IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Burial - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Burial
JHouse
post Jan 31 2018, 02:39 AM
Post #1

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

The Announcement

Lord Zu stood upon the raised platform in the courtyard of the Palace of the Snake. His white kimono stained with ash, he prepared to make his speech.

“Good friends of Yosaki, Great allies from the years and Heroes of Amlas.” Bowing deeply “.. I thank you for coming today to say goodbye. It is a rare and special thing for a warrior to say farewell. Many duties often restrict us from telling even the ones we love the most when we know that death comes for us. Some shrink from this challenge and look for a way for it to be passed because it is not pleasant to the taste, some will run headlong, happy that the opportunity has finally come. A great man once told me that ‘one should not seek their death and should instead think about what one could do with life. Once you have passed you cannot stand against your enemies, once upon the wheel you cannot serve your Lord. Once you have had you glorious end and everyone weeps for your loss, who will cheer them, who will stand with them and console them.’ This good man also told me of the other end of this scale. He said that when we choose to spend this life, spend it on something that will be worth that value.”

A moment of composure... “I intended to stand here for some time and talk about the future. I considered standing here and starting to act like the Daymio my forebears would have wanted...” a second of dejectedness “.. but fortunately for you those duties demand of me elsewhere.”

“I will be interring these final remains of my friend Yosaki, upon The Wall within a Shrine to the Kami. Over the next week I will be seeing to his final wishes, after which the Daymio of this Clan will once again begin to serve with loyalty those who hold this Divine Land most sacred”. Swiftly, He turned from the crowd, nodded for Masayoshi to complete the proceedings and left, without turning back.

======================================================

The Burial

The Wall is a strange, lonely place. Part metaphor, but part literal in truth it stands not only as a seam between the worlds of The Shadowlands and the Primal body of Amlas, but as a Bastion against the Oni that seek their destiny of consuming that corpus. Some who have visited it have remarked on how it appears more after a heavily fortified bridge cascading down from the gaping ravines that strike deep beneath the Kabei province. Nearing the precipice, a place that some bushi nickname The Edge, a man arranged the final floral arrangements upon a new Shrine honouring the Kami of this earth and the Fortunes of Heaven. Centre to this, and with the greatest of care, he placed an ornate Black Urn, a scroll sealed with the mon of the Zu family, and an ornate statue featuring mithril filigree of the Hero, Naga Yosaki.

==============================================

Oc: flavour post four of four (thanks for putting up with me wink.gif ), cheers guys. John, Pacey, and Grant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:08 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins