IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Port Miere Dungeons - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Port Miere Dungeons
BBB
post Oct 28 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

So,

Anyone interested in some more Port Miere dungeons to help turf out its demonic tourists?

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Oct 28 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 37

Yep, count me in as latest redident of Curns Grasp, demon army on the door step isn't good for business smile.gif

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 28 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #3

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Senate can sponsor smile.gif So you can get paid and everything

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Oct 28 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

I'd be up for something smile.gif

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Oct 28 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #5

Out of interest, when is the the Heroes turn due out for Port Meire? is it likely to be the battle turn that kicks them out or they still on the getting there stage?

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BBB
post Oct 28 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Deity

There's no sign of the turn coming back any time soon, in fact, we've not even had the deadline for the turn to go in yet. I reckon that we can get a few more dungeons in before the Port Miere turn is even due in.

Its anybody's guess if the Leions can retake the city in a single turn, I'm on the pessimistic side of the fence that says currently no but thinking if we get more dungeons dealing with stuff and more CPs flowing in that the chances of success in a single turn go up.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 28 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #7

Post Police

QUOTE(BBB @ Oct 28 2010, 03:21 PM) *
There's no sign of the turn coming back any time soon, in fact, we've not even had the deadline for the turn to go in yet. I reckon that we can get a few more dungeons in before the Port Miere turn is even due in.

Its anybody's guess if the Leions can retake the city in a single turn, I'm on the pessimistic side of the fence that says currently no but thinking if we get more dungeons dealing with stuff and more CPs flowing in that the chances of success in a single turn go up.

BBB

Yeah but it should be retaken in one go. Really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBB
post Oct 28 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Deity

QUOTE(DanM @ Oct 28 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Yeah but it should be retaken in one go. Really.

Why?

It took us several turns to lose it and they had a navy and we don't.

It would very nice to take care of it in one hit but instinct tells me it just won't be that easy sad.gif

Still, live in hope.

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Oct 28 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #9

Cool, cheers Ian. Either way count me in for any dungeons

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Oct 28 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(BBB @ Oct 28 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Errr.... it took one turn to loose it.

Huw

+Quote Post
Jan
post Oct 28 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #11

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Oct 28 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Huw

I can assure people it didn't. The obvious moment of the actual invasion battle was contained in one turn, but the activities before that battle went on for quite a while, and were reported by various players on various forums.

Jan
(speaking as a player, not as CC)

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 28 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #12

Post Police

QUOTE(BBB @ Oct 28 2010, 03:45 PM) *
Why?

It would very nice to take care of it in one hit but instinct tells me it just won't be that easy sad.gif

Well when mercenaries get involved, it should be like dropping a nuke on the place
Its a win button, especially when a themeday gets involved.

If not, then we run the "We walk in, we start killing" dungeon and do it the old fashioned way

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Oct 28 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #13

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(DanM @ Oct 28 2010, 04:07 PM) *
Well when mercenaries get involved, it should be like dropping a nuke on the place

I'm still sort of half-expecting Mercutio to have a spell called "Nuke the site from orbit" stashed away for a sufficiently bad day...

+Quote Post
BBB
post Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #14

Deity

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Oct 28 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Huw

Nope not in the least - for starters there were two turns of fighting before the city was lost - the first attack was repelled by Jake when he summoned Mother Deeps, the Kraken thing, after that the foe were more careful and the Senate wasted time arguing over the legality of helping The Crime Lord defend Port Miere whilst the city fell...

Any way, back to the point, any takers for reffing some dungeons?

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jan
post Oct 28 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(DanM @ Oct 28 2010, 04:07 PM) *
If not, then we run the "We walk in, we start killing" dungeon and do it the old fashioned way

Encounter 3

The Enemy attack in a massive wave. Simultaneously 400 zombies attack each and every character dragging them down by force of numbers. To simulate this we are going to just pour concrete into area D to the depth of 9'. The concrete exists OOC and players must provide their own air supply and escape apparatus.

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post Oct 28 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #16

Group:

QUOTE(Jan @ Oct 28 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Encounter 3

The Enemy attack in a massive wave. Simultaneously 400 zombies attack each and every character dragging them down by force of numbers. To simulate this we are going to just pour concrete into area D to the depth of 9'. The concrete exists OOC and players must provide their own air supply and escape apparatus.

Cue the Holy Word Dismissal paladins?

If they have an item of Thunderous Decree each they should be able to clear the whole city in one go...

+Quote Post
post Oct 28 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #17

Group:

QUOTE(Jan @ Oct 28 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Encounter 3
To simulate this we are going to just pour concrete into area D to the depth of 9'. The concrete exists OOC and players must provide their own air supply and escape apparatus.

I'd have gone with custard to allow the area to be used again but that's just me...

Anyway I'm game, any indication where the item is?

Ohh and the most number of zombies I've seen simultaneously able to get on one player is 6 or 8. It was getting hard to tell who was 'on' [true story] - do the rest queue in nice neat lines?

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 28 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 52

Interested in helping with the liberation as a few characters.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
post Oct 29 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #19

Group:

I guess we won't really know the affects of the 'liberating Port Miere' themeday and other port miere related dungeons until some turns get processed which, as BBB suggests, won't be for a while. My feeling is though, that mercenary activity will only have so much effect (and I think this would probably still be the case if people were running port miere dungeons every weekend from the moment it was taken until the turns get processed) but it's also probably worth thinking that unless the Spiter is shipping in extra troops everyday (which would have made us doing anything in Live a bit pointless) then there aren't going to be hundreds and hundreds of troops in Port Miere or indeed Party Size x 400 zombies.

Ultimately, it's a good enough reason to run a dungeon which has some over-arching plot line but I'll be surprised if there's significant over-arching effect but I look forward to being proven wrong.

Paul

+Quote Post
BBB
post Oct 29 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #20

Deity

Ok, so we have interested peeps. What sort of levels are people happy with / would like to play?

My choices, in rough order of pereference:

William ~ 2k
Tsu-Ling ~ Post 10k
Anath ~ 7.5k
Tsu-Ling Avatar of indterminate level

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins