IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Extended Lengths 2015 - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Extended Lengths 2015, Announcment
duncanmatthias
post Jan 29 2015, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Words from Below
Goodly themed Max 1500 - 4-day
Ref: Carlo
Co-ref: Richard Craig
Mother: Rich Fromant
Player Numbers: Max 16
Monster Numbers: Max 7
Site – Consall Scout Camp (exclusive use) (Staffordshire)
Thursday 23rd April – Sunday 26th April
Cost: £500 Deposit: £150 Max usable credits: 50
Max Points:990 (80ISP/person)
Monster Rewards. 108 credits and 500 MP’s.
Final Payment date : 23rd March

Bonuses: A Discount of £50 is available for anyone who has booked and paid their deposit by the 1st March.
A 1-10 credit to MP’s is available for crew choosing not to take credits for this event.
There is a bonus of 400 monster points for anyone who has booked to crew this event by the 8th March.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

So, I will be reffing a max 1500 event this year at one of my favourite sites, Consall. It is a lovely site, with 3 fully useable buildings, lots of different terrain, huts, showers, a hidden away tuck shop and all sorts of surprises. You will wake up each day not knowing where you will be spending the night...
I am aiming for a goodly event. High heroism and fantasy, with some dark tones. I'm hoping for total immersion, you wont be safe when you sleep. You wont be safe while you eat. You wont be safe when it's dark...
I want people to be involved in the event. Not just spectating. I would like people to play characters who would care, and without intelligence restrictions. I would like to avoid too much comedy - but that doesn't mean it won't be fun. We all know how I love my arts and crafts days... (but no fey carnivals, promise). I also love props and intend to have the event propped out well.
Regarding logistics, if you're a few points over or under, don't worry. I want as many people to enjoy the event as possible. If you have any worries or concerns which may put you off playing - tell me. I might be flexible. If you are a few points under or over, we'll work with it. Don't sit back in silence when we might be able to come to an arrangement whereby you can play this event.
I promise danger, fun, interesting plot and items with flavour, and a good time all round. That goes to my crew too. Crew spaces are limited as are player ones, so get in quickly - if you want to crew let me know so I can add you to the list as I have already potentially filled up 75% of my crew spaces.
So, get that weekend set aside in your diary, and book on one way or another.

All Rivers Lead to Halgar
Max 750 Myths
Ref: Lee Dale
Co-ref: Jasper
Mother:
Site – Hebbdon Hay scout camp (exclusive use both houses, camp sites and day centres) (west Yorkshire)
Saturday 8th August – Saturday 15th August
Cost: £870 Deposit: £225 Max usable credits: 100
Max Points:1980 (120ISP/person)
Monster Rewards. 216 credits and 1000 MP’s.
Final Payment date : 8th July

Bonuses: A Discount of £100 is available for anyone who has booked and paid their deposit by the 1st March
A 1-10 credit to MP’s is available for crew choosing not to take credits for this event.
There is a bonus of 700 monster points for anyone who has booked to crew this event by the 8th March.

The children were in the field playing, while their parents were in the tavern. The laughter filled the air, and the cold breeze blew through the trees. The river began to swell, and the Ice on it cracked. Then, suddenly, the water began to rise over the banks and through the rush that grew along the banks. The laughter turned to screams as the water began to flood across the fields.
The people in the tavern began to run towards the field, but the water surged unnaturally across the field. The children ran, but as they did one tripped. As the parents ran to rescue them the water wrapped around the child, almost like tendrils, and began to drag him back to the river. As quickly as it had risen the water began to subside and suddenly it was gone along with the child. And the laughter had turned to tears.

Since it will be ask the idea for the myths is for the party to be the heroes, the good guys. This isn’t to say you can’t be evil, but ideally characters should be party constructive and up for “doing the dungeon” rather than making it through the day alive. There will be very few actual lead ups, most likely one. However there is likely to be a couple more “lead ups” that aren’t connected plot wise to the myths, but will give a chance for the party to play a bit together.

Return to Serke Kemi
Max 15K - 9 day myths
Ref: Will Power
Co-ref: Grant Wills
Mother:
Monster Numbers: Max 7 (it is intended that most people will not monster the entire event)
Site – YHA Pinkery Bunkhouse (Exmore)
Friday 14th August – Saturday 22nd August
Cost: £875 Deposit: £250 Max usable credits: 135
Max Points:2640 (180ISP/person)
Monster Rewards. 32 credits and 150 MP’s per Full day. A bonus of 500 MP’s is available for anyone monstering the entire event.
Final Payment date : 14th July

Bonuses: A Discount of £100 is available for anyone who has booked and paid their deposit by the 1st March.
There is a bonus of 900 monster points for anyone who has booked to crew this event by the 8th March.

Ten years have passed since the defeat of Tridian, the three faced God, in the world of Serke Kemi, roughly translated as Blood Lands. The ruler of this small plane has extended the hand of friendship to the Mercenaries of Primus who were instrumental in securing a future for his people. He has invited them all for a celebration of the peace that has reigned this past decade, a grand affair of spectacular proportions, mid Orgus of IM1015 (it being the year 175 in Serke Kemi).

However, before this can occur, with the increasing instability of Primus, the Mercenaries must establish a safe means of travel, which may or may not prove challenging. The gifts awaiting those who do attend however are said to be magnificent beyond the wildest of dreams. Power, insight, strength... everything a Mercenary desires.

What will await you in.... the Return to Serke Kemi?

The Weapon to End a War
Max 1500 - 4 day (Closed: organiser – Sarah Williams)
Ref: Sam Mottram
Co-ref:
Mother:
Site – YHA Pinkery Bunkhouse (Exmore)
Saturday 22nd August – Tuesday 25th August
Cost: £440 Deposit: £150 Max usable credits: 50
Max Points:990 (80ISP/person)
Monster Rewards. 108 credits and 500 MP’s.
Final Payment date : 22nd July

Bonuses: A Discount of £50 is available for anyone who has booked and paid their deposit by the 1st March.
There is a bonus of 400 monster points for anyone who has booked to crew this event by the 8th March.

With the plague of the Grist spreading across the planes a solutions needs to be found to destroy them across all the planes in at one time. This will involve investigation into the origins into where the Grist came from and how to destroy them.

Booking Process
Booking forms will be available at the desk from this weekend; they will also be available in the download section within the next 24 hours.
A completed booking form and minimum deposit payment is required to make the booking, (in the case of crew just a completed booking form). These can be handed in at the caves or scanned and sent to the usual booking e-mail address.
Credits cannot be used for deposit.
Payments can be made, via cash or debit card at the caves. BACS payment to the Labyrinthe account, or by card over telephone.
There will be a surcharge of 3% should anyone wish to use a credit card.

Monster Transport.
This year there will be transportation laid on for monsters that require it, to go to and from the extended length. This will be via a mini-bus leaving our caves site before the event, and returning afterwards. Times of departure will be announced closer the time. Transportation will need to be booked in advance and you should indicate if you would like to use it on your booking form. (be warned it is likely to be an early start).

Closer to each of the events it is possible that spaces within the minibus will be available to people going to the event other than monsters, these spaces will be charged at £50 and will be on a first come first served basis.

This minibus is the only form of transportation that Labyrinthe will be paying for, in a change to recent years when there has been a transport budget.

Food Budget.
I have based food budgets this year, on my experience of catering a myths and a 4-day last year. I believe them to be good budgets, which should allow for both quantity and quality in the meals provided this year. They are as far as I am aware higher than previously used in terms of extended lengths. As is usual they are intended to provide main meals, and not snacks, sweets, chocolate or drinks for players or crew.

Prop Budget.
All extended lengths this year will have a prop budget; this will come in two parts, a re-usable amount for which it is expected that the props will be put into the 2nd armoury after the event, and a stand-alone sum for things such as candles and other expendable props.

Regards

Duncan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Jan 29 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,327

Great stuff - pre-empting a FAQ - could we have the postcodes for the sites as I am unfamiliar with some

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jan 29 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Hero

QUOTE(gormaden @ Jan 29 2015, 09:59 AM) *
Great stuff - pre-empting a FAQ - could we have the postcodes for the sites as I am unfamiliar with some

Google is your friend, actual names of sites provided so people can have a look at some of these new and exciting sites.

Postcodes will be provided closer the time with other relevant details.

Rgds

Duncan

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 29 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

Google is your friend:

Consall ST10 2PS

Hebden Hay HX7 7EP

Pinkery Bunkhouse TA24 7LL

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

Shame about the price and dates but these things dont always work out for everyone.

I like the look of the monster rewards though, possible 4kish monster points for myths, winner.

If I happen to stumble on to the money in a field somewhere though that would be sweet, seems unlikely.

Jc

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Jan 29 2015, 10:43 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(Gordon @ Jan 29 2015, 10:11 AM) *
Google is your friend:

Aye. Had a mare finding Hebbdon Hay /Hebdenhey biggrin.gif
thanks all. On a personal note - gutted -all 3 in August overlap with my family holiday and April I cant take off as someone at works already nabbed it.
NVM

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
Flanners
post Jan 29 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 74

Thanks guys.

The points/monster points rewards look great

Steve

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 29 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 574

Begged my boss to clear the day that clashes for myths with him (all the other dates regrettably clash with others holiday) so I will doing a booking form to play or monster at the weekend (4000mps is hard to turn down!)

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jan 29 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #9

Hero

To try and defend the costings a little, let's take a slightly deeper look. For the example we shall compare myths for this year and last year.

Assuming the deposit is paid before the 1st of March (which in most cases should include 2 months of pay cheques from work) it has come out £75 more expensive than last year I grant you however.

Prop budget up 100%
Ref pay and mother pay up 100%
Actually includes payment for 2 refs (prices last year were calculated for 1 ref per extended length not doing that again following a ref breaking a leg 10 days before the event)
Food budget an increase of 50% (based on myths last year who's budget I blew out of the water as an experiment for what I believe was correct quantity and quality, I hope anyone involved would agree)
Monster pay/incentive - massive improvement on last year
Travel budget tripled but a system I believe will work, and offers a proper solution to the problems faced from last year
Site, a massive improvement on 2 fields and a big hill, it's vast.

Taking all that into account I believe the increase is well justified for the event. Given all the information above I believe the price to be a fair price given today's market prices and increased costs.

Rgds

Duncan

+Quote Post
SamR
post Jan 29 2015, 11:10 AM
Post #10

Heldsman

Member No.: 92

Monster rewards look great this year - definite incentive!

New sites and old sites being reused is good - I for one was getting jaded with Perth y pia...

Cost has gone up but if quality (monster numbers/food/propping) goes up then fair play.

S

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Group:
Member No.: 0

Lots of changes for the better.

More food budget = always a good thing if done right. I wasnt on your event last year Duncs, but I have olny heard good things!
Monster pay = awesome
Prop budget increase = good if actually used properly not just lots of paper work, Lee Dale!
Ref and monther pay increase = good
Having 2 refs getting paid = great - but cant we just ban refs from doing anything dangerous like 2 months before myths wink.gif
Change of site = massively awesome, i love going to new places!
Min bus = I love this idea. I really enjoy being able to froth with people after the event and being in the mini bus on the way back should be fun.

Increase on price for events = Firstly i will probably always complain about this. However with Duncans points and the fact that I agree with them all (curse you Duncs!) Seems fair to me. I cant afford them with this years pay check but maybe i will be able to next year.

Jc

+Quote Post
Naga
post Jan 29 2015, 11:26 AM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 29 2015, 11:23 AM) *
Having 2 refs getting paid = great - but cant we just ban refs from doing anything dangerous like 2 months before myths wink.gif

Jc

I was Pushed! ......

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jan 29 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 48

I think this looks great, and I can confirm that Duncan's food budget (+ Duncan's food prep skills) made for a great Myths last year.

If only I had enough control over my holiday to actually play one this year....ah well. smile.gif

Matt

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 29 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #14

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Gods damnit. If I was fit and able I'd be all over these like white on rice sad.gif

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 29 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #15

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(Nibs @ Jan 29 2015, 12:14 PM) *
Gods damnit. If I was fit and able I'd be all over these like white on rice sad.gif

Nilbog's alive!

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Will
post Jan 29 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 158

As I said elsewhere, I've spent a lot of time, as have others, chatting with Duncan about costings over the past months (no, year now isn't it...) and I am confident that these are fair prices.

I also think it's really good that they are being transparent about it. I have always said that people don't mind paying so long as they know what they are paying for, and can see that it's good value! Which this is...

Trust me, I'm a LARPer

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jan 29 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #17

Hero

The finances of labyrinthe are broadly an open book, and I a. Always happy to chat about them with anyone (within reason)

This includes extended length budgets and prices

Rgds

Duncan

+Quote Post
TheOG
post Jan 29 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 964

Wicked- looking forward to August.

Regards

Mark

--------------------
Mark V, Aka OG.

Making Middle-age look easy since 2003
Bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me..

don’t chaaaa!

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 29 2015, 04:22 PM
Post #19

Legend

Member No.: 190

Very good value for what you get.

C

+Quote Post
Archevol
post Jan 30 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,279

Great effort peeps - and seconding (thirding??) comments on transparency. The caves should not be making a loss on these events, so should be costed appropriately.

Would love to book on one - particularly somewhere I haven't tried, venue-wise. Will have a ponder and see if one fits. 8)

--------------------
Currently playing:
Archevol - Baronial Hermit Priest - 1,200pts
Corvidius - Goodly Human Pure Priest - 500 pts
Hansel - Ivory Drave Cavalier - 100pts (turning front-line warriors into pin-ups once more)
Tally Badgloom - Neutral Goblin potion vendor - 2,200 pts (kittens wouldn't melt in his mouth)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins