IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Ottoson Reed - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ottoson Reed
AlanG
post May 18 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

Friends,

After scrying to confirm the Undead bound to the Squire’s body would not return and that the demon that slew him would not reappear, Ottoson Reed’s body has now been purified and he has now been restored to life. The Undead appear to have fade on purification/death so there was no danger in restoring Ottoson and the Undead being destroyed by the Cradle’s defences and Ottoson dying again.

Given the dangers the demon might have possessed, information was sought about this creature and the results were somewhat surprising.
There is no knowledge of who created the demon, or indeed anything about it. It was in fact an illusion of a demon.

Throughout the day on Starsday, we had strange and unexplained appearances of creatures, be they Undead, Demon or other, popping up and slaying our enemies, Ottoson and even Teldor. People have spoken on what they believe these appearances to be/who was responsible for this but I wouldn’t like to speculate. It may a number of creatures or one individual but whatever or whoever is responsible for these actions has been able to appear within or very close to our group , and if poses a threat, we may need to find some way of preventing it from transporting close to or within our group.

I have spoken with Ottoson and discovered the following -

Ottoson is a priest of Zaroan who came to the highlands a number of years ago on a pilgrimage to fight the forces of undeath. He sought to honour his god and saw few better places to do so. He did succeed in killing and laying to rest a great many undead within some of the more remote parts of the highlands before stumbling into a place where Glance had laid an ambush. Captured, his soul was repeatedly struck over and over by rituals until his capacity to ward against their binding Undead to his form cracked and broke.

Glance then used his power to bind Undead to him and tether dark spirits over his form and give him commands to draw on their power. He is incredibly sorry about his weakness in being able to be broken, though I tried to reassure him that given his prolonged ritual torture and power Glance wields it is clear almost anyone would have broken in the same position. He confesses that he must now travel to seek Lord Thyrn and so seek what penance he must take to atone for his sins. Given the information he has provided us and his ordeal, perhaps the Church should provide him with a letter of support or just offer of aid should he need it, in whatever penance he may face?

It also is clear that Ottoson wasn’t a willing Squire so it maybe the others are not either.

Ottoson has some information regarding the other Squires and where they may be. He knew that one at least is within the dark forest/great thrice towards the coastline. What tasks he has been set Ottoson is unsure, though there was talk of a "hatchery" and a "dead plant dragon" some years back. Glance in paticular is particularly keen on butchering dragons (be they real dragons or mana dragons) and using their powers. Ottoson thinks he holds some grudge or desire for revenge against them in some form.

Given the powers the Undead we faced had and the wardings/rites empowered with elemental powers, it would seem Glance does indeed hold some grudge or desire to use/drain the power of ‘Dragons’. We need to discover more about the dead Plant Dragon e.g. why its dead, what were its powers etc.

I have heard rumours that mercenaries may have encountered a Plant Elf at the time of the creation of the Onxy/Jade Dragons, so hopefully someone may know something about it. Or it may just be rumour.

Ottoson knows the other recently went to a place called the Torsland Dales, purportedly to look for an artefact that could someone be used to sever the link between Maublin and the canopic jars. I have heard horror stories of the Dales which many who have travelled there have called the Dales of Death, where one wrong step can lead to death or great harm so when need a strong muster for this and a clear need to stay close to your traveling companions.

Ottoson had no idea where Glance was, he was in Kasnia, but Elfric always came to him.

Elfric Glance’s most pressing plans are finding some way of warding himself from death and seeking a way to kill Maublin, resurrect Corvack and sever the link with the jars.

In Purity,

Victor Somas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post May 18 2015, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

I can confirm that there was indeed a crippled whelp of a dragon (a plant dragon) which was not able to sustain it's own life in the Hatchery - it was part of the Rising Star's effort to hatch a Grull Dragon. The Jade and Onyx were similar accidents of that process I believe but they managed to secure worship and develop very quickly.

As for the unseen assailant I was killed on the same day in exactly the same way while I was investigating the Plant Dragon above by the Primal Deity Argoth III... Is there a connection here?

In Peace

Reason

+Quote Post
AlanG
post May 18 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

Thank you Reason. You company was missed this Starsday gone so I hope you are well.

During your investigations, did you discover anything of interest regarding this 'Plant Dragon'?

Argoth? If true, that would be unpleasant news. Hopefully there is no connection but regardless, we should all be on our guard when we next travel.

In Purity,

Victor Somas

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:39 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins