IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Knights Oath - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Knights Oath, An Announcement
Naga
post Mar 11 2020, 10:08 AM
Post #21

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Saladin @ Mar 11 2020, 12:03 AM) *
I don't see anything that is different today after Tristan speech and 30 years ago.

It is still the same thing. I do not see and have not seen a moral quandary ever with my oath to the land or my duty of care to the teachings of Saint Michael.

They fully aligned. If a bridge of contrived bullshit is something you want to create to find excuses to have a go at the Knights there is the door feel free to Jog on.

If you believe in doing the right thing by the land and it's people then feel free to continue to serve the Land.

We are guardians of the Land and long may we continue to help defend it and all that live in it.

If by now you don't understand what the vow is by the example of those that have been Knights for 30 odd years and their example then again I say move on and do your thing elsewhere.

Shield on Arm
Sword in Hand
Brothers together
We defend the Land.

Really simple stop over complecating it.

Written by the Hand of Isha

Saladin bin Noordin
Duke Defender of Labyrinthia
Summoner of the Knights

Just because you have been here for a long time does not mean we should follow your example I remember Serki Kami. There are knights like lord Tristian, Tidus ,Remstar who’s example I’ll be following.

Yusaki
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 11 2020, 12:07 PM
Post #22

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

At last!

Vincenzo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 11 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #23

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

This isn't new. I made the change to our ethos regarding Faith twenty years ago.

Moonglum

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Mar 11 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #24

Legend

Member No.: 155

My sincere apologies for throwing yet another cat in amongst the pigeons.

As a member of an Imperial Legion I am sworn to the obedience of my orders from the Empress. This Oath predates my joining of the Knights.

Whilst there has never been any conflict in the past, and I would imagine never will be, I will take Her orders over yours Lord Knight.

If you think that this is cause to leave the Knights then so be it.

Bill the Blue.
101st Armoured Division.
Empress' Own.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Mar 11 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #25

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Mar 11 2020, 04:35 PM) *
My sincere apologies for throwing yet another cat in amongst the pigeons.

As a member of an Imperial Legion I am sworn to the obedience of my orders from the Empress. This Oath predates my joining of the Knights.

Whilst there has never been any conflict in the past, and I would imagine never will be, I will take Her orders over yours Lord Knight.

If you think that this is cause to leave the Knights then so be it.

Bill the Blue.
101st Armoured Division.
Empress' Own.

Tristan has clearly stated this isn't about obeying his orders.

But if you obey an order from the Empress that causes you to break your oath, then you are aware what the consequences of that would be.

That is your choice, hopefully you will not find it an insurmountable concern.

Sirac

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Mar 11 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #26

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

QUOTE(Ferro @ Mar 11 2020, 09:02 AM) *
There shouldn't be any question about this, it's only reiterating what we surely all believed when deciding to become a knight of the land?

Being a knight of the land is an honour and it comes with great benefits. You shouldn't be a knight if you doubt you could uphold the oath.

With great power comes great responsibility and we each have that responsibility as knights.

If you follow the laws of the empire or a faith that follows the light or generally just try to do the right thing, you have nothing to worry about.

If you're using the knights to hide within its ranks and have no intention of upholding its beliefs, you should probably walk away.

As brothers in arms, we should have faith that our fellow knights will do whatever they can to protect and aid us and not worry about being stabbed in the back or left to rot because a conflicting belief - whether that's religious, political, racial, or anything else - says you shouldn't aid us.

If you are duty bound by other beliefs to either "kill" or "not aid" an X because of Y then all Lord Tristan is saying, is to give your oath as a knight of the land at least equal weight.

If you believe your other oaths or belief would not allow you to fulfil your role as a knight of the land, or it would always take precedence no matter what, then perhaps consideration of your role within our ranks is needed if you cannot give as much importance to your oath as a knight of the land.

It wasn't so long ago that people were complaining of knights not taking their oath seriously enough. Therefore this statement shouldn't come as a surprise and for the vast majority of us, shouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Kiwi

Well said Kiwi.

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
TarquinTalthar
post Mar 11 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #27

Peon

Member No.: 6,923

Hello Everybody,

I have been a Knight of the Watch for over 25 years but have only recently returned from the Chilling Fields, after taking the teachings of Talthar and the Knighthood there some time ago – so please forgive me if my observations are either misplaced or unwanted.

Since my return, there has been a long and reputationally damaging dialogue about the expulsion and then reinstatement of Knights and now, a ‘clarification’ that has sparked a not dissimilar debate – the purpose for which I am unclear. I deeply respect the Lord Knight and the comments and feedback of all of the Knights of the Land and am, with the same depth, saddened by both the divisive discussion and the decision for many to leave as a result – including our Messiah, Lord Aven.

My ask is a simple one. Please allow us to move forward – as one and with clarity and purpose – which I, with passion, believe we have always done in the past. It is in my opinion, the obligation of the leadership of the organisation to state specifically what is acceptable as a member of the Guild or not – individuals should not decide. Simply - is it possible to be a Knight of the Land, if you have a Faith or any other allegiance or membership that does not currently, but in the future could, compel you to take actions that contravene the Oath? If the answer is ‘no’, then I would propose that no priest of any deity could be a Knight. If the answer is ‘yes’, I would suggest and with Talthar's divine hope, that those who have made a decision to leave, should re-consider.

Our realm is a good place and worth fighting for – let us do that, rather than fight amongst ourselves.

With humility, Tarquin of Talthar (Voice of Elbrime)

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Mar 11 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #28

Hero

Member No.: 98

Why are you all chiming in?

the Lord knight has told us what his expectations are for the year ahead... toe the line or enjoy some sex and travel.

Link.

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Mar 11 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #29

Mercenary

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Mar 11 2020, 09:36 PM) *
Why are you all chiming in?

the Lord knight has told us what his expectations are for the year ahead... toe the line or enjoy some sex and travel.

Link.

I am not that clever but are you saying that if I do what the lord Knight says I cannot enjoy some sex?

Fred

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 11 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #30

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Not once have I ever thought that being in a legion, and being a Knight would be an issue. If there was ever a time when the Knights had to stand against The Empire, then it would a time when the people needing defending from the Empire. Unless we have a dramatic change of direction, its a theoretical issue that won't come up

Willock
Knight Consul
Hero of Legend

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 12 2020, 08:18 AM
Post #31

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(DanM @ Mar 11 2020, 09:54 PM) *
Not once have I ever thought that being in a legion, and being a Knight would be an issue. If there was ever a time when the Knights had to stand against The Empire, then it would a time when the people needing defending from the Empire. Unless we have a dramatic change of direction, its a theoretical issue that won't come up

Willock
Knight Consul
Hero of Legend

Exactly Willock

The views of our Empress and the Knights are as one
If that were to change on day and someone like Amora were to come to the throne and start razing the villages of our neighbours then we would all have a long hard think about whose side we were on

General Chance
The Bastion

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 12 2020, 12:49 PM
Post #32

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 12 2020, 08:18 AM) *
Exactly Willock

The views of our Empress and the Knights are as one
If that were to change on day and someone like Amora were to come to the throne and start razing the villages of our neighbours then we would all have a long hard think about whose side we were on

General Chance
The Bastion

Exactly, one day it all might change, but right now we are aligned.

Willock

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:42 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins