IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Moving Forward - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving Forward, important for Lady of the Stars guild
PhilB
post Aug 22 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #41

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(sonof @ Aug 22 2011, 04:18 PM) *
If it doesn't mean anything why bother commenting?

As it stands:

The issue of names and stuff is being dealt with OOC. It's nice and simple. Hey presto there is the Lord of Waters, and the Lady of the Stars, rather than XXXX and ZZZZ simple.

IC there is a plot that was happening before the OOC changes had to happen, it will still happen. It has been happening on open guild specials for a year, and yes it will happen on the three day. That is how plots work, people do dungeons and the dungeons have an effect. Just because "you personally" (being anyone) can't play them doesn't mean they shouldn't have something happen, especially something as big as a 3 day+.

There is however an IC thread to discuss things, and being a goodly church you'd hope (and probably expect) people to listen to the views of those currently active in the church.

Lee

basically... this.

The copyright issue is about names - a source/background that is inspired by literary works is fine, a background that is literally copied is not so fine...

The plot about the Valar has, as Lee quite rightly says, been going on for a while. The potential to change things or not is part of the ongoing campaign that has been running on Guild Specials for a significant time - how that plot developes is something that should (and, as far as the names issue is concerened, will...) be dealt with IC on dungeon.

Phil.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Aug 22 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #42

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(DanM @ Aug 22 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Mainly I'm thinking, if the changes are being forced OOC, why are they being made IC, when only a few people are actually going to be involved in making those decisions, mostly due to OOC reasons (Such as a cash, time etc).

The OOC changes are OOC. As Lee has said, the majority wanted a name change - and that is, as such, what will happen. This is unrelated to the IC dungeons - which will happen as they unfold IC (and would have happened IC without anything name/copyright related)

Phil.

+Quote Post
post Aug 22 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #43

Group:
Member No.: 0

was going to say some stuff about stuff - but "lots" of it covered in different places - and i dont have the time atm to go through whole of threads - but essentially i think:

Name Change has occured - most people can accept that
there is some random idea that there always has to be a bad guy - so lets make Jasper the bad guy -

obviously a better thinking is that evil [opposite of starry goodness anyway] has been defeated and all those dungeons we previously done actually meant something [[including the bit where if Evil bad guy was defeated the remaining shards of divinity would be tiny small and of no use to anyone - double and tripled checked, especially the remaining 'grains/splinters' - atleast thats what i thought my res chance went on in that fight - and certainly what I was told at the time]]

+Quote Post
Christine
post Aug 22 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #44

Legend

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(Bruno @ Aug 22 2011, 04:30 PM) *
There's potentially an issue here with people wanting one thing OOC and another thing IC I guess? tongue.gif Not sure if that is an actual issue though, perhaps not. I certainly feel the ground shifting under me as a mostly-inactive high priest, but I suppose that's fair enough in the context...!

Totally agree with this. What I would want OOC is (as usual) totally different from what I want IC. I accept the name change is OOC and the adventure IC, so I don't see that this is a problem any more than anything else that happens on adventures one can't play (I had a whole year of grinding my teeth at things during 2009/10 so i know that of which I speak smile.gif)

C

+Quote Post
Christine
post Aug 22 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #45

Legend

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Aug 22 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Name Change has occured - most people can accept that
there is some random idea that there always has to be a bad guy - so lets make Jasper the bad guy -
obviously a better thinking is that evil [opposite of starry goodness anyway] has been defeated ]]

I agree - I thought we won sad.gif

Which isn't to say I haven't enjoyed the susbsequent campaign, cos I have, very much, but ... Maybe I just want a "we won" tabard. In spirit runes, so its roleplay smile.gif

C

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Aug 22 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 111

I'm kind of with MCC on this. It would be nice to feel like we won in the respect of shards/gods/goddesses and so on and that we could spend our time fighting bad guys rather than another set of people trying to tool over our religion. For example the old Appleshire campaign was ace and much fun. We killed evil, but it wasn't like we were constantly fighting to save our faith's gods and goddesses or a new god/corruption of our faith/etc. which is a little like what it's grown to feel like in recent times. I admit it's just a feeling and I realise there are lots of campaign things that aren't so related but it'd be nice to just have the faith secure, have chalked up the success and have a completely different plot theme to interact with.

Hey ho.

Huw

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins