Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magistrate Positions for IM1018
SiDeards
post Jan 10 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #41

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 608

Clearly then you know nothing of our work, maybe you should look into our history.

We don't preach our deeds to all that would listen, or force them on the ears of others.

But do not be mistaken, we have done many a service to keep the citizens of the empire free of "monsters", for whom better to catch a monster than a monster huh?!

Tobias, as a follower of Dead Heroes, I suggest you look amongst your Pantheon, you may well find some of our number amongst them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #42

Hero

Member No.: 87

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 10 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #43

Hero

Member No.: 242

If you search through enough pig stys, you'll eventually find a gold coin.

Tobias.

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jan 10 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #44

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Jan 10 2018, 05:37 PM) *
Oh no, its not about your morality. Its specifically your church and the mockery of the Empire and Empress by its existence. Im an acolyte of Dead Heroes and have a begruding respect for Churches like The Tryst for their work in limiting the harm that monsters do to Primus. You lot though? You try to honour a kind-hearted champion of light by cruel deeds and then pat yourself on the back telling yourself your actions are needed. Wash off your eyeliner and realise that you're an insult to the legacy of Primus' greatest heroes.

Tobias

Tobias

Finish insulting me and my Church.

You clearly do not read about the history of the Empire or just choose to ignore it.

Lord Ashgaroth

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 10 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #45

Hero

Member No.: 242

Right ho, to finish up then:

Your church are power grabbing and manipulative. You revel in the chance of using legal respite to hurt people because its socially acceptable to do so and if you get to say you helped people along the way all the better.

You think you have burdens, but you dont know the meaning. You think that sacrificing yourselves to darkness is somehow a great offering that you had to make in order to achieve things but in reality you are just scared people who didnt have the courage or ability to succeed without giving up your humanity in the process.

You desperately want to be portrayed as martyrs, but no one will remember you 5 years after you pass so you just have to bind yourself, clawingly, to this world, repeatedly and desperately trying to force your relevance.

Your titles are laughable. I know for a fact you used to go by a far more, shall we say, "Final" name, so dont try to lecture me on history, I can assure you I remember the good old days when you werent pretending to be something more than a childs drawing with jagged charcoal on a torn scrap of paper. Also, I assume its your fault that you have a section of your church called "The Priests of Bones"? I mean, come on now...

You're small. You're boring. Your religion is a hodgepodge built on non-beliefs and excuses.

And worst of all the stained glass on your pillar of the Triumpharant is drab and uninspiring.

Alright. I've finished.

Tobias.

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 10 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #46

Legend

Member No.: 52

Pssst you forgot *drops the speaking spoon*

Zaton.

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #47

Hero

For one reason or another people dislike other faiths and this man seems to be one of them but hay ho that’s life.

Oh oh I know his name as well but who has not heard of names of the very old and go oh that’s a bit silly but who cares.

This is turning into a bitching match or cat fight.

I think a lot of people have serious issues who have spoken here including myself but this is now getting way off topic.

Flock

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 10 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #48

Militiaman

Member No.: 388

Rangar, "Not a problem but it does show that even those in control of the law are willing to allow personal prejudice to interfere with the application of the law."

And yet this all started because you yourself have personal prejudice against those of dark heart...

Agent Tarkin
Imperial Seers

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (1700pts Border Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
jj420
post Jan 10 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #49

Levy

Member No.: 4,677

Now all the crying has stoped.....

I'm interested in training so that one day I could become a magistrate. Is this a possible thing?

Roberto flashblade.
Knight of the land.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #50

Heldsman

Member No.: 3,369

QUOTE(SiDeards @ Jan 10 2018, 04:02 PM) *
Im a nobody, but who is this Ragnar guy? seems to have a high opinion of himself....

Surely not the type of person we should have in a position of power, would almost guess hes the type to think what he can personally gain before putting the interests of the empire first...

oh dear....

Leon
Shadowed Hand of the Empire
28th Imperial Legionnaire
Iron and Empire

Leon,

I am a nobody in the ways that most perceive to be of significance. I hold no rank in any city, or any imperial positions, I am not a leader of any church nor have I ever been appointed as such.

What do I personally have to gain by being an agent of the law? It's not like I asked to replace Luis is it. I offered my services as a journeyman magistrate, the lowest rank of the law!

I offered my services as redeemer of souls that want it and whilst it has been turned down publically it remains there for those that wish it privately.

There is no personal gain here other than seeing that justice prevails and the law is upheld.

The vehemence being shown at these offers is what should be worrying to the mercenary community and the populace of the empire.

Rangar

--------------------
Richard Eden (Real Life Human)
Rangar
Aythor the Master Mulcher
Shadow
Dolo Tenebras Dolo
Braxxus
General Arkus
Baltar
Warf
Twitch
Strike

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #51

Heldsman

QUOTE(Nibs @ Jan 10 2018, 07:42 PM) *
Rangar, "Not a problem but it does show that even those in control of the law are willing to allow personal prejudice to interfere with the application of the law."

And yet this all started because you yourself have personal prejudice against those of dark heart...

Agent Tarkin
Imperial Seers

Agent Tarkin,

I offered to apply the law justly regardless of my dislike of those with a dark heart.

I expect the law to be just at all times.

The treatment of those who have broken the law need to be treated fairly.

I do dislike those of dark heart that has been publically stated many times. I have however allowed concessions along the way it is public knowledge that as a knight I have fought alongside those of a dark heart to achieve a greater good and that I would die by their side. It is public knowledge that my Tavern in Alguz has a light of heart only policy but knights of any persuasion are given refuge should they need it. Organisations can be for the greater good, it does not require that everyone within the organisation to like each other or even think that any particular appointment is a good idea.

I am happy to speak out about these beliefs, it does not mean that I can't apply the law justly.

This started not because of my dislike of the dark of heart but instead because they automatically assumed that an offer of redemption was some kind of challenge, a declaration war or some such thing.

Tobias is right nothing that has been said since then has settled my concern that being dark of heart and in a position to apply the law is a good thing.

Rangar

--------------------
Rangar
Shadow
Dolo Tenebras Dolo
Braxxus
General Arkus
Baltar
Warf
Twitch
Strike

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #52

Hero

Let me get this right:

It is public knowledge that my Tavern in Alguz has a light of heart only policy but knights of any persuasion are given refuge should they need it.

So you only let in knight of the land members because your a member and then say you will give fair justice to those of dark hearted.

Your hiding behind the Knights Oath and the Knights Of The Land to cover yourself.

Now I will not be saying any more as you have now revelled yourself for all to see.

Flock

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jan 10 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #53

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,516

Tobias is right nothing that has been said since then has settled my concern that being dark of heart and in a position to apply the law is a good thing.

Rangar

Rangar,

While you and I hold many similar beliefs, it is unfortunately true that it is equally possible to be as blinded by the light as by the dark.

I fear you have done your cause no good due to hastily spoken, ill chosen words that belied your purpose. Not the first time I fear this has been true for you.

To seek to be an impartial advocate of the law while at the same time espousing your fervent...dislike of those dark at heart was, at best, a mistake.

I fear you have no choice but to retreat and acknowledge this battle lost now. You will achieve little by letting this argument spiral on.

But for what it is worth I believe you would actually do everything you say, and be a good servant of the laws of this land, if such is what you really wish. Though I am unsure why you would wish this, but each to their own. Maybe another chance will arise in time.

May harmony guide your thoughts, and purpose your actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 10 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #54

Militiaman

Member No.: 388

Just application of the Law sometimes requires acts that could be viewed as dark. Sometimes it requires acts that can be viewed as light. The Law is the Law and it is the solemn Duty of each of us to see it done. It is not necessarily fair, or just, or good, or evil. It is precisely what it is and nothing more.

I have encountered more people with dark auras that are willing to do the "good" thing when needed, than people of white auras that are willing to do the "evil" thing when needed. This is why I maintain a strictly non-partisan approach to what is "good" and what is "evil". Each alledged incident must be judged on its own merits (or lack of them). The Law cares not for each person's aura. Only our actions under the Law.

Justice is neither good nor evil, yet can be both. True application of the Law, therefore and in my very humble opinion, requires officers willing to do anything to see it done fairly and evenly to all citizens, whether be high born or low, white or black auraed, male, female, human or otherwise.

You are correct that personal opinion has no place in the application of the Law. Your own words have, at the very least, implied that you have strongly held opinions regarding "evil" people. Such strong opinion could easilly colour your judgement when dealing with such people, despite your best intentions.

Having recently travelled with Joram and his Church I can attest that they hold no ill will towards people based purely on the colour of those people's auras/hearts/souls. They care only for a person's legal status. Citizens and visitors in good legal standing have nothing to fear from the Church of Iron and Empire or its members. Law breakers on the other hand...

You have also shown yourself, in your past life and now in this one, to be a rash man. Prone to leaping before looking and then calling on others to help resolve whatever situation your actions create. This is one thing to have happen on mercenary hires, it is an entirely different, and un-acceptable thing to have happen when one is applying the Law.

Agent Tarkin
Imperial Seer
ISIS

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (1700pts Border Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Dave
post Jan 10 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #55

Hero

Member No.: 62

Th crying has started again Roberto...

Jim Flashblade

QUOTE(jj420 @ Jan 10 2018, 07:54 PM) *

I'm interested in training so that one day I could become a magistrate. Is this a possible thing?

Roberto flashblade.
Knight of the land.

--------------------
16 odd years since Chernobyl disaster, is it only me annoyed by no super heroes yet?

+Quote Post
jj420
post Jan 10 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #56

Levy

Member No.: 4,677

I noticed Jim.
Maybe they all need a nap.

Roberto flashblade

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #57

Heldsman

Well, I guess this is where I will have to leave it.

As stated by agent Tarkin the law is not necessarily fair, it is not just, it is not good and it is not evil.

My view is the law should be fair and it should be just and the application of the law should be fair and it should be just.

For those that think I have acted rashly, it is simply not true. We all now know that the law is not fair and it is not just and as the light shines upon it, its true nature has been shown.

I am saddened by this; our laws which should and must be upheld for the greater good of all are not fair and they are not just and that those within it are happy for anything to be done to see the law upheld surely there is a higher standard to be held to? Doing anything to uphold the law is dangerous, anything is too broad it is not finite.

Surely others must be able to see that the law needs to be fair, it needs to be just and it needs to be upheld by those that believe in fairness and justice?

I will take Sirac's advice and leave but with great sadness.

For those that think I am hiding behind being a knight or anything else for that matter; I am not hiding behind anything. Some people will I hope agree with me; many more may not that is what it is but I hope some people somewhere understand what has happened here.

--------------------
Rangar
Shadow
Dolo Tenebras Dolo
Braxxus
General Arkus
Baltar
Warf
Twitch
Strike

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 10 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 25

The Laws exist for the betterment of the Empire and its peoples.

It serves that simple purpose and those who would both uphold the Law and adhere to the Empire should remember that.

The Empire was forged with Blood and Iron through by strength of arms and guile of power to bring a peace to the land.

It took what it needed to form its Bastion and strength without apology, without excuse, without explanation and it applies it's Law in the same manner.

It is not about Light or Dark, Good or Evil.

It is about protecting those who shelter within it and punishing those who would deny others the Empire's protections.

Kei-Ry

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jan 11 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #59

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

QUOTE(jj420 @ Jan 10 2018, 07:54 PM) *

Roberto flashblade

The crying may not have stopped but your still not paying attention to details....

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jan 5 2018, 06:16 PM) *
If these roles are of interest then please contact me privately with two references from within an Imperial Institution who are willing to vouch for your credibility and ability to oversee the Law of the Land.

Louis Athanyn
Senator for Justice - Covenant
Magistrate General

Seth/800 Blades

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 9109 - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 8215 Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 5008 - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 3880 - Awakener (Comms based)
Sosen Oku - 2170 - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing)
Harijan - 1534 - Outcast Drowe Scout
Druzil - 1149 - Kharmic Sidhe Artificer
Sheltered Grove - 415 Wood Elf High Druid
Lt Benjamin Ford - Nightsoil Grey Knight
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 11 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #60

Legend

Member No.: 574

Perhaps with such a keen eye for detail you should apply for a position yourself Seth.

Worth saying while you can apply for the position and be considered at any time I have had considerable interest and will likely fill the vacant positions in the coming weeks once the candidates have been discussed with other members of the Covenant.

It is however not too late to apply if anyone out there is still pondering.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 08:26 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins