IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Obituary for Anarcus - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obituary for Anarcus, Gone but not forgotten
duncanmatthias
post Aug 8 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Anarcus and Myself recently travelled with a Group of Mercenaries from the Court of Almacsa. Most of you won’t believe what we did, so I will not try to convince you. Suffice to say it was important and the safety of Primus and the whole Exostance was held in the balance.

It was a hard fort week, with many loses and sacrifice’s made, but as the sun came up on our final day, it became apparent that we as a group were not going to make it.

Anarcus, would not run to fight another day. He in his 30 years as a mercenary had never run away, and he would not condemn his oldest friend Gerehax to her death. As such he made the decision to sacrifice himself, consumed by our ritual, never to sit beside our Lord Michael, and never to walk Primus again. It saddens me to tell you that he is gone forever.

He had a number of dying wishes, some of which we completed on the day, some of which I shall endeavour to complete in the coming months, but for now, let hime be remembered, as the man he was, strong armed and strong minded. Always willing to take the fight to the dark. He was God’s favourite, and mine to.

As we said many times throughout the week. “You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs”, and Anarcus was one hell of a good Egg.

Goodbye good friend. May we all sip some of the Holy Water tonight.

Castiel
Arch Angel of Michael
High Priest of St. Michael
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 8 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 263

Anarchus
My friend, for over 30 years we have stood together in battle, you have been the one that has kept me in the light, the one I always came to when I feared the Dark. Your Guidance, Your friendship I shall miss greatly. You looked after your old friend even when you were not there, those of your faith kept me in the light when the utter despair of grief drove me on a path to the dark. On hearing my plight from your faithful you came, it was like a sword had cut through the darkness and I could once again see, you guided me and together we strove forward to end the terrible threat we faced. You proved your friendship to me once again and for the final time, you knew the situation was grave, you knew for what I fought and the ramifications of failure, and you chose to stand for your friend, this ultimate sacrifice, this gracious deed humbles me more than I can speak, I sit here in my home with tears rolling down my face still, trying to find the right words to say but nothing I can write down or say seems enough or even worthy of your actions. There is a gaping gap now in my heart that I will never be able to fill, my people are in mourning for all who fell, and any Dwarves of My realm which seek to join your faith, that of St Michael will be granted permission with my blessings, we shall do what us Dwarves do in such times, we shall build, we shall build in your honour, and there shall be new Buildings here of your faith, alongside my own faith that of my father and it is my hope that both can move on together. Let your light shine forever and never diminish, and know this, it is your faith I will seek for aid in times of darkness and dread, and your people I shall come and defend if ever they need me.
My sincere thanks Anarchus, My sincere thanks Michael, and my Most gracious thanks to Castiel and Radah of Michael, who also gave much in defence of the world.
There will be a 3-month Mourning period in Al-Macsar for all who fell dealing with this threat.
I myself will be available by appointment only through my Ambassador Thyrn or via the Lawbinder Alax Deepstone for the next three months, St Michael followers who wish to speak with me, will be granted Priority. All Al-Macsar Court members should return to the court chambers Immediately, where there will be a court meeting and events to remember our lost friends.

With great Sadness,
Always your friend, you will never be forgotten
Gerehax

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 27k
Tweegle - Jade crusader of Michael 15k (not a thief or a liar)
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 13k
Tetsu Ko - Chieftain raging bear tribe 9k
Lantolas - Paladin of frozen tiger tribe 2k
Ganbaru - Kensai of Chisana Nezumi clan 1.5k

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Aug 8 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 119

Anarchus,

Hero of Legend,

Legend of Primus,

You and I were more alike than I would ever have cared to admit in your presence.

From Shayle, to Legend, through the several different bodies in which I knew you - Angel, Phoenix, Demon - you were always the same person, with the same conviction and morals. It didn't ever matter which powers you called in which form, you were always you - Anarchus - High Priest of St Michael. You never changed one bit - and if people think you had, your friends knew you hadn't.

You had many sayings that many priests of light have been shocked by over the years, and will be legendary throughout the years to come.

You were well respected by many. A brother to many, and a friend to many more. For a man so devout to his faith, you managed to accumulate many friends along your 3 decades of fighting evil.

Even if you do not get to rest by your Lord's side, even if you never walk side by side with your friends again - your memory will live on eternally in those who's lives you touched, and in those who would only know you as Legend.

Rest well my friend.

Remstar
Hero of Legend
Virtue of Unity
Enoch Khan

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Aug 8 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Anarchus, you were a dick.

But you were our dick.

There weren't many people who got to see the side of you that actually laughed at things, but we did. You were there when we started and, no matter how much you might've tried to deny it, you enjoyed it just as much as the rest of us. You also never tried to stop us being weird and different, and surprisingly you never killed any of us either. Not even Roy.

Your other Knights will remember you by, I don't know, honouring you or some such. The Errants won't. We're all going to get drunk and start bar fights. Because you would've hated it. You would've told us, at length, how we were staining our souls and wasting our lives when we could've done something better with it, and how you totally knew we were summoning undead behind your back because it made things easier.

We're going to keep you alive by remembering all the times we managed to make you laugh despite how much of a dick you were. You would have hated every second.

And you would've been there with us anyway.

Boo Baker

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Aug 8 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 155

I am saddened by the loss of Anarchus. He was unyielding and uncompromising in doing the will of Our Lord Michael.

He will be missed.

Justin the Left Handed.
Priest of Michael.
Captian, 101st Armoured Division, Empress' Own.

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Aug 9 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #6

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

Anarchus

You strived to recreate this faith on Primus with Saladin when you saved St Michael decades ago and your achievements are here to be seen now and will forever.

I had the honour to be the High Priest for a few years and when I went on my Pilgrimage in to the wilderness you were the only person it felt right to hand the Church back to.

Vidar
Ex High Priest of St Michael
Pilgrim of the Sands
Knight of Elfheim

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Aug 9 2017, 08:39 AM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 472

I must say it's somewhat irritating that Anarchus has fallen. He was one of the most reasonable mercenaries from the faiths of light that I've met. Primus will be weaker for his loss. I can only hope that his successor continues his legacy.

Baron Jacoby Stillwater
Diablos

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Aug 9 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 190

Anarchus,

One to always stick to his beliefs and never back down.

We did not share gods, but he was a man after my own heart.

Reast (the priest)

Of Elbereth

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Aug 11 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #9

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

As I have said elsewhere at this news, I will mourn for an eternity at this loss.

Written By The Hand of Isha
Daughter of Saladin

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 11 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #10

Deity

Member No.: 25

Anarchus was one of the first Mercenaries I ever traveled with extensively.

Unyielding, uncompromising and without fear.

One of the greatest Leaders of the faiths Of Light.

He will be missed and remembered.

Watching-Owl

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Labyman
post Aug 12 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #11

Militiaman

Member No.: 5,457

I wish to only say I will carry on the work of Michael and fulfill the tasks you given me.

A legend.

Praise Michael

Radah

--------------------
Radah of Michael - scout/psychic/wizard/priest /warrior 80,000 pts
Dev’ Stark - Wizard/Wizard 15000 pts
Destiny - Warrior/Druid - 14000 pts
Karn - wizard/ritualist

+Quote Post
Patch
post Oct 5 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

So I am late to this wake...

but I will raise a glass and I will say a prayer and remember a man who just wouldn't let go... no matter the odds.

Harpell

Ps. My Queen, the best to you and your people, I'm sorry I missed the gathering of your court

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Oct 6 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #13

Mercenary

Oh My Friend

We have had sad times for many many months now, noble and gracious friends passing from us, I am
only still here due to their sacrifices and friendship, many gave much, we fought hard in the face of
arguments, perceived betrayals, threats and stupidity, but through it all one thing remained the desire
to try, to carry on until the bitter end. Did we win well no not really, as in all war we lost much, friends to death,
friendships torn and sundered by actions, heresay and such things. I am afraid these things seem unable to be repaired,
i have not ventured from my home since these dark days.
You must come visit and cheer up this tired Queen.

I am glad to hear this voice breaking through the darkness

Gerehax
your friend always

QUOTE(Patch @ Oct 5 2018, 03:17 PM) *
So I am late to this wake...

but I will raise a glass and I will say a prayer and remember a man who just wouldn't let go... no matter the odds.

Harpell

Ps. My Queen, the best to you and your people, I'm sorry I missed the gathering of your court

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 6 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #14

Post Police

Member No.: 38

The only man to make me consider religion

Willock
Legend's Seasons

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Patch
post Oct 8 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #15

Mercenary

QUOTE(Sarah @ Oct 6 2018, 09:26 AM) *
Oh My Friend

We have had sad times for many many months now, noble and gracious friends passing from us, I am
only still here due to their sacrifices and friendship, many gave much, we fought hard in the face of
arguments, perceived betrayals, threats and stupidity, but through it all one thing remained the desire
to try, to carry on until the bitter end. Did we win well no not really, as in all war we lost much, friends to death,
friendships torn and sundered by actions, heresay and such things. I am afraid these things seem unable to be repaired,
i have not ventured from my home since these dark days.
You must come visit and cheer up this tired Queen.

I am glad to hear this voice breaking through the darkness

Gerehax
your friend always

My Queen, My friend...

I will not come and visit you while you are sat on your throne brooding for your losses!

You and I are old, old friends, and while I know you are sad and you mourn I also know (and I venture better than anyone) that when times are darkest and all hope seems lost, that is when you will find a spark of light that refuses to die. Friendships can be torn apart by rash actions and stupidity, you and I have come to blows in the heat of battle. We have disagreed, argued and siad things we should not have, we are still friends. As much as they can be rent and torn so too can they be remade, healed, by thought and humility.

Anarchus did not give up his seat at Michaels side so you could sit and hide yourself away, he did not die to prolong your dark days, nor those of your people.

You are a stubbourn soul, even amoungst a race of stubbourn souls, do not sit and brood while Thryn runs interfearance...

Anarchus will have given his life to help you, your people and your court prosper... So pick yourself up, go down to your forge and pour your sadness and grief into your craft, forge something worthy of your friend, something that you can fill with all your love, your pain, and your memories... and with its forging let go of your grief and get your @rse back into the world!

Don't make me come down there and drag you off that chair...

Harpell
Warlord of Almacsar (Expired wink.gif )

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Oct 8 2018, 09:31 AM
Post #16

Mercenary

Ha Ha Ha,
You can rely on your old friends to set you straight, you know me too well, i never turn my back on the world and why did i not think of this, the forging of a weapon worthy of my friend hand to his people, to his faith, for them in their time of need.....
I am up from my throne, i have purpose, the forges will be working hard now, and I shall work this forge for many months until i am happy
with this weapon, and then i shall gift it to those of his faith....(took me 6 months to make the Axe of an Army, Rimirils Axe, a few days for the elven arm in the days when priests could not fix such things, a day and challenge for my axe when i became queen, 6 weeks to create a body for Dalron.

Must go I have things to get, components and such like, i must dust off my forging gear, i must speak to his people, and find out which
type of weapon they feel they would like in his name, but this weapon will be made for others too who we have lost never to be seen,
and for all those who gave so much,

A weapon for those of the St Michael faith and those who gave without glory, for all who aided us, even those we fell out with in those
dark days, a weapon to remember the friendships that pulled us through in the end.

My thanks my friend, once again, i am off to plan
Gerehax your old pal

QUOTE(Patch @ Oct 8 2018, 09:13 AM) *
My Queen, My friend...

I will not come and visit you while you are sat on your throne brooding for your losses!

You and I are old, old friends, and while I know you are sad and you mourn I also know (and I venture better than anyone) that when times are darkest and all hope seems lost, that is when you will find a spark of light that refuses to die. Friendships can be torn apart by rash actions and stupidity, you and I have come to blows in the heat of battle. We have disagreed, argued and siad things we should not have, we are still friends. As much as they can be rent and torn so too can they be remade, healed, by thought and humility.

Anarchus did not give up his seat at Michaels side so you could sit and hide yourself away, he did not die to prolong your dark days, nor those of your people.

You are a stubbourn soul, even amoungst a race of stubbourn souls, do not sit and brood while Thryn runs interfearance...

Anarchus will have given his life to help you, your people and your court prosper... So pick yourself up, go down to your forge and pour your sadness and grief into your craft, forge something worthy of your friend, something that you can fill with all your love, your pain, and your memories... and with its forging let go of your grief and get your @rse back into the world!

Don't make me come down there and drag you off that chair...

Harpell
Warlord of Almacsar (Expired wink.gif )

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Patch
post Oct 8 2018, 11:52 AM
Post #17

Mercenary

Even in the darkest times hope can be born...

You will craft a fitting legacy for our friend.

My wok here is done...

Harpell
He who is Elbrime

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins