> Covid Update 16.10.2020, Latest news
duncanmatthias
post Oct 16 2020, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Good Evening,

Firstly, it is with heavy heart that we have closed the Caves again from this evening, but unfortunately all London boroughs being moved to tier 2 (high), we are left with little choice. 2020 has unfortunately been a horrific year for the club, its one saving grace, I am ever grateful we managed to open up long enough to run four great extended lengths. The escapism of which i think helped a lot of people forget the Covid situation for a few precious days. I am grateful to those who have taken the time to e-mail and call with classic points app blag style ideas for staying open, but unfortunately we are left with little choice but to close at this time.

As some people will be aware for the last few weeks since changing to 6 man parties, the club has been running at a loss, not a huge one, but it has all taken its toll on the bank account none the less. Being placed into tier 2 is probably the worst possible case for us. We are not forced to close just the nature of our club means we cannot operate. As a result we will be unable to claim any government help for our not insignificant overheads. At this point we have little option but to fall to the mercy of club members to financially help the club at this time. Whilst I’d love to think London will bounce out of tier 2 in a few weeks, I am unfortunately confident that fairy tale will not come true. To that end and whilst I know everyone has already dug deep to get the club this far, I must ask again.

In true Labyrinthe fashion though we have come up with a new status for club members looking to help out. In honour of the latest Government rules, this will be a tier based system.

Tier 1: Medium – A one of payment of £50 to the club, 165 character points for a character of your choice and 1 raffle ticket.
Tier 2: High – A direct debit to support the club, £50 per month, (Starting as early as October)
For each month you donate you will gain 165 character points for a character of your choice. A make slot for the month, 2 Tombola, 1 Raffle Ticket.
Tier 3: Very High - A direct debit to support the club, £50 per week, (Starting as early as next week)
For each week you donate you will gain 165 character points for a character of your choice. A make slot for the week, 2 Tombola, 1 Raffle Ticket.

Make Slot details
Yep its just that, an opportunity to do a make at the new virtual desk, Being headed up by Mr. Power via discord/skype/zoom depending on final details and roll 20. The virtual desk will be open each Saturday we are closed, and hope it will not only be an opportunity to keep people engaged with the club, it may generate a bit of forum chat to keep people entertained, and also some Saturday morning chats, Will I am sure will follow up with some more details once he has them.

Tombola details,
Just what you’d expect really I’ll randomly draw out a couple of envelops from the tombola I made this week to encourage monsters, and once a month post it out to people. Again, with the intention of maybe encouraging a bit of forum chat.

Raffle ticket details.
I will give people raffle ticket numbers, and on re-opening draw the raffle, a couple of people have offered prizes already, as I have more ill do a list and keep updating it. If you want to donate something drop me an e-mail at the usual address.

Obviously once Lee and I have a chance to plan, we will come up with other bits and pieces to try an engage people through this tough time, and will update as we have things. I know that there are a bunch of Whatsapp chats out there, but remember as a club we are a great community, and one that is supportive, and at times as been described as a family, if people want to move some chat to the forums to get the most amount of the club involved I would encourage it. Until we are smashing each other with latex swords again, stay safe, and stay well.

Lastly any payments or direct debits should be to the account ending 8460

Take care

Duncan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

By way of a quick update to this.

Thank you to the kind and generous people who have already set up standing orders for weekly/monthly and send e-mails to tell me. I’ll be honest I am basically ignoring my inbox this week as I am doing some structural work in the caves, which means long horrible days. I’ll try and catch up and get reply’s out over the weekend.

On a related subject a couple have people have asked can I just send you a BACs payment for 4 weeks up front. Yes this is absolutely fine just make sure you send me an e-mail and tell me about it.

Thanks

Duncan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 11:53 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins