IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunday 26th Feb, Decisions, decsions.....
JEB
post Feb 22 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Hi everyone,

The Knights of Renown and the Arcanum GS this coming Sunday are due to be cancelled this evening due to lack of players.

I wanted to ask everyone that are involved in these events if they would like to book on to the other one in a merger type event so that one of them runs.

Currently the Arcanum needs 2 more players and the KOR needs 1 more player for them both to run.

Can people please post here what they would like to do!!!! Or just book yourselves over so that I can make a decision on which one needs to be cancelled this evening. Basically got until about 9pm to do so.

Cheers

Admin Chick.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Feb 22 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

I'd like to play an adventure!

+Quote Post
JEB
post Feb 22 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Feb 22 2012, 04:54 PM) *
I'd like to play an adventure!

V.funny!! :-)

AC

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Feb 22 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

No but honestly loads of things i try to play on get cancelled!

why not just make it a 13 person dungeon, that way nobody has to loose out, who ever out of benson and lee has written the most can be in charge.

I'm sure one person will book off anyway or be a no show

I dotn think anybody on the KOR cares about the max, and the arcarnum might be happy to have some more people on it who can do something other than cast dispel 10!

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 22 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 25

I'm sort of with Rich on this one smile.gif

Seems a lot of the open dungeons I book on get canned (not blaming anyone just an observation)

Opportunites to play Anath are few and far between him being neither a Knight of the Land nor an Elbrethian!

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Feb 22 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #6

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(BBB @ Feb 22 2012, 05:10 PM) *
Seems a lot of the open dungeons I book on get canned (not blaming anyone just an observation)

More so than ever before

I moved over from KoR last week when there was 10 players to the arcanum to help it run

Don't turn our money away

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Feb 22 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

I think the latest trend is to book off on wednesday if your on spot 9/10 and then 8 when they are gone so you dont have to monster, even though there are always monsters on the day people panic and dont want to risk it!

Anybody who does stay booked on is penalised because by the time the dungeon folds anything else has been taken up by peopel who jumped ship 1st!

But in conclusion I'd just like to play on sunday so lets just merge the two rather than cancel one!

+Quote Post
DanM
post Feb 22 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #8

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Feb 22 2012, 05:39 PM) *
I think the latest trend is to book off on wednesday if your on spot 9/10 and then 8 when they are gone so you dont have to monster, even though there are always monsters on the day people panic and dont want to risk it!

I agree.
It's because of the forced booking people off to monster policy IMO.
No-body likes being forced to do anything.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
JEB
post Feb 22 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Feb 22 2012, 05:39 PM) *

Anybody who does stay booked on is penalised because by the time the dungeon folds anything else has been taken up by peopel who jumped ship 1st!

QUOTE(DanM @ Feb 22 2012, 05:41 PM) *
I agree.
It's because of the forced booking people off to monster policy IMO.
No-body likes being forced to do anything.

Both of the above are very true, which all have come about due to what people wanted to see from us. A policy which allowed everyone to see a 'set in stone' way of doing things.

In no way is this a dig at anyone, or an opinion on things one way or the other, just so that people know how it all came about really...........

http://www.labyrinthe.co.uk/forum/index.ph...t=0&start=0

and....

http://www.labyrinthe.co.uk/forum/index.ph...=14350&st=0

I shall leave the obvious friday topic until then.

AB

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Feb 22 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

Surely the being booked off to monster thing was always the case, just previously to it being written down by the CMT it was more informal and usually penalised the people who monstered anyway as they got picked on to monster whereas now it picks on people who booked on last which is arbritrary but slightly fairer.

I havn't been around at the caves as much as I would like recently but it does seem that sadly the play to monster experiment hasn't really worked in its current state, but it does seem that recently there have been more monsters randomly turning up on the day. Maybe due to the 10 player limit meaning people wanting to get involved on certain days only have the choice to monster, or maybe its winter and people want to get out of the house and hit people with rubber swords in a slightly warmer cave.

Either way I'm glad the CMT did actually try to improve the monster situation rather than not.

Stuart

EDIT: Oh and I want to play on Sunday, I don't care what dungeon I play on although I do really want to play Tai if possible, (3500 ish). Im happy to merge dungeons, but its probably easier to have Jo declare they have been merged rather than have some players book across from arcanum to KoR and some players from KoR to arcanum and end up with a big mess. Thanks Jo for giving us the options rather than just cancelling the dungeons.

Stuart

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Feb 22 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(StuartEaston @ Feb 22 2012, 06:43 PM) *
Surely the being booked off to monster thing was always the case, just previously to it being written down by the CMT it was more informal and usually penalised the people who monstered anyway as they got picked on to monster whereas now it picks on people who booked on last which is arbritrary but slightly fairer.

I havn't been around at the caves as much as I would like recently but it does seem that sadly the play to monster experiment hasn't really worked in its current state, but it does seem that recently there have been more monsters randomly turning up on the day. Maybe due to the 10 player limit meaning people wanting to get involved on certain days only have the choice to monster, or maybe its winter and people want to get out of the house and hit people with rubber swords in a slightly warmer cave.

Either way I'm glad the CMT did actually try to improve the monster situation rather than not.

Stuart

EDIT: Oh and I want to play on Sunday, I don't care what dungeon I play on although I do really want to play Tai if possible, (3500 ish). Im happy to merge dungeons, but its probably easier to have Jo declare they have been merged rather than have some players book across from arcanum to KoR and some players from KoR to arcanum and end up with a big mess. Thanks Jo for giving us the options rather than just cancelling the dungeons.

Stuart

I have to say I think the quality of dungeons happening have vastly improved recently, because every dungeon that has happened, has been fully crewed which makes a massive difference.

Ok, some dungeons have been cancelled which is a shame, but please lets not be 100% negative over it as it would have achieved nothing.

Quality has gone up, quantity has gone down. We just need to create the right balance.

The being booked off to monster if you were last on has always been there, it's just never been published or enforced.

Let's just try and keep it constructive. Rather than go on about how bad something is, suggest an alternative. It annoys me people who moan without any actual suggestions on how to fix things. It isn't helpful. Stuarts post is spot on too, and I would like to echo the thanks for trying something new to actively resolve the problems we have. We'll get there soon I'm sure.

Carlo

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Feb 22 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 47

I havn't been around at the caves as much as I would like recently but it does seem that sadly the play to monster experiment hasn't really worked in its current state.

The Play to Monster scheme hasn't started yet has it? I see no option on the bookings page ...

Peter

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Feb 22 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

For the purpose of Sunday, 13 players, Ref, Aref, 2 monsters seems fine to me? smile.gif

Stuart

+Quote Post
Kirsty
post Feb 22 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Member No.: 888

I would like to play something so how are we gonna do this. Get Jo to combine them or all book off one and book on to the other?

--------------------
If you need anything de-trapping... call the Marchants...

+Quote Post
cripple
post Feb 22 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #15

Hero

Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Helsvell @ Feb 22 2012, 07:02 PM) *
The Play to Monster scheme hasn't started yet has it? I see no option on the bookings page ...

Peter

you need to email the bookings line to get a play to monster slot...

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 22 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(Kirsty @ Feb 22 2012, 07:32 PM) *
I would like to play something so how are we gonna do this. Get Jo to combine them or all book off one and book on to the other?

Let Jo merge... Put me last on the list and if all else fails I'll monster I owe a couple of favours to a few people on the arcanum and craigy is my ref saturday

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 22 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #17

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

I just want to play a dungeon on Sunday! Not bothered which one, although the character I was going to play is on 450 so don't really want to play a dungeon that I can't get involved with. I'm sure it will all work out

Jc

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 22 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 25

Stuart

Yeah totally. People whined and moaned about a lack of monsters. The CMT took a decision to make a formal decleration of a policy that was informally in place and bringing in the Play-To-Monster scheme.

It does seem to have, however, had the side effect of people "jumping ship" at the last possible minute if there are no monsters booked and they are in danger of being booked off to monster. I fully understand and empathise with that sort of attitude its just, somewhat ironic, that we have had a number of monsters turning up on the day now, after people have booked off for fear of being asked to book off! ph34r.gif

Personally I think its just one of those things that will start to work better over time. It took a year or two for people to start accepting the whole idea of committing to booking in advance and now we have dungeons slotted in and areas booked up through Summer. Cavies don't like change and getting it accepted just takes a little time.

I mean, has anyone, since the booking off policy was formalised, been asked to book off and monster? (I'm aware that some people have taken the decision to swap before being pushed as it were, thus grabbing the slightly more lucrative A-Ref slot)

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Feb 22 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #19

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

I'm up for being merged!

Chris

+Quote Post
Benson
post Feb 22 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #20

Hero

Member No.: 431

I'm happy to stand down from refing to let the Sonof take the reins - i would be happy to play-aref or monster.

Cheers,
R

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 07:51 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins