IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 1022 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Greetings to the Church! - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings to the Church!
post Jul 16 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hullo!

My name is Oscar, well sort of. Its actually an abbreviation, but I quite like it!
I named myself, but many say it suites me, hurrah.

Its nice to finally intoduce myself, im sure your all jolly nice folks, be lovely to meet you all sometime.....

I've been spending alot of time recently wondering about what I want to do, until I ran out of Grulls!
I decided I want to help people, and a good way to earn myself a living and help people is to be a mercanary......

So im going to give it a shot this Starsday, hopefully i'll find someone that will hire me, but I hear there are quite alot of jobs going around; and people who can cure the sick are in high demand. So I think im in luck!

But as said before, i've never really tried before, and not really sure what I should take.
Going to have a go at scribing a scroll some time soon too, but wondering if anyone can assist me before I go off galavanting (can you tell im excited)?

So yes, any assitance or help you could offer I am more than happy to *try* and pay for now or in the future if needed!

In eternal gratitude,

'Oscar
Of Unity.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Webof
post Jul 16 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #2

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 306

Hello there Oscar,

I don't really have much i can give to help with your forray into mercenary life, you sound like you certainly have the right attitude to do some good and help some people. Possibly Clovis might be able to lend you something to help you on your way, i did recently have some scrolls but i believe they were the property of the Knights of the land and have since been returned.

I'm sorry i couldn't be more helpful, maybe i should put someone who has more of an idea about money in charge of sorting out some sort of church funds, for instances like this in the future!

I wish you well Oscar, let us know how you got on and that you are safe and well,

Michael

--------------------
- "I think it's nearly there just need some flavor txt...."

- "10 second kick-in so the Dark Knight has enough time to get away before they notice it healing them"

- "Disappearing as a warrior for some tblp is a bit like them wanting to cast fiireblade for some tblp it just makes no sense..."

- "How about, the first blow he hits in combat may be a sever blow, this must be done at 1/2 speed"

Awesome...

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Group:

QUOTE(Webof @ Jul 16 2008, 12:34 PM) *
Hello there Oscar,

I don't really have much i can give to help with your forray into mercenary life, you sound like you certainly have the right attitude to do some good and help some people. Possibly Clovis might be able to lend you something to help you on your way, i did recently have some scrolls but i believe they were the property of the Knights of the land and have since been returned.

I'm sorry i couldn't be more helpful, maybe i should put someone who has more of an idea about money in charge of sorting out some sort of church funds, for instances like this in the future!

I wish you well Oscar, let us know how you got on and that you are safe and well,

Michael

Thank you very much for your reply Michael, and its no problem at all!

I will definately report back, providing I make it back in one piece, I am rather fragile........ But ah yes, i've heard alot about these knights of the land, not one myself though. I cant put a sword in hand or shield on arm, so im probably a bit useless!

'Oscar

+Quote Post
Webof
post Jul 16 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

The Knights have use of many different people, not just the type of person that straps on a shield and wields a sword! Im sure they would see you as far from useless.

I will see if i can contact Clovis to find out if he has anything that you could use, even if its just some money to pay for some additional potions or some-such, every little extra comes in handy.

Travel safely,

Michael

--------------------

- "10 second kick-in so the Dark Knight has enough time to get away before they notice it healing them"

- "Disappearing as a warrior for some tblp is a bit like them wanting to cast fiireblade for some tblp it just makes no sense..."

- "How about, the first blow he hits in combat may be a sever blow, this must be done at 1/2 speed"

Awesome...

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Group:

Thanks Michael, im certainly more intrested in the Knights now! Might even drop by the 'rest (I think thats it anyway), for a biscuit and cup of something warm, to maybe learn more. Im not even sure the hardiest of Knights could say no to a good biscuit or three!

Im not so good at drinking potions, there supposed to really make a difference quite quickly, not so much with me; I have no idea why!

'Oscar

+Quote Post
Webof
post Jul 16 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

If you get the chance to go to the rest i would suggest you see if you can find Lord Robert if he is there and talk with him, if you let him know that i suggested you talk with him im sure he could put you at ease about your concerns of not using a sword and shield!

He is a very friendly man and im sure he will have some helpful information.

A number of our church past and present have been and will continue to be Knights of the Land and i am sure they will more than happily fond a place for you if that was what you wished.

Michael

--------------------

Awesome...

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Group:

Lord Robert? I'll visit as soon as I can, although I do need to prepare for Starsday first.
Shall I tell him Michael said it'd be a good idea to talk to you?

I can imagine I could help keep people up and going, but intensly dislike fighting myself. But all for it if someone else is making sure a nasty creature does not do harm to the land and its peoples (especially its peoples!)

'Oscar
Who ate the last of his biscuits and needs to go out and buy more with his remaining Grulls!

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 16 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 446

I have some scrolls if you want them?

El Mina
(OOC: I am around on the 26th July, come and see me)

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #9

Group:

Thats a wonderful offer El Mina, its a pleasure to make your aquaintance.
I will get in contact personally.....

Deepest gratitude,

'Oscar
Of Unity (and glad to be too)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 16 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #10

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Hi Oscar,

If you want healing potions, Holy Water or Mystic Honey, then I can supply these for you
Oh I can also bless someone permanently, my usual charge is 10k Grulls.

I don't just give them away though, I do need to make a living
The names Anthony, and I've the Unity lot to be very friendly, Clovis convinced me it isn't a church really so I joined.

May I suggest you learn to perform the miracle of Unitys Strength. It will help you immensely

Anthony
Maiden Witch of The Coven of Ainesford

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #11

Group:

10,000? Gosh thats more than i've ever heard spoken of! Well maybe one day i'll make that much.........
Very good to meet you thought Anthony, are there often outings?

Oooo, yes i've just learnt that miracle. Have not had a really good practice, but im sure this Starsday i'll get the oppurtunity. Though I think i'll be meeting some of the Elbereth lot, for venturing and what not they seem like lovely fellows.

'Oscar

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 16 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 16 2008, 03:07 PM) *
10,000? Gosh thats more than i've ever heard spoken of! Well maybe one day i'll make that much.........

Oooo, yes i've just learnt that miracle. Have not had a really good practice, but im sure this Starsday i'll get the oppurtunity. Though I think i'll be meeting some of the Elbereth lot, for venturing and what not they seem like lovely fellows.
'Oscar

Oscar.

What do you do?

I feel you are one of the Lost Children of Ramilia and as such are welcome to anything I own.

I have an assortment of scrolls which I would be happy to give to you. Before you travel, tell me where it is you are going such I can keep an eye on you.

The Elbereth lot, yes, lovely fellows. But, just remember it is more important you are nice because you choose to be and not because someone instructs it. Try not to fall into their confines of God worshipping.

Remstar
Enokhian

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Group:

Im afraid Mr. Remstar I know very little about my past. My memory is..... vague to say the least.

I have met none of my kind before, and know not of what I am known as. People stare but dont speak to me often.
I seek to draw back the veil that stops me from knowing my ancestors past, but that is easier said than done.

And about Elbereth.... why would I want to spread the love of "The Lady" when we need to work on love between each other first and foremost! There is far too much violence as it is without holy war.

I do not know yet of my destination but will inform you as soon as I know. I live with a friend of mine (he helped me when I first found my feet), in a shabby little inn, in Halgar. He's abit rought around the edges, but he's bright inside.

About what I do, I suppose I heal people, at least thats what I have been told im good at.....
I've been taught, but im still working on it. Its terribly enjoyable when you see you can really make a difference.

With Much Respect,

'Oscar

QUOTE(Carlo @ Jul 16 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Oscar.

What do you do?

I feel you are one of the Lost Children of Ramilia and as such are welcome to anything I own.

I have an assortment of scrolls which I would be happy to give to you. Before you travel, tell me where it is you are going such I can keep an eye on you.

The Elbereth lot, yes, lovely fellows. But, just remember it is more important you are nice because you choose to be and not because someone instructs it. Try not to fall into their confines of God worshipping.

Remstar
Enokhian

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 16 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #14

Post Police

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 16 2008, 03:07 PM) *

'Oscar

Yeah we meet up fairly often

The services of a permanent blessing are indeed expensive, but then, its something that if you are careful will never go away.
Much cheaper than having an artefact crafted of such

10,000 isn't much. You'll realise that once you start mercenary life properly

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #15

Group:

Im looking forward to going out with you all, although I'd probably just slow you down!

Considering the sheer usefullness and efficency of a permanent blessing as such, im sure really its worth alot more, I mean you cant put a price on something saving your life. So 10,000 seems very reasonable.

I've done a bit of research and been told by another, that its usually about 2,000-3,000 Grulls as a usual payment?

Hope hes not fibbing to try and make a fool out of me!

'Oscar

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 16 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #16

Post Police

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 16 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Im looking forward to going out with you all, although I'd probably just slow you down!

Considering the sheer usefullness and efficency of a permanent blessing as such, im sure really its worth alot more, I mean you cant put a price on something saving your life. So 10,000 seems very reasonable.

I've done a bit of research and been told by another, that its usually about 2,000-3,000 Grulls as a usual payment?

Hope hes not fibbing to try and make a fool out of me!

'Oscar

Its true, but it depends on the nature of the problem

For now, I suggest blessing yourself, and buying potions instead. When you can spare the money, I'll be here.
Did I mention that I make potions as well...

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jul 17 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #17

Group:

Yes, you did. But as I said before, they've never prooved their worth when i've been ill before!!!

But I may just so buy a few from you, what is the price per doseage?

'Oscar

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 17 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #18

Post Police

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 17 2008, 07:25 AM) *
Yes, you did. But as I said before, they've never prooved their worth when i've been ill before!!!

But I may just so buy a few from you, what is the price per doseage?

'Oscar

It depends

Single strength potions, per bottle of 3 doses is 500 grulls
Double Strength potions, per bottle of 3 doses is 1500 grulls
6-times strength potions, per bottle of 1 dose are 1800 grulls each
Holy water, is 2000 grulls per dose
Mystic Honey, is 3500 grulls per dose

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jul 17 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #19

Group:

Ramilia, that word...... conjures something inside of me.
Mixed feeling of both love and peace, but destruction and pain. It is confusing and unclear.....

What do I do? Well I can cure wounds, but also use the powers of the golden drake. Apparantly im special in the fact I can cure elves as well...... But its always been quite natural for me!

Anthony if your around this Starsday nearby-ish Halgar, i'll visit you early to buy some single strength? Only a bottle, maybe two.

Oscar

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 17 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #20

Post Police

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 17 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Ramilia, that word...... conjures something inside of me.
Mixed feeling of both love and peace, but destruction and pain. It is confusing and unclear.....
What do I do? Well I can cure wounds, but also use the powers of the golden drake. Apparantly im special in the fact I can cure elves as well...... But its always been quite natural for me!
Anthony if your around this Starsday nearby-ish Halgar, i'll visit you early to buy some single strength? Only a bottle, maybe two.

Oscar

I'll see if I can spare some, they're all mostly tied up in a few large orders I'm doing for the summer

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:34 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins