IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Deci - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Deci, Senate announcement
post Aug 14 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

In response to a specific request from the Governor of Deci the Senate has, after much deliberation decided to suspend the punishment levied upon the city of Deci.

It has been decided that that the city and the people of Deci have been punished enough and while it no longer harbours The Murder the loyal imperial citizens should no longer be punished.

We extend our thanks to the City of Eartholme for looking after the people in this troubled time.

We hope that under Governor Drake the city can once more return to being a productive member of the Empire.

Praise the Empress.

Count Drago
Senator for Domestic Affairs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Aug 14 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

A decision made without even speaking to a single Eartholme councillor or citizen.

Wonderful. Genius.

but not unexpected.

What a croc of shh...

Fidgit

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Aug 14 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #3

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(abyatt @ Aug 14 2008, 03:58 PM) *
A decision made without even speaking to a single Eartholme councillor or citizen.

Wonderful. Genius.

but not unexpected.

What a croc of shh...

Fidgit

Also I should point out, in direct contradiction of the vote of the convocation of nobility and of the ruling of the Empress herself that the matter should stand as was. I do not appreciate the precedent of one of the few rulings the convocation has made in recent years and one of the even rarer direct pronouncements of her Highness being casually cast aside.

This matter was of great political controversy, such that the Senate went to considerable lengths to persuade the convocation to vote in support of this measure in the first place. Having done so I think you are no longer entitled to change your minds so trivially.

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 14 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #4

Deity

Member No.: 25

Lord Winterhaven,

I believe that you may be a little mistaken in your understanding of wordes of the Empress in relation to the tithes. The original tithe against Deci, as agreed to by the Nobility was for weregild to be paid to Eartholme by Deci, however on the 23 of Maii IM 1007 The Chancellor made the following announcement as to the exact nature of the payment to be made by Deci and its people to Eartholme and her people:

“Many options were available to the Senate but we did not want the Tithe to be meaningless and just a pile of money. As such we have taken time to check over options with the Scribes and Chancellery.

Now I can finally announce the Tithe for Deci:

- The rural holdings and mines in the southern region of Deci will be moved to fall under the Governance of Eartholme. This administration and boundary change will stay in effect as long as the Senate deems it fit.
- 20% of all Deci production will be Tithed to Eartholme for 1 year.

Earl Louis White
Chancellor”

As you can see the specific nature of the tithe declared was that the change was temporary until such time as the Senate saw fit to restore the land.

Two tithes were brought at the last Final Dawn one a vote of confidence in the Chancellor. The other a tithe to state that the remit of the original tithe had been overstepped by declaring land rather money forfeit. The first of these tithes was defeated. The second tithe was drawn. IN such situations the Empress herself has the casting vote. At that time Count Edwidge, the Empress’ Herald, carried a prepared message from the Empress herself, saying:

“I am instructed to say that in the event of a tie, the matter stands. The decision stands. I feel however that none of us have done well out of this. Let us have no more said on the matter from either side.”

Thus it was the judgement of the Empress that the in the matter of the tithed lands the original tithe remained and that she judged that the subject was no long for discourse by the Halls. This was not a statement by her that she was changing the duration of the original tithe or that she was removing the decision by the senate as to when they deemed fit the returning of the lands.

The Senate have now deemed it a fit to restore the lands thus concluding the tithe.

At this time Governor Drake is not in a position to comment on the situation but I am sure that he will be gratified that the Senate have chosen this time to bring an end to the situation.

A. Halfblack
Halfblack Holdings

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Aug 14 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Viper

Member No.: 36

Very well. That does put a different tenor on the matter.

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Aug 15 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

not for me it doesn't

Fidgit

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Feb 25 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

QUOTE(abyatt @ Aug 15 2008, 09:37 AM) *
not for me it doesn't

Fidgit

Who cares what you think Fidgit !!

Thank you for being civil Kenobi, well done Mr Halfblack...

Jaraxle

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 25 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #8

Deity

Member No.: 25

Actually, strange as it may sound, I happen to care what Fidgit has to say. I may not agree with all he has to say but the role of Governor of a city is a hard one.

His city has suffered but throughout this he has chosen not to blame the people of Deci for events and has, despite his anger and the potential for seeking vengeance chosen to remain measured in all his responses to the situation.

I would therefore ask, Master Jaraxle, that this be a subject consigned to history.

A. Halfblack
Grand Vizier of Deci

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Feb 25 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

QUOTE(BBB @ Feb 25 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Actually, strange as it may sound, I happen to care what Fidgit has to say. I may not agree with all he has to say but the role of Governor of a city is a hard one.

His city has suffered but throughout this he has chosen not to blame the people of Deci for events and has, despite his anger and th potential for seeking vengeance chosen to remain measured in all his responses to the situation.

I would therefore ask, Master Jaraxle, that this be a subject consigned to history.

A. Halfblack
Grand Vizier of Deci

yes you are right Mr Black, Fidgit all can say is my temper sometimes get the better of me.

Jaraxle.

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins