IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Open Low (Max 4th Level) @ J6 Sunday 29 June - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Low (Max 4th Level) @ J6 Sunday 29 June, party list & expressions of interest!
MattWest
post Feb 12 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 653

Last updated:- 24 June 14 @ c. 00:25 [12 players, we still need +1 monster(s)]

Newsflash:- word on the street is that we will all be upgraded to 7th level for the day for battleboarding/statting purposes; see post #24 for more details

As foreshadowed in this thread, there is now an Open Low (for new characters) booked at Junction 6 on Sunday 29th June :-)

This is your chance to be hardcore and go 3 sections as a Pre-8th character!

Party List:- (will be updated)

We currently have 12 players but there has been a lot of chopping and changing and several of the new additions haven't yet said (to me, at any rate) what they're playing. Known info includes:-

David Martin (DavidMartin) will probably be playing... a human Scout, new character
I (Matt West) will probably now be playing... an Ishmaic (Galahbhad) Archer, new character {there is a bow that needs to be used}
A Player (Fenn) will probably be playing... a Thug, possibly with shield and mace [or hammer?], new character
Ramzoid will probably be playing... a Duellist, new character
Tony (isbiraven) will probably be playing... a Witch, Retainer of a Noble House, likes to curse, new character
Zathe will probably be playing... some kind of a dual-wielding Ranger, new character

Crew:- (will be updated)

Gordon Court has kindly booked to ref! Hurrah for Gordon!
Claudia is a-reffing!
Andy (fatteacher) is monstering!
Neil (Hulud) just wants the champagne and caviar but watch out for his super tight pants!!

Players and monsters who have booked on will remain anonymous until they choose to reveal themselves in this thread!

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Feb 12 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,472

QUOTE(MattWest @ Feb 12 2014, 01:05 PM) *
I know it's a long time away, but J6 books up fast, and as foreshadowed in this thread, there is now an Open Low (Max 4th Level) booked at Junction 6 on Sunday 29th June :-)

This is your chance to be hardcore and go 3 sections as a 4th level character!

Party List:- (will be updated)

I am hoping to bring along a total newbie who would probably be playing a 4th level Light Alfar with a bow. This is not set in stone yet though.

I am thinking of playing a western fighter with a double-handed weapon. 4th level!

I am booked on but have, currently, no idea at all what to play.

Will update when I know!

Suggestions welcome!

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points

+Quote Post
ChrisB
post Feb 12 2014, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,410

Booked on aswell!!

Same as Rich, no idea what to play at the moment.

--------------------
Tristan - Angel of the Virtues - Imrazil's Champion.
Slinky - Grizzled Black Orc - Axe Wielder.
Vambrael - Angel - Warrior Priest of Michael.

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Feb 12 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Hero

Well there are so many choices! What sorts of things are you interested in to help us narrow it down?

[... you don't need to read this bit now! it is mostly quoted downthread anyway...]

Remember this is an overland so druids and archers come into their own. Also think about hilly bits and the weight of armour. Could be a good time to start a character who'll be suitable for an extended length in a year or two's time, so maybe one who doesn't wear so much armour.

--------------------

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Feb 12 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

QUOTE(MattWest @ Feb 12 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Well there are so many choices! What sorts of things are you interested in to help us narrow it down?

- Rich have you considered playing a druid, maybe with a Finding Faith list? (A Finding Faith list requires 20 monster points in advance remember.)
- alternatively your sig doesn't list any pure warrior types so how about a ranger (maybe alfar or half wood-elf) or a warrior?

- Chris how about a Power Warrior of the Jewel? Crazy-tough roleplay restrictions but then you've played a cavalier, so... you get to hit things (constantly, whether you want to or not), you get a little tiny bit of magic and by around 8th level you get MAC 4 in chainmail armour with white ribbons tied through it! Alternatively if you want to try casting what about a militant forest guardian? Or if you want a character who can fight without armour, you can't do better than a monk... or may I recommend an Ishmaic wind-dancer, not the toughest class, but something a bit out of the ordinary, wears soft leather, has DAC and buys as 1st class warrior. Finally have you considered a scout, maybe a thug?

A goodly druid with Dawn's Light on his Finding Faith list and a Power Warrior of the Jewel could work well together.

Remember this is an overland so druids and archers come into their own. Also think about hilly bits and the weight of armour. Could be a good time to start a character who'll be suitable for an extended length in a year or two's time, so maybe one who doesn't wear so much armour.

Warrior pure maybe but Druid could be good.

Will get reading!

Rich

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisB
post Feb 12 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,410

Might be a fantastic time for me to start a Beggar lol.

We shall see, wearing no armour would be a nice treat for once lol

--------------------
Tristan - Angel of the Virtues - Imrazil's Champion.
Slinky - Grizzled Black Orc - Axe Wielder.
Vambrael - Angel - Warrior Priest of Michael.

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Feb 12 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #7

Hero

QUOTE(whiteknight @ Feb 12 2014, 02:06 PM) *
Warrior pure maybe but Druid could be good.

Will get reading!

Rich

If you go with warrior, overland could be a good chance to swing a B-class weapon, even if you might go sword and board later on... then again, every party needs more shields...

If you consider druid, make sure you check out this page where MCC amended a lot of the druid rules. That's where the Finding Faith rules are, and they allow 30 EP worth of advanced evocations from one field on your list (from 1st level) but it does use up a talisman slot.

QUOTE(ChrisB @ Feb 12 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Might be a fantastic time for me to start a Beggar lol.

We shall see, wearing no armour would be a nice treat for once lol

Oh yes, Beggar could be a good option for fighting without wearing armour and doing something a bit different to just fighting as well.

Hanot presumably, if you still want to be more a fighty type than anything?

Plenty of time to get some nice rags made...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 12 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

I'm booked on too. No idea what I'll be playing. Perhaps a winter elf as I still want to roll one or perhaps a warlock of some sort.... Dunno yet.

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
DanM
post Feb 12 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Ferro @ Feb 12 2014, 05:19 PM) *
Perhaps a winter elf as I still want to roll one

How do you roll a winter elf?

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Feb 12 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(DanM @ Feb 12 2014, 05:35 PM) *
How do you roll a winter elf?

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Feb 12 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #11

Hero

QUOTE(Ferro @ Feb 12 2014, 05:19 PM) *
Perhaps a winter elf ... or perhaps a warlock of some sort....

A Winter Elf White Warlock and kill two birds with one stone?

Remember the white tennis balls for your snowballs so you can actually cast something offensive... (2 x Snowball + 2 x Trip = 10 mana)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Feb 12 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

Got to check availability. Might look at something mental to play. Neuronically speaking!
Or pure priest!

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 12 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 98

i am thinking grey knight... but i am not sure...

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Feb 12 2014, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(fatteacher @ Feb 12 2014, 07:31 PM) *
Got to check availability. Might look at something mental to play. Neuronically speaking!
Or pure priest!

Now booked on smile.gif

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Feb 17 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #15

Hero

And now we are 8 :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fenn
post Mar 1 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,313

QUOTE(MattWest @ Feb 17 2014, 12:01 PM) *
And now we are 8 :-)

I'm interested, but I've no idea where J6 is. Well, I presume it's a motorway junction, but no idea which motorway and where off the junction.

Can anyone help?

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Mar 1 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #17

Mercenary

QUOTE(Fenn @ Mar 1 2014, 04:49 PM) *
I'm interested, but I've no idea where J6 is. Well, I presume it's a motorway junction, but no idea which motorway and where off the junction.

Can anyone help?

JN 6 of the M25 and it's easy to find. Have some written instructions some where I can send you nearer the time.

Rich

--------------------

+Quote Post
gormaden
post Mar 1 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(whiteknight @ Mar 1 2014, 05:09 PM) *
JN 6 of the M25 and it's easy to find. Have some written instructions some where I can send you nearer the time.

Rich

Might play my Jade elf high wizard. (thanks Mr Bucknell for forcing me to learn glyphs...no where near reaching a good reading speed but at least it makes sense now)

We really to make a simple FAQ and sticky of where our regular places of play are...

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
Fenn
post Mar 1 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,313

QUOTE(whiteknight @ Mar 1 2014, 05:09 PM) *

Rich

Oh cool, near Caterham?

That's easy enough. Let me make a couple of calls, otherwise I'm in. Will confirm by the end of today.

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Mar 1 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #20

Hero

Member No.: 95

QUOTE(gormaden @ Mar 1 2014, 05:17 PM) *
Might play my Jade elf high wizard. (thanks Mr Bucknell for forcing me to learn glyphs...no where near reaching a good reading speed but at least it makes sense now)

We really to make a simple FAQ and sticky of where our regular places of play are...

Always happy to oblige. :-)

Andrew

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:35 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins