IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Sunday 8th Overland - Non Standards - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunday 8th Overland - Non Standards
Githrel
post Jul 5 2018, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,701

This is for the Buckmore Overland.

Geomancy – Grey-Brown Mana/Earthpower

Geothurgy – All Colour, types of Magic/Earthpower/Spirit (All Alignments) – Does what it needs but is not bane.

Deconstruction – 12pt EP physical touch effect. Not Flesh & Blood. Innate PAC will apply if you have fortitude or similar. Resistance to destruction applies. (Geomantic version may exist)

Greater Deconstruction 24pt EP physical touch effect. Not Flesh & Blood. Innate PAC will apply if you have fortitude or similar. Resistance to destruction applies. (Geomantic version may exist)

Thunder Strike – As Call lightning but 20ft radius + Stasis 9 levels and deafness 5 min.

Life blast: When struck, character take the same damage to every other location as a blast effect equal to damage taken to the location struck. Immune to blast effects applies. E.g. If you took 4 pts from a quad, you also take 4 pts (no tblp) to every other location (Called as Damage + Life Blast).

Web – As Bind but physical – 20ft range. If you strike it with a weapon the weapon gets stuck for 5 sec and doesn’t affect the bind. If you burn the webs take a non-magical fire-based shock to each foot or part of the body webbed.

More may be added.

Cheers,

Jamie

--------------------
Jamie M.

Jester - Sidhe Skirmisher
Grael - Barbarian Bodyguard
Traylorn - Whitefire Warrior/Paladin/Warlock
Sidney - 1/2 Kobold Sneaky Type
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Jul 5 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

When you say Grey-Brown Mana/Earthpower does the earthpower bit just mean it's physical?

What is a resistance to destruction?

Cheers,
Mark

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 5 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(MarkD @ Jul 5 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Cheers,
Mark

Its a random Published Immunity on the Tables (possibly a Priest one, I can't remember off the top of my head)

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Githrel
post Jul 5 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Peon

Member No.: 5,701

When you say Grey-Brown Mana/Earthpower does the earthpower bit just mean it's physical?

Cheers,
Mark

Earthpower is physical - I mention it just in case characters have resistance to Earthpower specifically.

Resistance to Destruction is on tables, it fits with my idea of how Deconstruction works.

--------------------
Jamie M.

Jester - Sidhe Skirmisher
Grael - Barbarian Bodyguard
Traylorn - Whitefire Warrior/Paladin/Warlock
Sidney - 1/2 Kobold Sneaky Type

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 5 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

Cheers,
Mark

But these are for the buckmore Park overlands not the 2 day anyway smile.gif

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Jul 6 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

QUOTE(Netheril @ Jul 5 2018, 07:32 PM) *
But these are for the buckmore Park overlands not the 2 day anyway smile.gif

Was aware, just checking since it's always worth learning new resistances. What does resistance to destruction apply against standardly? I'm away at the moment so don't have the books to hand, otherwise would check myself.

Mark

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 6 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(MarkD @ Jul 6 2018, 06:50 PM) *
Was aware, just checking since it's always worth learning new resistances. What does resistance to destruction apply against standardly? I'm away at the moment so don't have the books to hand, otherwise would check myself.

Mark

Nothing.

Back in the distant past a bunch of Immunities and Resistances to effects that did not exist was added to the Post 8th Tables.

I believe that the original rationale for this was to allow Refs to set interesting Non-Standards that Act of Faith did not give you immunity (although I don't know how correct that is).

Over the years abilities have been published for most of these Immunities but there are probably still one or two left without published abilities, "Destruction" being one of them.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:00 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins