IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Darren O'Neil - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Darren O'Neil, An Introduction
draco
post Jan 12 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Fellow Knights,

I canne even thank ye for the opportunity te run for lord knight and to all those that helped me be where I am today, I want te say thank ye

So, first, a bit about me and the things that led up to Tivoria:

I had a big family but no home, we travelled from place te place with a goal that I wasne told about and I followed because otherwise I would be alone

We went on a mercenary mission which was great, I was taken along by my big brother and sister and we nearly all died.
I was terrified the whole time, but we got paid so much money and I even found an artifact of power so I kept on going on my own.
During this time I was many things:
A necromancer
A thief
A bully
A murderer
But most of all, I was a coward. I would watch from within the walls or another plane while my companions were killed because I was too scared te go and help and I never put myself in harm’s way.

I joined the church of the tryst, not because I believed in the pacts that stopped the imbaiu from coming te primus, but because they were the most powerful church for necromancers and found out too late that I couldne leave.

Thinking back, I joined the knights of the land for a reason that I am not proud of. I joined because I would always have people te talk te and people te look after me on mercenary missions, i didne really care about the oath and I would do my best not te die but make sure I got the bodies out so that I could stay a member. I was a coward hiding in the open surrounded by heroes and I was ashamed.

I deliberately made sure te make friends with people that could cast total heal so they would keep me alive; Penny and Liara were the two that I travelled with the most and we spoke often. They were my candle in the darkness of my fear, they showed me the way.

And then 3 years ago now, port Miere was taken inte the mist and powerful mercenaries went te go and recover it. I had no business going with but I thought they were strong enough te look after me.
We travelled many times and I slowly realised that although I was using them for protection, I was starting te like them for who they were and trying te make them proud slowly.

The only time that I died in my previous form was by trying te do something brave, it backfired, and I was killed. But instead of being mocked or shouted at for wasting her power, there was Liara and Max, smiling and offering me a hand up and a cup of tea, this in hindsight was the true turning point for me.

We travelled to the plane of Tivoria together, and I managed te bring the Lexicon of Creation along. The people there had died long before and only their memories remained, but they were not all angry and hate filled like I thought they would be. They were terrified and lost, asking for help and just trying to make the best of what had happened to them. While having a tanis with a few of them, they spoke about their previous life with love and I saw that although hope was fading, it wasne gone from them. Not yet. And the oath that I had taken all those years again weighed heavy on my conscience.

That night I studied the lexicon and devised a plan with my companions help, a plan te give the people another chance at life using my vitae and the lexicon as the catalyst. I asked people if they wanted another chance and they laughed, the very thought brought them joy and even the chance was enough to fill them with hope.

So we pushed on, and I tried te stay brave for once in my life. I knew that I would be different afterwards, but I wanted to do something that I could look back on with pride, not shame, the people needed hope, and our oath needed keeping. The only potential problem that I could see was by doing so, I knew that my powers would leave me due to my nature which means the claws of the imbaiu would turn on me and my spiritual power would be no more. I needed that power te utilize the lexicon and so I accepted asylum from Marcus Blunt the moment I said the word of recreation. I saw the claws coming for me but with my friends surrounding me, and the protection of my new church, I still had the power to push

I pushed again and again and again through my vitae as power for the lexicon te recreate the people of the land, and then the city spirits, and finally the world spirit. Finally, I had nothing more to give and the last spark of my being was taken into the word to make me who and what I am today.

So that is who I was, I am ashamed of my actions and want te start te making amends.

On my return, on my first mercenary mission in this form. I was slain by a wight warrior, I saw it coming but couldne stop it. When I woke up, we had not travelled very far and I was surrounded by my companions who helped me back on my feet again, much vitae was spilled that day but I remember casting my first restore life and being thanked. It was the first time I had done something like that without a different motive and that small act of thanks meant so much to me.

Last year, in my new form, I travelled quite a lot with so many people and we achieved so much.
We travelled te a pocket plane of mirrored primus to recover a shard of Nagracht that had been locked away by a set of moves
We went to a forsaken land that threatened to destroy Gileenum with Entropy, we bought a year and a half to return and seal them away for good
We battled and defeated the Callers of the Frozen Lords
So many more

At each turn, the mercenaries I travelled with made me so proud and this has been the best year of my life. I know that I still have so much to give though, and I hope every year going forward allows me te help more and more people. The knights hold so much te me now and every action is taken with them in mind.

I dinne really know why ye should vote for me other than knowing that I will give everything I have te protect and help this order and the people of every land we travel te or hear about, that wilne change if I am lord knight or not. But I have some plans and ideas for the year ahead that I think will be good for everyone.

This year, I want te achieve the below:
I want te help knights that are going on missions, if ye are travelling I want to know so that we can provide what ye need. I also want reports so that we can track the progress of new knights and reward those the deserve it appropriately. Remember that our order should protect those outside of the empire too
The group dealing with Entropy in primus seem te be working well together and I wanne assist them as much as possible. If I hear about another threat, I wanne send people that work well together and prepare them as much as possible, whether it is this group of other that send reports showing good cooperation
I want te go back te the forsaken lands and stop the threat to Gilneenum once and for all
I want te recover Resolution and bring it back, having something behind ye when ye fight is important and I am currently trying to find a way te do it. I will need help though and it wilne be easy
I want te give another city spirit to Gilneenum and bring it into the protection of the Empire, I will assist if I can but this might be a job for real legends.
Finally I have heard and seen worrying treatment of the people of Amlas and I wanne investigate and help the people live as well as they can.

Finally I want te thank Lord Amorphus for the opportunity of being Lord Seeker this year, I hope I have done ye all proud. I also want to wish good luck to Price, Tristan and Gimli in the election. Whichever of us ye pick I know this year is going te be a good one

I will answer any questions ye have now

Darren O’Neil
Fellow Knight

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sharperoc
post Jan 12 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,027

Thank you Darren, for your introduction. We have travelled together before and whilst I knew a little of your heritage, I feel I now have a more complete picture.

You journey to this point has taken many paths and some of those pathways you admit yourself are things you are ashamed of.

1.) If you were Lord Knight and you had the full Knowledge of your younger selves intent. Would you have allowed yourself to join?
2.) What would you say to that younger self?

Amongst the backdrop of your election campaign, it troubles my to say, but there are some rather concerning rumours circulating. The version of events I have been privy to allege that you would stand as 'a puppet candidate'.

3.) Can you substantiate or refute this rumour? If it is fabricated can you provide some of your own insights into how this rumour may have surfaced?
4.) This, and the nature of your history you have shared above, may cause some within our order to view you with suspicion. What can you say to those people now?

And again, I will ask you some of the same questions I have already posed to Tristan and Price.

I think on this last year, and many of the successes I have shared with other Knights and Mercenaries from the wider community, however I also look upon my mistakes, and how I have failed and what is to be learned from those mistakes.

5.) What has been your greatest success
6.) What has been your greatest mistake, and how have you learned from this.

As an order, I am saddened by some of the events that have brought our name into disrepute this year, or severed alliances.

7.) What will you do to resolve our broken ties with Legend.
8.) Do you think the response so far has been adequate.

I appreciate that this is a wealth of questions and may take some time to respond to and I thank you for your time.

Sincere Regards,
Da

--------------------
Stevie Harper

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jan 13 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

Knight Darren,

I do not know you well but if you have been nominated and seconded then I imagine you are one well respected for your deeds.

Commitment, for me, is the quality that must be expected of any Lord Knight above all other things.

Is there anything in your life be it a deity or organisation, the Tryst for example, that you could ever find yourself more committed to than the position of Lord Knight, when push comes to shove and you find yourself in that impossible position, forced to make the impossible choice is your knights oath stronger than any other oath or commitment you may hold?

Valentine
Knight of Battle

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Jan 13 2019, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

Couple from me:

What do you believe the most important Virtue is?

Why shouldn't we vote for you?

Who would you vote for and why?

Tertius

+Quote Post
Will
post Jan 13 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 158

Lord Darren,

We have travelled and bled together before, and I have great faith in what you would bring to the role of Lord Knight; selflessness, determination, flexibility, innovation and more.

I feel strongly that they that hold the title of Lord Knight should want that path with all their soul.

Could you tell us more about the passion you feel for taking on this destiny? From my observation you are the only candidate as far as I am aware who has proactively sought to be elected Lord Knight this year, which tells me something of your desire to do this for more than duty, admirable as that is.

Thank you

Ace-Tren

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
draco
post Jan 15 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

QUOTE(Sharperoc @ Jan 12 2019, 03:15 PM) *
Thank you Darren, for your introduction. We have travelled together before and whilst I knew a little of your heritage, I feel I now have a more complete picture.

You journey to this point has taken many paths and some of those pathways you admit yourself are things you are ashamed of.

1.) If you were Lord Knight and you had the full Knowledge of your younger selves intent. Would you have allowed yourself to join?
2.) What would you say to that younger self?

Amongst the backdrop of your election campaign, it troubles my to say, but there are some rather concerning rumours circulating. The version of events I have been privy to allege that you would stand as 'a puppet candidate'.

3.) Can you substantiate or refute this rumour? If it is fabricated can you provide some of your own insights into how this rumour may have surfaced?
4.) This, and the nature of your history you have shared above, may cause some within our order to view you with suspicion. What can you say to those people now?

And again, I will ask you some of the same questions I have already posed to Tristan and Price.

I think on this last year, and many of the successes I have shared with other Knights and Mercenaries from the wider community, however I also look upon my mistakes, and how I have failed and what is to be learned from those mistakes.

5.) What has been your greatest success
6.) What has been your greatest mistake, and how have you learned from this.

As an order, I am saddened by some of the events that have brought our name into disrepute this year, or severed alliances.

7.) What will you do to resolve our broken ties with Legend.
8.) Do you think the response so far has been adequate.
I appreciate that this is a wealth of questions and may take some time to respond to and I thank you for your time.

Sincere Regards,
Da

Da

I have te say I have found it very difficult to be critical of myself enough to answer yer questions fully and clearly so here we go.

1) Aye I would have let me in, because I believe people should be judged on their actions above all else. I would trust in our Lord Imrazil and my lords of order along with knights travelling together to review and report concerns and i would act on the information i receive as Lord Knight

2) The one thing I wish i could tell myself is "you don't have to share blood to be family"

3) I completely refute this rumour. I am not, nor will I ever be, anyone's puppet, slave or pawn.
The only thing that I can think of that might have caused this rumor, you might be able to confirm or deny.
People look up te me, they look at me and expect me to have answers. As the lord seeker, as a priest of light or as someone who can cast greater communication. They expect me te have answers but I know i am not the smartest person in the room and that i can be wrong. I surround myself with people that i trust and respect and always try to get their advice and ask for their opinions and help. Some people might see this as me being easy to manipulate and naive for trusting people, and others will seek to exploit me for being a nice person. Whilst I often seek guidance for the betterment of others and myself, do not mistake this for a lack of personal judgement and knowledge.

4) If people have doubts and suspicions I am not sure how te change their mind. I am willing to submit to an oath spell swearing my never-ending loyalty and go through any test put in front of me

5) My greatest success was the first time I met a Tivorian on a mercenary mission

6) My greatest failure was sending an Army or Orcs into Rodanne out of cowardice. After that day i swore to myself that i will never act out of fear again and that no challenge could not be overcome

7/8) I was not present in Legend nor have i ever been there and so i do not know the best course of action. Time heals many things and i believe our new Lord Knight should travel to Legend this year to attempt to re-open negotiations

I hope this helps
Darren

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
draco
post Jan 15 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #7

Heldsman

QUOTE(Hulud @ Jan 13 2019, 07:24 PM) *
Knight Darren,

I do not know you well but if you have been nominated and seconded then I imagine you are one well respected for your deeds.

Commitment, for me, is the quality that must be expected of any Lord Knight above all other things.

Is there anything in your life be it a deity or organisation, the Tryst for example, that you could ever find yourself more committed to than the position of Lord Knight, when push comes to shove and you find yourself in that impossible position, forced to make the impossible choice is your knights oath stronger than any other oath or commitment you may hold?
Valentine
Knight of Battle

Valentine,

Aye it is a shame we have never traveled together, hopefully we will meet on a mercenary mission this year and we can get te know each other a bit more.

No, there is nothing i hold above my oath to the knights of the land. My power now comes from the people and the faith that they all hold

Darren

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
draco
post Jan 15 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Jan 13 2019, 07:32 PM) *
Couple from me:

What do you believe the most important Virtue is?

Why shouldn't we vote for you?

Who would you vote for and why?

Tertius

Tertius,
Your reputation precedes you and i thank ye for your questions.

For me the most important virtue is Humility, knights do not rule anyone but ourselves and we are not a force of law. We need te remember this

Ye shouldn't vote for me because I am quite young and inexperienced I am also a seeker which means i cannot always be with you with my shield locked into yours

Despite this I would still vote for myself, I keep a calm head and will always be involved. I can find out the answers when i cannot work it out and i am a good communicator.
I also believe in co-operation and fairness.

Thank ye for your questions

Darren

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
draco
post Jan 15 2019, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

QUOTE(Will @ Jan 13 2019, 08:30 PM) *
Lord Darren,

We have travelled and bled together before, and I have great faith in what you would bring to the role of Lord Knight; selflessness, determination, flexibility, innovation and more.

I feel strongly that they that hold the title of Lord Knight should want that path with all their soul.

Could you tell us more about the passion you feel for taking on this destiny? From my observation you are the only candidate as far as I am aware who has proactively sought to be elected Lord Knight this year, which tells me something of your desire to do this for more than duty, admirable as that is.

Thank you

Ace-Tren

Ace

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I don't really know know what else i can say for my passion other than I know I will do the best that I can to carry on the works of former lord knights and to push our great order onto even greater feats

I am sorry I dont know if this answers your question or not but is the best i can do

Darren

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jan 15 2019, 10:30 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

It is no secret that I would see Tristan be Lord Knight. That is based on numerous reasons, but mainly simply because I know him well and believe he would be fantastic for the knights. He believes the same of you, and that is enough for me to know your worth.

So just one question after all the above has been answered so well. You mention your concerns about Amlas, and future plans involving those lands.

I have begun to spend much of my time in those lands. I value greatly the people, and the structure that I find there. And have people there I consider amongst my closest friends.

So may I ask what your concerns and plans may be? And why you feel the people there need the assistance of the knights more than the people of the Empire do? The honour and laws that govern that land, whilst strict, are oft a better protection than the laws of the Empire. At least that is my experience. Anyway, please do elaborate, for in all you have said that is the one thing I still have concerns about.

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:31 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins