IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A report intercepted from the Jade Empire - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A report intercepted from the Jade Empire
Will
post Feb 26 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

To High Priest Ashalan .
From Gorim Lothorsson . Novice of Moradin.

My Lord,
I send this in haste as I believe that time is short. My name is Gorim Lothorsson, a Dwarven novice of Moradin. Journeying to lands of Primus these past few months.

Starsday 21st of Februar found me in the far eastern lands of Jade. The request had come from one “Ochi Tengari” an Imperial Festivities Organizer of the Jade Emperor. There was to be a celebration to bring in the year of the Goat. I was to travel to the Yun Shi province which is two days south of the Imperial City. (Four days from my location at the time) It would seem that they had bandit trouble and asked all to help.

Upon arrival at the village we were confronted by a grisly scene. At first glance it looked as if a man had collapsed and another was tending to him. But as soon as we entered, the kneeling man turned and rushed us. His face was covered in blood and gore. In his hands were the innards of his victim. This man... This Creature raged like an animal gone mad. I might add that he was not undead or cursed and after questioning the sole survivor we found that the man had been normal up until only moments before and the only thing he had done was to drink one of the healing drafts left for us. (I have kept samples for better people than I to inspect). The survivor was too traumatized for more questions and there was nothing the corpses could tell us, for we dispatched the mad man in self defense.

An investigation found documents that spoke of “trying to fool us Ga-gin” into doing their dirty-work for a half fee, but I digress. It also hinted that the potions were tampered with, then gave clues that led us to a fish storage.

Within the storage unit we found Ronin (Bandits) that had villagers chained up in different stages of insanity and rage. The bandits could not answer our questions and soon threw their lives away by attacking us. Still no disease seemed present and the only curse resided on a spirit I released. Through secret passages we located an alchemists laboratory with tools and notes. Some were in the script of Ishma others of the baronies and the Empire. Below I quote a fragment of the papers I bring back with me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24th Januar
Success! The infection now takes no more than one hour to incubate and full infection takes hold twenty minutes after.

26thg Januar
Ten minutes! From ingestion to infection in less than 10 mins. I couldn't have dreamed of better results and from an accident too. The catalyst I was looking for was simple healing drafts.

14th Febuar
The Master has decreed that the system will be to integrate our agents among all delivery systems across Primus for the Mercenary Potion Allowance and then to slowly (1 in every 100) infect the potions and deliver a massive blow to the mercenary community, thus allowing us to continue with our goals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon dealing with the alchemist and the blood magics and creatures at his hands, we came across a letter from one “Demetry Constella”. It stated that documentation has been sent to agents in Ishma, the Baronies and the Empire as well as Striking out at the Jade Emperor. I fear we may be too late even now.

Further more he writes that they should meet in Alguz at a place I shall not name here... I intend to go there and follow the leads.

I humbly ask your leave to continue my investigations and ask that we increase our production of healing remedies as I believe that soon the potions granted us will become the source of woe.

I know we sit apart from the Empire when it comes to politics but I urge you to take head of this. If not dealt with soon the fires of chaos could take hold at our very doorstep. not to mention I feel that this is only a smoke screen to a deeper plot.

Yours
Gorim Lothorsson
Novice of Moradin

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:49 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins