IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Reincarnations / Rebirths - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reincarnations / Rebirths, 20isp
dhurrell
post May 26 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,966

I've got a whole back catalogue of characters from years ago that I'm not inspired to play and have heard about the option to reincarnate or choice to rebirth.

I've found a historic thread and it looks like it's only really an option for characters over 1k, so tempted to trade in a 2,800 pt witchdoctor who I don't believe hasn't got any tribe members still active.

I can see that you request a 'theme' and stats are based on that and I'm tempted to keep a wizard of sorts, but I have absolutely no sense on what 20 isp might give. Looking at the ISP tables, if an item of +1 casting level is 14 isp I can't imagine it's much. Is it worth it, or would I be better maybe just thinking of an interesting race/class combo and ignoring the isp?

I'm not well up on isps/ rebirths so grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks,
Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cripple
post May 26 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 686

rebirth isp is alot different than item isp... so dont look at the item costs for costs.

a non standard race/class with something a little extra might be around 20 isp... just submit what you want... then put a note on it asking Lee to adjust it accordingly (to add more if you are underselling your self... or take away if you are overcooking it...)

hope that helps.
Grant,

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Martinj
post May 26 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

When I did this as a 3.5k character, I had a brief chat with Lee about what I thought would be cool, and was it doable. Once he said I was in the right ball park, I wrote it up as a points app and sent it in. Lee adjusted one bit, and gave me two options to replace another section.

I would ignore (or use as a v rough guideline) the ISP bit and instead concentrate on getting a rough concept agreed with Lee. I also think it's a great way of getting some cool RP abilities without spending extra points (eg I have that if I introduce myself truthfully, everyone knows I am who I say I am).

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post May 27 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

Thanks both that's a helpful steer.

I'm currently thinking of a few creative options involving demons... anyone had past experience of a char based on either demon embodying or being a demon of possession?

I'd welcome trading some notes!

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:39 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins