Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry May 18 2022, 06:27 PM
What a treat to awake in my cell in the Cathedral after a day spent spreading the light of the one true faith to Razcar. A day spent with my old companions is always special but to be able to combine it with time spent with some of the newer adherents to our faith was a real treat.

I had hoped we would be able to travel to the void and locate the missing treatise but She had suborned much of our work on Razcar and our day was spent repelling lizard men (one of which had a most surprising caress) and their minions who had tainted the Elbrimian shrine. We were sorely pressed and much spiritual power was spent not only dealing with the rituals set up against us but also simply maintaining life itself.

Having removed the foul taint news reached us that the villagers of Hope were being put to the sword so we set off to rescue them. The wardings on the village had been strongly enhanced from our last visit and the undead patrolling the are were similarly brutal. Had it not been for Quintus's remarkable ability to deal with Corpses we would not I feel have been able to fend them off.

Once inside the village we were beset with undead and spirits of harm which sorely taxed us. Having cleared much of the village we set about consecrating a new shrine to hold the village safe. With 8 of us tied up on that ritual Niklaus, Mercy and our new Alfar friend were hard pressed to keep the foul fiends away from us but with some help from Quintus and my new trinket we were able to repel them for just long enough to complete the ritual.

The village was not however clear and the last few nests of undeath had to be cleared out. They may have been in retreat but they remained potent. Galdor had to retreat to heaven, I went to consult with Talthar and Quintus fell. By now our powers were sorely taxed and I was bereft of any spiritual power, fortunately Solaris was able to restore Quintus to the fray.

The village cleared we withdrew to the shrine and thence to the Cathedral albeit bumping into our old adversary the Storm Child on the way. He is a challenge for another day.

Much work is required between now and our next foray to Razcar and beyond to ensure the Light Shall Shine Forth Forever.

Now to sneak back to Telmen's Slope and return Ar to her chest. I am sure Harpell will not notice.

« Next Oldest · Grisgriel's secret diary · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS