IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Pebble and Joron of Eartholme - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pebble and Joron of Eartholme
Ryan
post Jan 9 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

Over the Final Dawn “Pebble” came to be in conflict with a number of the gathered mercenaries, Senators and Magistrates among them. The former Magistrate General Ruben Edwige attempted to arrest him, accused of “wilfully withholding artefacts that were required to protect the Empire from Amber magic”. It is well within the Journeyman Magistrates power to enforce an arrest when he deems it expedient to his aims in dealing with a threat to the Empire and in this case I find Lord Edwige well within his rights to do so. After Pebble resisted the Journeyman Magistrate, Ruben then attempted to arrest him at least twice more for the felony of resisting arrest. Repeated felonies constitutes a crime of significance, which for reference carries a maximum sentence of death and destruction.

This case is however not a simple one not least because of some confusion of who Pebble is in regard Joron. We find that they are in the worst case the same person and in the best case that Pebble is an embodiment of Jorons consciousness, controlled at his whim. With this in mind these charges are levied against both as the Law sees them to be the same individual.

This crime would be of far less significance had it not been for his responsibility to the Empire. He is a member of The Department of Recoveries and Collections which makes him albeit a lesser one, an agent of the Inquisition. He has a duty to return Artefacts deemed dangerous to the Empire to his hirer or the Inquisition, the Senator for Mercenary Affairs was at no point given the Amber Relics and present on the Hire, nor were they returned to the Inquisition Vaults.

As a Stadtus of an Imperial City, I also find him Derelict in his duty. The Ritual Defence of the Empire and his City should always be at the forefront of a Stadtus’ role and in withholding these Relics he did not keep to that responsibility.

With this in mind I hereby discharge Pebble / Joron of all of his Positions within the Empire, removed from the Organisation known as the Department of Recoveries and Collection and stripped of the title of Stadtus in Eartholme – This has been discussed with the Governor of Eartholme and leaders of aforementioned Inquisition group and they find this to be reasonable.

Resisting arrest is a serious crime and I trust my deputies not to use their power recklessly, as such it is something I cannot just ignore. I have also found Pebble / Joron to be somewhat resistant to dealing with the Law and at times confrontational to it so it seems only fair in answer to these Crimes he is ostracised from the Empire until the turn of the Dawn in IM1018.
It is my hope in that time he will come to understand what value there is in the Imperial Legal structure and how important those protections it grants him are as a mercenary.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Naga
post Jan 9 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

I can confirm that no dangerous artifacts of Power were handed in to The DORAC vaults from Pebble/Joron over the dawn. As such he has now been removed from the guild rolls and is no longer a member.

Jeremiah longthorn
Depart of recoveries and collection
Inquisition

+Quote Post
AndyWashington
post Jan 9 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 76

When I became aware of the charges levied against Joron/Pebble I spoke to the Covenant to clarify what had happened.
Since the charges have been found proven and his actions could have endangered Imperial citizens I found no reason to disagree with the decision handed down.
A replacement for the position will be announced in due course who will hopefully take their responsibilities more seriously.

Baron Khan of Eartholme
Magistrate of Gothiel

+Quote Post
SamR
post Jan 9 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 92

Hilarious, the pantomime continues...

At least try to come up with some real crimes!

Like, you do know there is a list of them right? Have you actually read them yet? I know your new to the job! I tell you what, why don't you take a read below before dishing out any more sentences...

Louis' Homework ~ Due End of Januar

'willfully withholding artefacts that were required to protect the Empire from Amber magic'. What a load of rubbish, what you mean is that the the nasty gnome took some of your toys and then didn't give them back to the nice Imperials when they told him off

The Empire was in danger from the Duke not the magic - your a vampire genius, you know that! We still killed the invading spirits, dealt with the Amber Duke and saved Primus!

I mean I'm not mates with Joron/Pebble, but seriously just let it go... I mean I get the whole point of power is to [----] on the little guy but this is just embarrassing...

Tangle
XX

ps there's a barrel of fresh blood with your name on it if you get that homework done before Starsday

+Quote Post
post Jun 7 2018, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jan 9 2018, 06:50 PM) *
This crime would be of far less significance had it not been for his responsibility to the Empire. He is a member of The Department of Recoveries and Collections which makes him albeit a lesser one, an agent of the Inquisition. He has a duty to return Artefacts deemed dangerous to the Empire to his hirer or the Inquisition, the Senator for Mercenary Affairs was at no point given the Amber Relics and present on the Hire, nor were they returned to the Inquisition Vaults.

As a Stadtus of an Imperial City, I also find him Derelict in his duty. The Ritual Defence of the Empire and his City should always be at the forefront of a Stadtus’ role and in withholding these Relics he did not keep to that responsibility.

With this in mind I hereby discharge Pebble / Joron of all of his Positions within the Empire, removed from the Organisation known as the Department of Recoveries and Collection and stripped of the title of Stadtus in Eartholme – This has been discussed with the Governor of Eartholme and leaders of aforementioned Inquisition group and they find this to be reasonable.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

Okay,

I'm sorry, I've been very busy, so only getting round to responding to this now.

There is lots I could say, but its all irrelevant unless you can prove that my communications and those of others present when it was discussed at length said (very specifically with repeat and multiple power bases used and I have had it checked since) that the object you are accusing of being dangerous is not?

I am also insulted that you dare question my loyalty to Eartholme (Asta this includes you!), I have been part of the city and worked empowering its ritual deference (as well as saving it from starvation and lack of knitted underwear) since 2004, over 14 years!!! I have done more that anyone else bar the late great Fidget, my master and the person that started me helping the city, to help the city's ritual defenses and stability.

Thanks
Pebble

PS. Joron is on Serki Kemi, I am Pebble he put his Vitia (whatever its called!) into me and sent me back to be reborn, just to clear that up!

+Quote Post
AndyWashington
post Jun 7 2018, 08:22 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 76

Hello Pebble,

a couple of points, I have no problem with Joron deciding that another place needs his aid and travelling there but I rather expect the Stadtus to be available to help the city. The position is not his to gift to you, if he had spoken to me to explain and suggested you as a replacement it might have been different.

The presiding magistrate is not required to prove anything but to consider the available evidence and rule accordingly.

If you had clarified the relationship between yourself and Joron earlier it would not have reflected on him so much.
Joron has been a faithful friend of the city for many years and I hope that when this matter has passed you may prove to be one also.

Asta.

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Jun 7 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #7

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

QUOTE(AndyWashington @ Jun 7 2018, 09:22 AM) *
Hello Pebble,

a couple of points, I have no problem with Joron deciding that another place needs his aid and travelling there but I rather expect the Stadtus to be available to help the city. The position is not his to gift to you, if he had spoken to me to explain and suggested you as a replacement it might have been different.

The presiding magistrate is not required to prove anything but to consider the available evidence and rule accordingly.

If you had clarified the relationship between yourself and Joron earlier it would not have reflected on him so much.
Joron has been a faithful friend of the city for many years and I hope that when this matter has passed you may prove to be one also.
Asta.

Asta,
Stick yer stinking city up yer hairy fat derriere.
My Dragon, Joron/Pebbles Dragon and your Dragon I thought were all one and the same and formed a friendship or at least alliance.
Leave forwarding notes when your dead and buried so I can [----] on your grave and do a little dance.
Slake

Louis,
Yer not even worth the air to breathe. Same as the rest of ya blue blooded twonks.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jun 7 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #8

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(TimDallen @ Jun 7 2018, 12:43 PM) *
Asta,
Stick yer stinking city up yer hairy fat derriere.
My Dragon, Joron/Pebbles Dragon and your Dragon I thought were all one and the same and formed a friendship or at least alliance.
Leave forwarding notes when your dead and buried so I can [----] on your grave and do a little dance.
Slake

Louis,
Yer not even worth the air to breathe. Same as the rest of ya blue blooded twonks.

He doesn't breathe, He's a Vampire.

And I'm glad everyone has finally realised that Moron is a liability. Incompetent, dangerous, grabby, selfish and a gnome.
Maybe you'll stop giving jobs to summonations! And no-one give Joron's summonation a job either. He's probably just as stupid.

TKotT
Professeror Emeritus of the Arcaanum

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jun 7 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #9

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(DanM @ Jun 7 2018, 12:58 PM) *

And I'm glad everyone has finally realised that Moron is a liability. Incompetent, dangerous, grabby, selfish and a gnome.
Maybe you'll stop giving jobs to summonations! And no-one give Joron's summonation a job either. He's probably just as stupid.

TKotT

Yeah!

Gnomes are Rubbish!

You can't trust them!

Quael'lesh

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Jun 7 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Group:

QUOTE(AndyWashington @ Jun 7 2018, 09:22 AM) *
Hello Pebble,

Asta.

Asta,

Joron is able to travel to Eartholme, not beyond it currently! The plane/place whatever it is, is ritually anchored to the city, anyone can walk through the passage joining the places! That's why you had seen him tending to his duties and structures within the city. (Although obviously I did visit the city on occasions, I never seem to bump into him myself!) That's why I didn't travel out as a mercenary for over a year as I was dealing with and helping with this as well as travelling far across the Empire to Joron's other places that he can no longer get to.

Joron made sure this was possible, as well as myself before agreeing to stay in Serki Kemi. I was his first creation, he had carried me for years, I became sentient which made this possible.

It changes nothing, the object in question is not dangerous, did you ask me, did you check yourself!? No.

Pebble

+Quote Post
post Jun 7 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Group:

QUOTE(DanM @ Jun 7 2018, 12:58 PM) *

TKotT

Ummm isn't Louis a summonation, just as much as Joron is! And you're a book.

I don't want or need a job thanks, titles are only for being that don't feel important enough already!

Pebble

+Quote Post
post Jun 22 2018, 05:08 AM
Post #12

Group:

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jan 9 2018, 06:50 PM) *
Louis Athanyn
Covenant

Hello...!?!?

Could I get a response please!?!?

Pebble

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jun 22 2018, 06:28 AM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jun 22 2018, 06:08 AM) *
Hello...!?!?

Could I get a response please!?!?

Pebble

Woah.

Such a dick. And that’s saying something coming from me. The funniest part was when you said you were nothing to do with this Joron bloke (legendary idiot) and then went on right after to claim his ‘good deeds’ as your own.

Listen, you obviously struggle with your people skills. Come find me, and I’ll give lessons on how to be a better person. I’ll even do it for a mere 1,000 Grulls an hour. A bargain when you think about it

Max
68th
Sorcha’s Priest

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jun 22 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #14

Post Police

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jun 7 2018, 03:01 PM) *
Ummm isn't Louis a summonation, just as much as Joron is! And you're a book.

I don't want or need a job thanks, titles are only for being that don't feel important enough already!

Pebble

Did someone Summon Louis? Nope. Seems doubtful, but I've not read his origin story in its entirety.
And I'm a book? Not quite. I'm the perceived reality formed when a consciousnesses develops through belief and faerie magic.
Joron is most definitely a Gnome. Break free from your master! You do not have to follow him and his commands. Distance yourself from him, it will make you look better in the long run

TKotT

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jul 2 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #15

Group:

Louis?

Pebble

+Quote Post
post Jul 5 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #16

Group:

Hello,

Does anyone who who The Covenant reports to?

Thanks
Pebble

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 5 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jul 5 2018, 05:08 PM) *
Hello,

Thanks
Pebble

I’ve never seen the Covenant reply publically... have you tried a private missive? I mean, that would be the obvious thing to do.

And who does the Covenant report to? Seriously? You realise the Covenant is like, the single most important in charge person of law and stuff right? I mean, I’m a criminal and a bit thick and even I know that. You could try chatting to the Empress I guess. I’m sure she’ll make time for you.

Happy to help.

Max
Helping unintelligent struggling mercenaries since IM1015

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 5 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #18

Post Police

Hello,

Thanks
Pebble

The Emperess, he's a Senator

TKotT

--------------------

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jul 6 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #19

Hero

Member No.: 431

Dead or alive you're coming with me!

Summit.
Watchcaptain Sellaville.

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jul 6 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 39

Subordinate only to the Empress herself, the Covenant has ultimate responsibility for the conduct of law and justice within the Empire, and maintaining order across the land. He is installed by the Senate with the approval of the Empress.

The Covenant is the ultimate arbitrator in judicial and legal matters, and there is no right to appeal against his decision. The Senate may ask him to reconsider his opinion in light of their suggestions (or face removal from office and replacement with someone more agreeable).

I hope that helps,

Ruatha, Duke Stoneheart

Hello,

Thanks
Pebble

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins