IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
When Monster Slots Are Filled - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> When Monster Slots Are Filled, Info needed in Bookings section
MattWest
post Dec 5 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 653

You know how when you log in and go to the Event Diary you
get the option to book to monster - it should carry an official
statement there of what the position is if all bookable slots are
filled. E.g. "Whilst we cannot promise to accommodate more
monsters than there are booking slots, we always appreciate
people turning up to monster and will fit you in if we reasonably
can. However it does help the club, and helps avoid disappointment,
if those wishing to monster book to do so."

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
MattWest
post Dec 5 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #2

Hero

Or alternatively "if all monster slots are booked it is unlikely
that we will need extra monsters" - if that's the case (which
would surprise me). Or a comment on implications for
monster points / credits / other rewards of turning up
without booking. Or whatever CMT deems appropriate.

But some info please! I have known one inexperienced
clubmember feel unable to turn up on spec if all slots
were filled, which is understandable if there is no
official statement.

--------------------

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

+Quote Post
post Dec 5 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

Dear gods, do you really need to have this sort of minutiae written out? You do realise that the CMT have real world jobs on top of their Laby commitments, don't you...?

I've never seen the Caves turn monsters away (barring those physically incapable of safely doing the job), and 99% of refs are on these groups so if you desperately want to ref for a specific dungeon *and* there are no monster slots left, you could just drop the ref an e-mail. Or even turn up on spec, just like in the old days. You just won't get the "prebooked monster" bonus credit, but that's all

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Dec 5 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #4

Hero

Fact:- an inexperienced clubmember nearly didn't turn up to Laby because of this

Anecdotal, but it suggests there may be many in the same boat; and frankly
I would have felt the same way, based on the presentation of the bookings section,
despite knowing how things used to be in the old days.

Solution:- reach an official position, however vague/flexible it might be, and change
adventure bookings template to state official position

It's hardly minutiae, it shouldn't take much effort (10 minutes work done once,
works forever via standard website template).

For big events, 5 minutes getting the wording right should help. (E.g. Final
Dawn or Myths type events.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Dec 5 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Hero

And by the way the inexperienced clubmember I refer to is NOT
the person who posted a query about this on the general forum
(MattJ if memory serves). So that's at least two people who
might not have shown up just this coming weekend, and then
there was me getting the wrong end of the stick about what
the policy was too. Now I appreciate that you may doubt my
common sense, but if this is affecting several people, even if
mainly inexperienced clubmembers, it's an issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Dec 5 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

Thanks Matt - we'll take a look at it and see what we can do - although it has been evident recently that its rare for many people to actually read any of the notes on the adventure bookings. We can certainly look to add something though.

At some point I'd also like to add a section on the forums where we can put a string of topics of useful information for newer players to know. That may well take us some time though

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Dec 5 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #7

Viper

Member No.: 36

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Dec 5 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

I'd actually given up on the hope of anyone ever actually reading the notes that are added to any of the events.. but there you go..

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post
Jan
post Dec 5 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #9

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(Rachael B @ Dec 5 2008, 04:55 PM) *
I'd actually given up on the hope of anyone ever actually reading the notes that are added to any of the events.. but there you go..

Trouble is Rachael, those people who do read them don't cause you any bother, it's just some people, not all of us smile.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post Dec 25 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #10

Group:
Member No.: 0

There are adventure notes? wtf?

Cotter

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:40 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins