IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Disturbing News - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disturbing News
OxMatt
post Jul 27 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

[PRIVATELY DELIVERED WITHIN THE CHURCH]

Dear brothers and sisters in faith,

I write this missive with an extremely heavy heart, as it has required me to make a difficult decision between one who travels within my faith and the wider Church. I have remained silent for some time, but do not feel that I can do so any longer.

As some of you will know, Boo Baker left our last gathering as a faith rather abruptly, having used evil spiritual power to strike down a demon. Earlier, it had been revealed that she was, herself, demon touched. She believed that Eru Illuvatar wrote darkness (though not 'evil' per se) into the Song of Creation, and that Melkor as he originally was should still be worshipped and revered.

I do not agree, but Boo is a follower of my faith and, in keeping with the tenets of my Lady, I have travelled by her side. However, most recently our travels have brought us to a place that I cannot accept in good conscience. We became aware that a Maia named Tillion (the Maia of the Moon) was being slowly corrupted in some fashion. Boo had and has a special link to Tillion, and I became somewhat linked to him also having exploited that link in an effort to ascertain what was happening. It transpired that Tillion has been carrying a shard of a Spark of Melkor-as-was (before he became The Enemy) for many eons, and that it was now stirring and becoming more difficult to control.

Other such shards are carried by entities in and around Primus. We discovered this by travelling, along with a number of other mercenaries (many of whom were of ill repute), to the reputed last resting place of Melkor, within the Void. It had opened at a particular time and through a particular rite. After many travails, we reached the purported tomb of Melkor and recovered scriptures which appeared to be written by his own hand before he was put to death. It is said in those scriptures that Melkor (along with Eru) was a survivor from another universe long ago, and that he had been locked in combat with a First Evil. That First Evil was driving him insane, and as a result, he had asked to be killed. Subsequently, an entity known as Morgoth (forgive the use of the name) took up his mantle.

Such an account does not coincide with my knowledge or that of my Lady of Tears. I believe them largely to be the nonsensical ramblings of my Lady's brother, who went insane and became the entity we know as the Enemy. Boo, however (if I understand correctly) has chosen to believe this account, and now seeks (along with the other mercenaries with whom we travelled) the other shards of power. Should they be united they will be of very significant might, capable of raising an already powerful entity to godhood (for example). The current plan of the mercenaries is, I understand, to each take one of the shards for themselves, thus keeping them split and amassing a certain amount of personal power to themselves.

I do not recount this tale lightly, as it was effectively given to me in confidence by a follower of my faith. However, my Lady of Tears was tricked once before by her brother, and I remade her upon Primus that that might not happen again. I cannot remain silent.

I have recounted what I know. I apologise for not doing so earlier, but this has been a fine line for me to tread. I am sorry that it has come to this.

Ignatius

OOC> Cat. Pigeons. smile.gif Huw is running this campaign, but I suspect he would appreciate it if people would remain patient should they wish to 'do' anything about this....I know that he is writing a great deal at the moment and has fingers in many pies. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jul 27 2016, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 110

This isn't really a dilemma.

People who willingly and knowingly use evil spirits should be destroyed.

People who worship the Enemy of the World should be destroyed.

People who do either of those things have no place in the Church of the Lady of the Stars.

It is for Basil to take action on the last of those three points.

Falorn

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jul 27 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 48

The dilemma was more mine, in choosing to reveal this information to those of you who (for entirely understandable reasons) will wish to act on it in ways with which I don't agree. However, that's now done - so no dilemma.

I should be entirely clear, however. Boo does not worship the Enemy of the World, not least because he is dead and destroyed. She does worship the Valar that he was before he became entirely fallen and depraved. However, the fact is that the scriptures we discovered were clearly insane and the powers granted by the shards clearly corrupt and evil. Given that, to many of you it will no doubt seem an academic distinction, but it's one I ought to ensure is made.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Jul 27 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

Falorn, I agree with all your points except the last one. It is for us, as followers of the stars to take action against those who defile. She who is most beautiful did not grant us power in order to defer action to Basil. With the greatest respect , clearly he is on a spiritual journey of his own as I have nor heard of his presence in Primius for a very long time.

Yours in beauty,
Rathlin de Gostini

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jul 28 2016, 12:02 AM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 155

Rathlin.

I have to agree with Falorn on the last point as it is the excommunication of a person that we are talking about and only Basil wields Her Power to do this at the moment.

Action besides excommunication is another matter as Falorn clearly states in points one and two.

Please don't mistake Falorn's third comment as being conciliatory. Never do that.

Owen Bridgewater.

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Jul 30 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #6

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Nirnaeth, you have done what you believed to be right. Know that I will never fault you for doing so, and that I love you as my kin regardless of what those choices were. I understand if, after all this, you cannot be with me at the end. You have been a friend to me when I needed it most, a fact that I can never repay. I will remember you unto my last breath. Do not be afraid for me; but if you are, use that fear to alleviate my own, and look after my brother no matter where I may wander. He saved me from myself, but I cannot save him from me.

In these past months I have found peace; a peace that I never thought that I could feel again. I know now that what I have done and what I am yet to do is the truth of my heart and of my faith. I know that for most, if not all of you, what I have chosen to believe and place my faith in is abhorrent. I understand this, though it does not change that which I believe.

So let me ease the burden from you, as with the information that Nirnaeth has bought to you, you have enough to bear as it is. I renounce my membership of the Church of the Lady of the Stars. My faith in Her does not falter, and never shall - but the mortal organisation of a Church is as much for the benefit of its members as its Patron, and I shall not remain when my presence brings discomfort or worse to those counted amongst it.

I sign these words in my true name, that in this parting you shall remember me as I truly am.

Namárië.

Dúliniel
Herald of the Light of Telperion

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 31 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 115

I brought this information and my fear of betrayal to the church and to Basil months ago

Nothing was done

Bren

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins