IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
New Pro Imperial Evil Political Guild - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Pro Imperial Evil Political Guild, Gauging interest
SiDeards
post Sep 5 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 608

Hi all

Wanting to gauge interest to see if there is any mileage in starting up a Pro Imperial Evil Political guild, with the ethos being around "Getting the job done for the safety of the empire with whatever means necessary" kinda thing.

Kinda members would be Pro Imperial types like Church of Iron and Empire members and other Evil Pro Empire types.

The world shouldn't just be for those who radiate light and goodness smile.gif sometimes you need to murder that far off ruler to ensure safety for the rest of the Empire etc smile.gif

--------------------
Thade - Ebony Fire Winter Rogue / Ebony & Jade Wizard
Gast - Mantic Chromatic Immortal Half Elf Wizard
Geist - Iron & Empire Dark Spirit of Glass
Hiro - Definitely not an Assassin
Skarlon - Tryst Noclo Warrior with Spirit innates
Simon - St Michael Paladin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Sep 5 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

"Getting the job done for the safety of the empire with whatever means necessary"

The very definition of my LN, fanatically pro-Empire mystic Imperial Seer (best described by Lee as "Lawful Imperial"). Surely "whatever means necessary" includes giving money to the poor, saving the baby, doing the "good" thing, as well as purging the undesired, killing the baby that will turn into the new evillest of evils, and doing the "evil" thing?

Obviously this is your thing, but evil feels somehow more limiting than neutral.

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 5 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

Imperial Dagger: When the "Goods Guys" just can't get the job done Imperial Dagger is ready to serve loyal members of the Empire to the fullest extent of the law without recourse to moral quanderies.

Imperial Dagger: For all your shadowy (but legal) needs.

wink.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Ikwos
post Sep 5 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,075

QUOTE(SiDeards @ Sep 5 2017, 01:19 PM) *
Hi all

Wanting to gauge interest to see if there is any mileage in starting up a Pro Imperial Evil Political guild, with the ethos being around "Getting the job done for the safety of the empire with whatever means necessary" kinda thing.

Kinda members would be Pro Imperial types like Church of Iron and Empire members and other Evil Pro Empire types.

The world shouldn't just be for those who radiate light and goodness smile.gif sometimes you need to murder that far off ruler to ensure safety for the rest of the Empire etc smile.gif

I was just saying...

As a general note, there doesn't seem to be any Evil Social Guilds, is there a reason for this? KOTL seem far to good intetioned for my liking... Has anyone thought about Starting the Guild of Dirty Dooer's?! [/i] ph34r.gif Mwhohaa!

I would be interested in helping out...

Si.

--------------------
Cheers,

Simon.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 5 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Deity

QUOTE(Ikwos @ Sep 5 2017, 01:39 PM) *
I was just saying...

As a general note, there doesn't seem to be any Evil Social Guilds, is there a reason for this? KOTL seem far to good intetioned for my liking... Has anyone thought about Starting the Guild of Dirty Dooer's?! [/i] ph34r.gif Mwhohaa!

Si.

We're just lacking in any decent social guilds to compete with KotL really... (And I don't just mean statwise but that is part of it)

But that's another discussion on the current state of the Guild System tongue.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Blackmoor
post Sep 5 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #6

Levy

Member No.: 6,108

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 5 2017, 01:36 PM) *
Imperial Dagger: When the "Goods Guys" just can't get the job done Imperial Dagger is ready to serve loyal members of the Empire to the fullest extent of the law without recourse to moral quanderies.

Imperial Dagger: For all your shadowy (but legal) needs.

wink.gif

BBB

I like it …

Symbol: Dagger / Death Card / Ace of Spades

“The fate of the Empire is too important to leave it in the hands of some goody-two-shoes … “

The cliché that there is "No honour among evil" is false. Always keep his word of honour and uphold any bargains.
Code of ethics (perhaps twisted ethics by the standards of good). Achieve goals through force, power, and intimidation.
Live to well defined terms, whether anyone else likes it or not. Rewards loyalty punishes treachery with a swift, merciful death.

Some sort of brutal deluxe, get the ugly stuff done crew ...

--------------------
Adam Wenham

+Quote Post
SiDeards
post Sep 5 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 608

Sounds like there could be interest, Social would also work to be fair.

Definitely something that would benefit the current go to o pretty much ending up in KOTL, not that KOTL is bad at all, its a great guild, but it would be nice to have other options for roleplay etc.

--------------------
Thade - Ebony Fire Winter Rogue / Ebony & Jade Wizard
Gast - Mantic Chromatic Immortal Half Elf Wizard
Geist - Iron & Empire Dark Spirit of Glass
Hiro - Definitely not an Assassin
Skarlon - Tryst Noclo Warrior with Spirit innates
Simon - St Michael Paladin

+Quote Post
Ikwos
post Sep 5 2017, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

The cliché that there is "No honour among evil" is false. Always keep his word of honour and uphold any bargains.
Code of ethics (perhaps twisted ethics by the standards of good). Achieve goals through force, power, and intimidation.
Live to well defined terms, whether anyone else likes it or not. Rewards loyalty punishes treachery with a swift, merciful death.

Some sort of brutal deluxe, get the ugly stuff done crew ...
[/quote]

Sounds like you stole the above from the morning mantra Credit Suisse make you perform before before sailing 'The Sea's of High Finance!'

We stole a mediocre result from the Jaws of Victory... and much fun was had by all... the dearth of half decent options for evilly aligned chars could be easilysorted and sorted out quicker if we infiltrated KOTL and performed a 'coup d'etat!'

--------------------
Cheers,

Simon.

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Sep 5 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

Sign me up !

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
Ikwos
post Sep 5 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

QUOTE(SiDeards @ Sep 5 2017, 01:19 PM) *
Hi all

How about the guild name 'Black Op's!'

--------------------
Cheers,

Simon.

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Sep 5 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #11

Hero

Member No.: 98

I have soooo many characters that would fit this idea...

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Sep 5 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

QUOTE(Ikwos @ Sep 5 2017, 01:39 PM) *
I was just saying...

Si.

Maybe consider the Blunt Club as a social guild? We take all types, no goodly style restrictions and have plenty of evil types. Lots of pro imperial types are members - we even have a couple of CC contracts about it (we're by appointment to the Empress) and as the guildhead I'm a proper pro imperial type who uses spirits of all flavours. Plus, we're a drinking club smile.gif

If you're more interested in stats, then 6/2 that stacks with you warrior guild, extra lvl of resistance, free potions, comms, cool toasts and a no verbal stealth aren't bad smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ikwos
post Sep 5 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Sep 5 2017, 05:17 PM) *
I have soooo many characters that would fit this idea...

I bet you have!!! We met one on Sunday! He so enjoyed saying the words on Sunday! smile.gif

--------------------
Cheers,

Simon.

+Quote Post
Ikwos
post Sep 5 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

QUOTE(Martinj @ Sep 5 2017, 05:37 PM) *
Maybe consider the Blunt Club as a social guild? We take all types, no goodly style restrictions and have plenty of evil types. Lots of pro imperial types are members - we even have a couple of CC contracts about it (we're by appointment to the Empress) and as the guildhead I'm a proper pro imperial type who uses spirits of all flavours. Plus, we're a drinking club smile.gif

If you're more interested in stats, then 6/2 that stacks with you warrior guild, extra lvl of resistance, free potions, comms, cool toasts and a no verbal stealth aren't bad smile.gif

Thank you Martin,

Didn't see precisely those benefits when i read the almanac I will look again... :0)

--------------------
Cheers,

Simon.

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Sep 5 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

It's hidden away - gives the tendency Local Lad and the benefits of Herbal Infusion smile.gif

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 5 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #16

Deity

QUOTE(Martinj @ Sep 5 2017, 05:37 PM) *

Oddly it doesn't fit the roleplay for any of my characters, except my noble, who it fits to a tee but can't join because he's a Yeoman tongue.gif

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Sep 5 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 198

I dabble in the club but am kotl for the last far too long as my noble witch. Am open to either next time around, maybe. 🙂

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Blackmoor
post Sep 8 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #18

Levy

QUOTE(SiDeards @ Sep 5 2017, 02:28 PM) *
Sounds like there could be interest, Social would also work to be fair.

Definitely something that would benefit the current go to o pretty much ending up in KOTL, not that KOTL is bad at all, its a great guild, but it would be nice to have other options for roleplay etc.

So how do we start it then?

Could we combine with I+E specials?

Spin up both at the same time?

(Not familiar with guild rules)

--------------------
Adam Wenham

+Quote Post
Blackmoor
post Sep 8 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #19

Levy

QUOTE(Blackmoor @ Sep 8 2017, 12:25 PM) *
So how do we start it then?

Could we combine with I+E specials?

Spin up both at the same time?

(Not familiar with guild rules)

Answering my own questions ... slow day biggrin.gif

Apparently only 6 people required on special to form a new guild.

With 12+ at the next I+E hoopla we could technically support both advancement of Church guild and creation of new Political guild !?!

Is this plausible? Can you double dip in such a flagrant manner?

Be rude not too if possible ... Imperial Daggers eh? ph34r.gif

--------------------
Adam Wenham

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Sep 8 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #20

Hero

Member No.: 98

If you doubled up you would not get anywhere near as much, deminishing returns and all that jive.

If you want to start the guild up in the new year, I would be happy to write a short story arc to cover a few dungeons to get it all empowered and up and running.

T.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins