IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Enclave Chairs - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enclave Chairs, Application for the positions of Chairs of Magic
DanM
post Nov 26 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Post Police

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Hello Minions!

As you may have heard, I've been appointed Head Chair of the Enclave by a gathering of Wizards

Therefore, I would like to thank you all in this and open up the positions of the Elemental Chairs

I will also be creating some more seats, for the Drakes that are not already represented, because that was just mean

So if you'd like to be considered for one, then send me a cake message and you'll be considered

The Keeper of the Tales
Head Chair of the Enclave

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LeeS
post Nov 26 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 159

Keeper,

I had a long standing agreement with Layneder the grey about the Black Chair, vacated by my Master Machir the Black, and then taken over by Soth, that should this be vacant once more I would sit upon it, during my time as Administrator for this organisation I have dealt with day today activities required for the position, but since I have the ear of the Drakon Vacouus nowadays, she is keen to see me control this chairs actions.

Ginzu Panama

--------------------
Lee

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 26 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Post Police

No questions aked Mr Panama

Its yours already

TKotT

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mart07
post Nov 26 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 57

I'd like the Silver chair - it'd be a great "Is your dinner guest a Werewof" test - I already have a "is your neighbour a Silver folk one" , should anyone need it. Could be handy if they are still going around taking control of peons minds and "living" through them - swines!

Quimper Moonstone

--------------------
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat he immediately begins to create havoc.

+Quote Post
post Nov 26 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

I'm not quite sure why people are taking this seriously -

It seems to me as though this The Keeper of the Tales is merely attempting a bit of a fast one -

eg
I'm now the guild leader - and to firm up my assumed position I'll offer out positions of power in order to gain acceptance by consenus.

We should remember that since the guild seeks favour within the empire, and this individual is a reported trouble maker, whose own ineptitude has caused the death of fellow mercenaries- that we should pay close attention to the guilds own rules and restrictions.

And also worth pointing out that the whole council and chairs thing was disbanded long ago, as was the power of magical death.

fondest regards

mallory

+Quote Post
post Nov 26 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #6

Group:

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Nov 26 2007, 06:38 PM) *
So I challenge his position

mallory

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 26 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #7

Post Police

Weeeell Mr Mallory

If you look, it wasn't me that reported it, it was Lucius D'treal

And I'm sure all of the wizards present at the Arcaanum halls on Sunsday will testify to the common consensus that was reached

Some of the finest wizards currently roaming the mercenary caste voted me as The New Guild Leader, including Kaldon and Anath Halfblack. Could you take this up with Lucius?, thank you Mallory

The Keeper of the Tales

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Nov 26 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 41

MaGiCAL deaTH!!!!!

with FiRE!!!!

it iS ME!

bOBo

+Quote Post
post Nov 26 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Group:

A bunch of Wizards in the Arcarnum have no right to appoint anyone guild leader of the Enclave -

You want a guild leader then have a meeting of the Enclave and appoint one - not a bunch of book wizards...

I don't want to be leader but I certainly don't want a scrot, a reported murderer in charge, goes against the whole ethos of the guild, and I'm surprised that someone like you is even allowed near the Arcarnum.

mallory

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 26 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #10

Post Police

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Nov 26 2007, 08:28 PM) *
A bunch of Wizards in the Arcarnum have no right to appoint anyone guild leader of the Enclave -

Probably right, but these wizards were also members of the Enclave

They REALLY did appoint me leader of the Arcaanum and Enclave, but you might be right about The Enclave

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Nov 26 2007, 08:28 PM) *
I don't want to be leader but I certainly don't want a scrot, a reported murderer in charge, goes against the whole ethos of the guild, and I'm surprised that someone like you is even allowed near the Arcarnum.

Thats really quite rude, I'm not a murderer, I made a mistake - once, thats all... I've got loads of friends and they will all tell you how nice I am, and my cakes

The Keeper of the Tales

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 27 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #11

GSM

Member No.: 54

Actually the vote occured the morning after the Wizards ball. Now to be honest it was a very fair process, as I'm sure Anath can attest to.
I believe the Keeper will be an excellent, and I'm also sure that he can provide you with assurance about his skills, and put any fears you have to rest.

Perhaps you could arrange to meet him for afternoon tea or such? I'm sure he can provide tea and very delicious cakes.

Lucius

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 27 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #12

Deity

Member No.: 25

Personally I felt the resolution of the Leadership of the Arcaarnum and Enclave at the same time to be an elegant solutoin.

If any really wish to contest the matter I suggest that we call a gathering of the Enclave. I imagine that all those present at the Arcaarnum gathering will again be present at the Enclave one and we can resolve that little issue.

Perhaps examining another ancient ritual chamber would be rather useful, the last proved reasonably profitable for all concerned I believe and the the Scholar pursuits are not cheap.

A. Halfblack
Mage of Shadow and Twilight

OOC: We could grab Mr House for a follow up dungeon, he did offer.

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
LeeS
post Nov 27 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Anath,

That would be most fair, I can spare some time, and will make myself present for any voting process.
I look forward to meeting my fellow wizards.

Ginzu Panama

--------------------
Lee

+Quote Post
LeeS
post Nov 27 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Anath,

That would be most fair, I can spare some time, and will make myself present for any voting process.
I look forward to meeting my fellow wizards.

Ginzu Panama

--------------------
Lee

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 27 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #15

Post Police

So, tea and cakes then?

TKotT

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mart07
post Nov 29 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 57

So, can I have the Silver Chair then? Am very keen to promote the fact that he is the first of the Drakes to attain Dragonhood!

Thanks,

Quimper

--------------------
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat he immediately begins to create havoc.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 29 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #17

Post Police

QUOTE(Mart07 @ Nov 29 2007, 02:33 PM) *
So, can I have the Silver Chair then? Am very keen to promote the fact that he is the first of the Drakes to attain Dragonhood!

Quimper,

Have a note sent to my new office, they have been several candidates put themselves forward for the Silver chair.

The Keeper of the Tales

--------------------

+Quote Post
MattHowells
post Dec 3 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #18

Militiaman

Member No.: 201

Keeper,

Congratulations on your appointment, assuming it is ratified by the Volksraad in due course.

As a former Head Chair, allow me to offer you some advice. Firstly, if I were you, I would avoid using the term 'Minions' to address your colleagues. Some of the Enclave members may well be your minions, but I can assure you I for one am not.

Secondly, it is tradition within the Enclave to appoint chairs only at a gathering, in person. This allows us all to argue over the merits of the applicants and enjoy the spectacle of any wizardly duels which may ensue. It also demonstrates the willingness of the applicants to attend gatherings in support of the guild.

In any case, I would be happy for my esteemed colleague Ginzu to take the Black chair, since you are creating chairs for the new colours. I always thought I would suit a Bronze chair much better, as I would be willing to demonstrate in person.

Regards,

Soth

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Dec 3 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #19

Post Police

QUOTE(MattHowells @ Dec 3 2007, 10:28 AM) *
Keeper,

Congratulations on your appointment, assuming it is ratified by the Volksraad in due course.

Secondly, it is tradition within the Enclave to appoint chairs only at a gathering, in person. This allows us all to argue over the merits of the applicants and enjoy the spectacle of any wizardly duels which may ensue. It also demonstrates the willingness of the applicants to attend gatherings in support of the guild.

In any case, I would be happy for my esteemed colleague Ginzu to take the Black chair, since you are creating chairs for the new colours. I always thought I would suit a Bronze chair much better, as I would be willing to demonstrate in person.

Regards,

Soth

Soth... hmmm... Soth

Not a name I remember, let me flick through the stories...
Oh, er, ew... ok

Mr Soth, I understand what you're saying and I'll let you have Bronze chair... yes, no trouble

I'm only gathering applicants at the moment, I've made no formal announcements on chairs, I think, only Arcaanum Professors.

The Keeper of the Tales

--------------------

+Quote Post
nadriel
post Apr 24 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 160

I would be interested in attending the next gathering.

And, depending on who else is interested, applying for the Blue chair.

Nadriel
Stadtus of Bildteve

--------------------
Mike Horton - Plays Harley, Nadriel, Shinsei, Woodborn, Mr Black, Zath, Selgard, Chun and Daitaku

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:49 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins