IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
"Spirit only" resistances / immunities - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "Spirit only" resistances / immunities
dhurrell
post Dec 8 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,966

Has anyone had any luck with reduced points cost resistances and immunities for beig Spirit only? I see spirit less resistances are published, and with the advent of a published spirit only MR this seemed the next logical step.

How did you go about it - listing particular ones with a cost per line? Batching"may purchase resistance X, Y, Z" at 2/3 cost vs spirit only?

Thanks for any thoughts
Dave "trying not to spend 200pts on imm to freeze and paralysis" H
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Ryan
post Dec 8 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Dec 8 2016, 01:36 PM) *

These are effectively spiritual effects rarely do they come up as magical so the reality is no reduction - I applied for cheaper 1/2fx fire because spiritual fire doesn't exist and was told no the Spirit only races don't account for cheaper resistances...

The one thing you will get is 1/2 FX Mantics from a Magic Source 100 / 150 pts

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Dec 8 2016, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Boo hiss.

Ok thanks for the input Ryan. I thought freeze as white mana spell was a high likelihood. Was worh asking! Do you know if the half effect magic based mantics includes resistance levels, or is it just damage?

Dave H

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 8 2016, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Dec 8 2016, 02:19 PM) *
Ok thanks for the input Ryan. I thought freeze as white mana spell was a high likelihood. Was worh asking! Do you know if the half effect magic based mantics includes resistance levels, or is it just damage?

Just damage but it is an incredibly potent catch all immunity from my own experience of using it so don't let that put you off..

Applies to Mantic Sabre's / Swords of Power / Fire Blades as well as the damaging spell's themselves.

Also when a mantic is non standard ask the Referee if it would apply - it has to be Magic or Spirit so 50% chance it will work... smile.gif

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Dec 8 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Grand smile.gif
So I guess that means I still need, for example, to pay full cost for resistance to black mana to counter instant death magic based 'mantics like Anath's annihilation.

+Quote Post
cripple
post Dec 8 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 686

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Dec 8 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Grand smile.gif
So I guess that means I still need, for example, to pay full cost for resistance to black mana to counter instant death magic based 'mantics like Anath's annihilation.

just buy immune to involuntary shape shifting instead... it also protects you from alot of the onyx spells as well now. (if they were to be cast mantically that is)

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 8 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #7

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Dec 8 2016, 01:36 PM) *
Has anyone had any luck with reduced points cost resistances and immunities for beig Spirit only? I see spirit less resistances are published, and with the advent of a published spirit only MR this seemed the next logical step.

How did you go about it - listing particular ones with a cost per line? Batching"may purchase resistance X, Y, Z" at 2/3 cost vs spirit only?

Thanks for any thoughts

Yes,

Lee relatively recently passed me Draconic Resistances from Immunity to Magical Damage so I could buy the 1/2 Effect Colours of magic at a little bit of a discount.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 8 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Deity

QUOTE(Ryan @ Dec 8 2016, 01:56 PM) *
These are effectively spiritual effects rarely do they come up as magical so the reality is no reduction - I applied for cheaper 1/2fx fire because spiritual fire doesn't exist and was told no the Spirit only races don't account for cheaper resistances...

The one thing you will get is 1/2 FX Mantics from a Magic Source 100 / 150 pts

Funnily enough I was contemplating applying for that earlier today.

BBBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Dec 8 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

QUOTE(BBB @ Dec 8 2016, 06:43 PM) *
Funnily enough I was contemplating applying for that earlier today.

BBBB

Quadruple B?
More Bs come with age - what have we added? brilliance? wink.gif

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 8 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #10

Deity

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Dec 8 2016, 07:06 PM) *
Quadruple B?
More Bs come with age - what have we added? brilliance? wink.gif

The Brilliant was always there wink.gif

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Dec 9 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #11

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Ryan @ Dec 8 2016, 02:41 PM) *
Just damage but it is an incredibly potent catch all immunity from my own experience of using it so don't let that put you off..

Applies to Mantic Sabre's / Swords of Power / Fire Blades as well as the damaging spell's themselves.

Also when a mantic is non standard ask the Referee if it would apply - it has to be Magic or Spirit so 50% chance it will work... smile.gif

I had an upgrade for the Spiritual one that gives resistance levels etc - it was +100pts. Worth it once you have 2-3 resistances

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:23 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins