IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Gathen - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Gathen, World History and Background
BBB
post Sep 5 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

The Gathen

The Gathen are a race of immortal giants that exist at the furthest reaches of the High North where all there is pure cold, ice and cold. No colour, no joy, no laughter, no chaos. A place, perhaps, of perfect order, of perfect Law.

It is said that The Gathen were in fact the bodies left behind by The Laiu when the ascended into higher beings and the unthinking immortal undying monstrocities seem to be the perfect counterpoint for the etheric spiritual and otherworldly Laiu sitting waiting, instinctively ever trying to move south and whenever they do bringing their cold, cold order.

Each turning of the year the bravest and best of the tribes strike at the Gathen fighting them and driving them back, holding them and preventing them from rampaging southwards and towards the Empire. It is this battle that keeps Ikhala Hordehost occupied and prevents him turning his forces against the Empire and from fulfilling his Great Oath.

Not so long ago, a certain Blauze crept into the lands of the far North and stole from the Gathen, his theft from them enraged them such that they fought with even greater fury at the next turning of the year. This Blauze stole from them their secret of fleshcrafting and thus it was by such cunning that The Spiter was able to gift his people with the rituals of the Tree of Flesh.

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins