IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Paying Pounds for CP's - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paying Pounds for CP's, Because it's Friday
whiteknight
post Apr 15 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #21

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Apr 15 2016, 03:27 PM) *
Erm... you caused most of those. Given your character is basically entirely unkillable, I'm not sure how you can consider any event hard.

As for the oriental campaign, that was primarily through role-play.

Yes, I am playing devil's advocate.

Huw

Or making it very personal Huw?

Dick

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Apr 15 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(jasonprice @ Apr 15 2016, 03:17 PM) *
but i do feel this is personal.

It's not personal. I'm bored at work and decided to play devil's advocate for the day. I think some interesting points have been raised on both sides of the fence and it was worth doing. It has, at least, entertained me for the afternoon, which was the aim. Perhaps that is selfish and personal. My bad. wink.gif

Huw

+Quote Post
cripple
post Apr 15 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #23

Hero

Member No.: 686

as a side note... i love it how everyone is calling the city spirit of Deci "Jim"... it was something we (the orc) just came up with on the day as everyone was getting confused by the use of "the one true city spirit." or "Mr Drowe and Mr Murder whos now not Murder" or "the original"

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Dave
post Apr 15 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #24

Legend

Member No.: 62

Huw got some apps you can write if truly bored wink.gif

Doubt it was personal,'just labyman is a good example at the moment with all the dungeons.
I like the idea of a cap on massive world plot to have a few refs and/or min time limit or public knowledge...

But smaller ones I don't see a problem.

Then let's jasper, lee, Duncan sort that?

Friday's are awful

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Apr 15 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #25

Hero

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(cripple @ Apr 15 2016, 03:31 PM) *
as a side note... i love it how everyone is calling the city spirit of Deci "Jim"... it was something we (the orc) just came up with on the day as everyone was getting confused by the use of "the one true city spirit." or "Mr Drowe and Mr Murder whos now not Murder" or "the original"

Jim is the official name now wink.gif Since Ulis didn't carry over from Heroes to LRP I am not sure what the city spirit name was.

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Apr 15 2016, 02:38 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(whiteknight @ Apr 15 2016, 03:29 PM) *
Or making it very personal Huw?

Hardly. As demonstrated he clearly has the minerals to come up with a counter argument and fight his corner. If we have to get the nanny police involved every time a subject where one person is more involved than others we might as well not bother talking about anything or raising any discussions.

I feel I raised some valid points. Some other people raised some good and some bad counter or supporting arguments.

In conclusion, should someone be able to leverage more dungeons / more in game world outcome in a faster time because they have more RL money? Clearly, they're going to have some benefits to this, we aren't a communist club, but I feel there should be some limitations to the rate of change (and this might be very lenient - maybe 4 CP/month, or 6 or whatever).

Huw

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Apr 15 2016, 02:41 PM
Post #27

Hero

I think is is worth discussing things. It does make sense to have some kind of limit otherwise you could get 8+ cc points in a month and make major world changes very quickly. However if it was limited to 2 (just an example) other people could grab a couple of points on random unrelated dungeons and stop any progress. However I am sure that Lee/Jasper/Duncan/Kat or anyone else who makes the decisions can come up with something sensible.

Thanks,

Peter

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Apr 15 2016, 03:31 PM) *
It's not personal. I'm bored at work and decided to play devil's advocate for the day. I think some interesting points have been raised on both sides of the fence and it was worth doing. It has, at least, entertained me for the afternoon, which was the aim. Perhaps that is selfish and personal. My bad. wink.gif

Huw

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 15 2016, 02:43 PM
Post #28

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Apr 15 2016, 03:38 PM) *
If we have to get the nanny police involved ....

Huw

HAHAHAHA!!!

Love it smile.gif Huw you legend you!

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 15 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #29

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Helsvell @ Apr 15 2016, 03:41 PM) *
I think is is worth discussing things. It does make sense to have some kind of limit otherwise you could get 8+ cc points in a month and make major world changes very quickly. However if it was limited to 2 (just an example) other people could grab a couple of points on random unrelated dungeons and stop any progress. However I am sure that Lee/Jasper/Duncan/Kat or anyone else who makes the decisions can come up with something sensible.

Thanks,

Peter

But then if you have done a Dungeon ( 8 which is more then a Myths) why can't you change the world ?

Also the progress in the Drow campaign has been slow and steady so that they have not been able to change the world overnight. Lee has been great guiding this as it's his plot and then results have been fedback to him.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Apr 15 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #30

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

Hardly. As demonstrated he clearly has the minerals to come up with a counter argument and fight his corner. If we have to get the nanny police involved every time a subject where one person is more involved than others we might as well not bother talking about anything or raising any discussions.

I feel I raised some valid points. Some other people raised some good and some bad counter or supporting arguments.

In conclusion, should someone be able to leverage more dungeons / more in game world outcome in a faster time because they have more RL money? Clearly, they're going to have some benefits to this, we aren't a communist club, but I feel there should be some limitations to the rate of change (and this might be very lenient - maybe 4 CP/month, or 6 or whatever).

Huw

Just as a counterpoint, should someone be able to have more impact on the gameworld in a faster time, because they have more free time on their hands? Someone who can ref / monster / play 2 days every weekend, plus every extended length event going, has a huge advantage don't they? So should that be limited too?
Not something I believe at all, but as valid an argument as the "pay to win" argument maybe?

So doesn't just apply to cash rich people. Being "time rich" is a big factor too. Students, and people without families have a big advantage in this way. But that's just the way it is, and always has been.

Which is the only point I'm trying to make. No system can legislate to make things like this "fair", and in my opinion it's a non-issue. People will always have differing amounts of wealth and / or time. But really don't think it matters all that much in the end.

Cheers,

Sean

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Apr 15 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #31

Hero

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(cripple @ Apr 15 2016, 03:31 PM) *

Grant is totally right"Jim" was the chosen name that I got from him and I stuck to it, poor Old Ulis is no longer around and I happy to play change.

Iain

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Apr 15 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #32

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 15 2016, 03:46 PM) *
But then if you have done a Dungeon ( 8 which is more then a Myths) why can't you change the world ?

I'd be pretty annoyed if someone got a CC contract to change something I had a vested interested in and then completed it by booking 8 quartet dungeons each day from a Monday to the next Monday (which is sort of like a myths but also not really like a myths).

I know this is not what Sonny / you have been doing.

4CPs per month feels about right. Possibly that you can earn them all at once but they take that long to apply? it means you can finish smaller things up quite quickly but larger contracts will take a bit of time. It's pretty easy to justify as well.

For example if I have an 8 CP contract to become Grand High Poobar of Deci and earn them all in 1 month then I have to wait another month to actually complete (time spent solidifying my rule). If Sonny decided that Radah needed to actually be Grand High Poobar then he could book some dungeons whilst I'm resting on my laurels in the 2nd month and tip the balance.

It would also mean that taking smaller steps (and thus making changes more obvious) would be encouraged. Rather than jumping the 8 CPs to Poobar I could start by going to Senior Underdogsbody for 4 CPs (1 month) and then 4 more to Poobar in the next month.

Edit to add:
Also, big world affecting changes from a myths are probably Referee driven and OK'd before hand which is different to CC contracts. I think there's also a maximum number of CPs you can gain on a contract via a myths?

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Apr 15 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #33

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,472

Huw

It was just a question - and you have answersed, if we don't ask we never know the answers. Simples.

No nanny police here, that would no doubt be a whole new Friday subject matter wouldn't it?

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Apr 15 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(whiteknight @ Apr 15 2016, 04:00 PM) *
No nanny police here, that would no doubt be a whole new Friday subject matter wouldn't it?

Don't tempt them!

Oh, too late. wink.gif

Huw

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Apr 15 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(Netheril @ Apr 15 2016, 03:47 PM) *
So doesn't just apply to cash rich people. Being "time rich" is a big factor too. Students, and people without families have a big advantage in this way. But that's just the way it is, and always has been.

I sort of feel like this only goes to support some form of (relatively lenient) cap. I like Tiffer's approach/idea. With any luck this thread will provoke some CMT/GSM/CC discussion if nothing more.

I agree with Tiffer r.e. Myths impact vs 8 dungeons impact - primarily r.e. pre-arranging big world changes/outcomes - same deal r.e. themedays and the like.

Huw

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 15 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #36

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Apr 15 2016, 04:29 PM) *
I sort of feel like this only goes to support some form of (relatively lenient) cap. I like Tiffer's approach/idea. With any luck this thread will provoke some CMT/GSM/CC discussion if nothing more.

I agree with Tiffer r.e. Myths impact vs 8 dungeons impact - primarily r.e. pre-arranging big world changes/outcomes - same deal r.e. themedays and the like.

Huw

So what then if a Cash rich person books a 4 Person 6 Day myths?

+Quote Post
Dave
post Apr 15 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #37

Legend

Member No.: 62

Buy me a new car instead

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 15 2016, 04:35 PM) *

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Apr 15 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 15 2016, 04:35 PM) *

Don't give Sonny ideas...

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Apr 15 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #39

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

I love a healthy discussion this is all good.

I wish I could have a LiKE button for loads of these posts.

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Apr 15 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #40

Hero

Paying for CP's seems irrelevant now as 10 dungeons worth can be undone by a single dungeon.

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:51 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins