fings. Dey wer boff men wunce and Igor did meat dem bak inz tyme.

Pork Pye

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post May 16 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #9

While some of the ancestors of my family and their twin made "poor life choices" I would appreciate it if our entire family name wasn't related or associated wholesale to what appear to be a handful of people who made poor decisions. I can cite any number of examples of individuals from other families who've made similarly poor choices.

I will do what I can to ensure those who have turned their backs on the Empire and act without the appropriate moral fortitude are stripped of their lands and titles.

I find it unlikely in the extreme that the examples of Virginia and Jonas are representative of the Daerk family as a whole. My mother, a a Daerk, was a priest of Border, and while it is true that most of my house and that of its twin followed a darker path most did not do so for morally corrupt or self-serving reasons.

Lord Mallerstang Laght
Head of House Laght
High Priest of Levity

(OOC: Apologies for character crossover)

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post May 16 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #10

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ May 16 2017, 04:01 PM) *
While some of the ancestors of my family and their twin made "poor life choices" I would appreciate it if our entire family name wasn't related or associated wholesale to what appear to be a handful of people who made poor decisions. I can cite any number of examples of individuals from other families who've made similarly poor choices.

I will do what I can to ensure those who have turned their backs on the Empire and act without the appropriate moral fortitude are stripped of their lands and titles.

I find it unlikely in the extreme that the examples of Virginia and Jonas are representative of the Daerk family as a whole. My mother, a a Daerk, was a priest of Border, and while it is true that most of my house and that of its twin followed a darker path most did not do so for morally corrupt or self-serving reasons.

Lord Mallerstang Laght
Head of House Laght
High Priest of Levity

(OOC: Apologies for character crossover)

I wuz talking about de godz ov distruktiv kreashun and kreativ distrukshun.

I fink dey were de start of yurs familie befour dey becamz godz by putin balz on der heds.

Not shur whoo yuz and de rest ofyuz familie are, wat I no iz frum lonz tyme ago

Pork Pye

+Quote Post
giles
post May 16 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 68

My thanks also for sharing this publicly. Am unaware of rebellion in Halgar, but will look to arrange a hire to investigate the situation.
If I can assist with anything further do let me know.
I have some knowledge of Octoctvi, not least how to get there, though the situation sounds bleak indeed.

Nev'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:58 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins