IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This coming weekend, What do people want to do???
JEB
post Aug 21 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Hello all,

This weekend at the caves is looking very sparce for players.

I have a feeling that Young Players may well end up being cancelled along with the Max 250 and the Max 750 on Saturday. Can the 2 people booked on to the Max 250 become guest slots on the 'Tucks and Raiders' Guild Special??????

Then on Sunday there aren't enough players for even one event to go ahead - this is mainly due to Curious Pastimes and Myths. Rich Fromant is happy to run something for those that want to play on Sunday, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Max 4k. Ideally an unbalanced something would be good as we have a new player booked on to the pre-8th. So what would people like to play on Sunday?????

Please feel free to bat some ideas around eachother and post here if you have any preferences on the weekend events.

Cheers

Admin Chick.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 21 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 25

At the risk of putting a spanner in the works, the Orcs are going to be a pretty evil viscious "kill anyone who isn't part of the tribe*" bunch and have turned down all previous requests by peopling wanting to play "guests".

Seems only fair to mention that at the outset,

Ian

*And possibly some people who are part of the tribe...

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
fingolfia
post Aug 21 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #3

Levy

Member No.: 672

I'd be keen to play something unbalanced on the Sunday as my rogue (700pts)

--------------------
Steph L

+Quote Post
darkrule233
post Aug 21 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,240

hi all,
if young players isn't running on saturday,
i'd be more than happy to come down and help in some way or another,
as lets face it, labyrinthe is the only thing that stopped me from getting bored this holiday.
thanks
c.k
(email:callumkenney@o2.co.uk)
It' here if you need it smile.gif

--------------------
Callum Kenney

Known to play:
Kassadin - tryst pure priest
Argonic - frost giant warrior (smurf)
Jacob - human pure priest
Yomi Kodama Panama - Tea Maker

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 22 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 242

I could be tempted to play on sunday if something unbalanced showed up.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Aug 22 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 653

Have just seen this thread after posting similar in the LFG subforum.

Tucks and Raiders is now down to two players so if they are really intent on being exclusive to outsiders maybe it won't work as a Tucks and Raiders themed special... but maybe it would now just be two orcs turning up to join an open dungeon?

PS happy to play anything from a 500 to a 1k, but if it's a 1k, ideally unbalanced... currently booked to monster T & R...

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 750); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 22 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 25

Its just a really bad weekend for bookings: Myths, The Gathering and I think someone said Aftermath has basically diverted people away from the caves.

Its pretty sad though as we did have a full Monster Crew!

Ian

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Aug 22 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(BBB @ Aug 22 2012, 12:07 PM) *
Its just a really bad weekend for bookings: Myths, The Gathering and I think someone said Aftermath has basically diverted people awy.

Its pretty sad though as we did have a full Monster Crew!

Ian

This.. there was 6 last night and Im sure we could off made a go off it.
On a positive note, if the 250 or 750 goes ahead, im happy to book on as the Battle Priest or newly 8th orc warrior.

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Aug 22 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 37

As Jo says I'm happy to ref anything on any level on Sunday, or infact play if there is someone else out there wanting to ref?

Tempted to say an unbalanced max 1k for Sunday might be the best option if anyone else is interested in playing?

--------------------
Rich

For extended length bookings and queries please use fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 22 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #10

Hero

I can play my hermit priest again if it drops to a 1k - plan was my monk, but hes 2 and a half grand.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Aug 22 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #11

Hero

QUOTE(RichFromant @ Aug 22 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Tempted to say an unbalanced max 1k for Sunday might be the best option if anyone else is interested in playing?

I have made other plans for Sunday now... not sure if they can be shifted. [Edited:- working on this now... will see what the possibilities are.]

Unbalanced 1k looks like the best plan... but can it be Saturday?

If it has to be Sunday I will see what I can do, but no promises.

PS any chance Jo will get our items done from last weekend in time for Saturday/Sunday? :-)

--------------------

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 750); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Aug 22 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #12

Hero

Here's the thing, on the Saturday we already have 1 player and 5 crew booked for T&R, and 2 players & 2 crew booked for the 250.

Of the T&R crew, two are me and Pete Long, and of the 250 crew, one is Steph. All three of us seem to have expressed a willingness to play this weekend.

So with me, Steph, Pete Long and the 3 people already booked to play on the Saturday, we would have 6 players and 4 crew.

If one more of the crew were willing to play instead of crewing we would have 7 players and 3 crew which whilst not necessarily ideal is basically a viable dungeon... then we might be able to recruit a couple of people who were going to do something on the Sunday or who haven't booked yet, and we'd be up and running again?

Maybe BBB could ref if Rich can't?

Special incentive:- I will be on my best behaviour!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Aug 22 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 37

I can't do saturday as i'm off out playing with diggers smile.gif

I'm only free sunday, hence my post only mentioned sundays dungeon.

--------------------
Rich

For extended length bookings and queries please use fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 22 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #14

Hero

Ive got no chance of being able to afford playing both days, though I am happy to crew.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Aug 22 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #15

Hero

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Aug 22 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Ive got no chance of being able to afford playing both days, though I am happy to crew.

Peter Long

What I'm driving at is that it's a struggle to get anything viable on either day... so I think it's a case of one or the other not both...

... but if the Powers that Be can make a decision today about what to do then if something runs on Sunday instead of Saturday (Max 500 to Max 1k) I will try to swap my Sunday appointment to Saturday ... obviously if it runs on Saturday, easier for me, but not for Rich. I can't do both.

I am equally happy to play or crew.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JEB
post Aug 22 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #16

Mercenary

As long as something between players crew etc can be cooked up we are happy to go along with whatever tbh. I just need to know who I am moving where, whos' refffing, crewing and playing. Hell, even Phil or I could count as player for either day, we just need to know what is viable for everyone.

Admin.

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Aug 22 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #17

Hero

Questions for anyone interested... for an unbalanced unthemed open Max 1k this weekend are you happy to...

(1) play just Saturday?
(2) play just Sunday?
(3) crew just Saturday?
(4) crew just Sunday?
(5) play one day and crew the other?
(6) play both days?
(7) crew both days?

For me the answers are:-

(1) yes
(2) iffy
(3) yes
(4) iffy
(5) sorry no
(6) sorry no
(7) sorry no

If a few people just answer those 7 simple questions [I know, I always make life simple...] the Admin should be able to get home on this one... by taking it as read that people booked to crew on a particular day can be moved to monster any dungeon that day as the Admin see fit if they aren't willing to pay to play...

Sorry if this is overdoing it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
JEB
post Aug 22 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Right in a bid to make something work this weekend I have:

Booked an unbalanced 1k on Saturday - with a view that most are well under the threshold.

Booked an unbalanced 1500 on Sunday with a view that most are way way under the threshold.

This gives us a full crew on saturday with currently 4 players on Saturday and 4 players and a ref and 1 monster on Sunday.

If those that want to play something can book on asap, not being too far above the thresholds then all will be well and something can run and peeps can play. I will review it tomorrow morning and make a judgement as to what runs and what doesn't.

Ta.

Admin Chick.

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Aug 22 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(MattWest @ Aug 22 2012, 04:56 PM) *
blah blah
If a few people just answer those 7 simple questions
blah blah
Sorry if this is overdoing it...

tl:dr - add this word to your vocabulary - succinct tongue.gif

Can play Saturday

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 22 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Hero

Seems reasonable. Anyone want to tell me what they're playing on saturday?

Peter Long

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:37 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins