IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Faith of the Impossible Dream - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Faith of the Impossible Dream
SamR
post Oct 7 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #21

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

QUOTE(AlanG @ Oct 7 2014, 01:55 PM) *
As is clear from the internal conflict we suffered when discussing allowing Allockra the chance to redeem himself, we are somewhat divided as a group as to how to deal with these two sides of Allockra.

Agreed. MM.

At this moment, purely focusing on the evil dark side of Allockra and attempting to kill him would be both foolhardy and a waste of our previous efforts and would result in the traumatic death of the other side. This would destroy any opportunity for the light to succeed and be a powerful ally/tool for the greater good. And who knows what else could happen given the nature of Allockra and the many rites he has cast upon himself or those bound to him.

Agreed, need to strengthen the goodly side first ideally, won't take long - empower the shrine, steal the heart. MM

Not that I am suggesting any of us who do so, but killing the goodly side would have next to no influence on evil Allockra and could just empower him more.

Agreed, I checked that a while ago. MM

I have suffered as much as most at the hands of Allockra, having seen him kill and torture my friends and allies. Allockra was the one who struck the final blow that permanently slew my last form. But given the opportunity, I wish to see if there is any chance the goodly form of Allockra can be redeemed or strengthen to such a degree, at Final Dawn, only he remained.

Agreed, perfect solution is we keep goodly side and get rid of evil side but mercenary experience has taught us all that life is far from perfect! MM

What happens to the dark side of Allockra after this has been done, I leave you each to your own thoughts and choices, but he cannot be left to his own devices as I dread to think what harm such a creature could cause on those around him. He has to be imprisoned, drained of power or incapacitated in some way. Leaving the dark side alone, without taking some form of action, would be wrong.

We gain nothing from just slaying the evil Allockra but many may benefit from our joint efforts successfully seeing a new and goodly Allockra redeemed.

Disagree. We kill a powerful evil necromantic creature. The people in his sway are freed. Oh, the powerful place spirit, Eagna the Wise, he's recently enslaved would probably appreciate being released - just saying... MM

I believe the heart is key and we must deal with that regardless of our individual thoughts on the evil Allockra.

Disagree. Killing evil Allockra is the key. MM

I have seen that when greatly divided, things can go badly wrong or information lost as this happened recently in Ishma whilst tackling the Cult of the Dark Phoenix. Whilst everyone has differing opinions and views, remember we all seek the same outcome - the removal of the evilness of Allockra and I hope the majority would also seek to see a redeemed form of Allockra too.

Agree, sort. I keep asking myself what do people need more - protection from this rising threat of evil Allockra or another goodly faith to worship - there's probably enough out there already. MM

In Purity,

Victor Somas.

Matthew Mulberry

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
giles
post Oct 7 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #22

Legend

Member No.: 68

I confess I have not read all of this, but to one approaching this with fresh eyes, is not a solution to ritually restore the evil one's heart?
If we get the heart from the shrine and reverse the ritual the evil one did to remove his heart? From what I've read the suggestionwas that Allockra wasn't evil to begin with - so restoring his heart stops him being evil Allockra?

And to help us, once we have recovered the heart, can we not wish evil Allockra had his heart restored - and the full consequences of that.
I'm not saying it won't be easy, but is this not a better proposition than trying to kill him?

Thoby of Mortai,
Vicar of the Parish of Pook's End

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Oct 9 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

I have been able to speak with Tapestry regarding those involved in Allockra’s rite and who he may have sacrificed during the ritual.

Tapestry states there were three witches - Crust the Crone, Fable the Mother, and Shale the Maiden. Each of them one bound the mortal gift of thought and emotion and they were chosen no doubt because of what their coven stood for and what Allockra sought to take from himself. Crone the Hateful, Fearful, Angry; Fable the Apathetic, Bored, Disappointed; and Shale the Compassionate, Loving, Caring.

Tapestry said “I remember, one nice, one nasty, one caught in the middle, three witches of Mortal Gifts given, ascended and then brought low. Crust, Fable and Shale they were called, I witnessed them all. Far beneath Everpeak do they slumber and squeak their souls in torment never to sleep.”

It is likely possibly the ancient heart of Allockra is there as it makes sense if that is where rite took place and/or the witches tormented souls may protect the heart. I am not sure what ritual artefacts, if any, Allockra used but we may also discover that if we investigate Everpeak.

Destroying the heart is our best option and whilst it would not physically harm either side of Allockra, it would aid the goodly and upset/hinder the evil.

Once the heart is 'dealt' with the negative/positive emotions would stop plaguing both Allockras, though there will like still be creatures as they won't immediately unravel but there should be no new ones created.

The goodly Allockra has a well/altar near a small hamlet south of where is old manor used to be in the Highlands called Crumbledown Crags. We have not been there before as it is pretty off the beaten path.

As for tracking the dark side, we should talk to those of Creduin's Fury living in the Highlands.

So the choices we have are –

We need to find the heart and destroy it.

We can either go and chat with the goodly Allockra and ask if he remembers were the ancient heart maybe (as its shielded from scrying). It’s may be possible he might not remember and he will be attacked by many emotion creatures unless the heart has been dealt with. Whenever we go there, we could perform some ritual to strengthen the light side of Allockra. (though this maybe better done after we have dealt with the heart)

Or...

We can go to Everpeak first, on the assumption the ancient heart will be there, likely protected by the witches in whatever form they currently are in. Hopefully we are able to free their souls and destroy the heart if it is there. If it isn’t there, we then go to goodly Allockra.

After we have dealt with the heart and sufficiently strengthen goodly Allockra, we can then seek the Creduin’s Fury for the location of evil Allockra.

What are people’s thoughts as to where we go first?

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Oct 9 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 574

Personally I feel we should deal with the heart, I suspect it will be ritually significant in redeeming Him so should be the priority - we should at least make a passing visit to the goodly aspect but I'd like if others agree to then focus as much time and effort in strengthening him as possible.

From there we will have a good idea on what needs to be done with the dark aspect hopefully if enough work is done killing him is avoidable but if it's the will of the group and the only way for redemption I will at least follow and support you all even if don't take an active involvement in destroying him.

In peace

Reason

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Oct 9 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #25

Mercenary

Agreed, but as we currently don't know were the heart is and its shielded, (unless someone else knows...) I was trying to ascertain if people were happy to go to Everpeak on the assumption the heart was there or would they rather speak with Allockra first to see if he knows why heart maybe.

I am fairly certain the heart or its possibly location maybe discovered by visiting Everpeak first, but didn't want anyone complaining if we got there and the ancient heart or any clue to its location wasn't found or highlighting we could have asked the goodly Allockra if he knew where the heart maybe find/possible defences in place at Everpeak/what happended to the witches etc

Victor.

QUOTE(Ryan @ Oct 9 2014, 01:06 PM) *
Personally I feel we should deal with the heart, I suspect it will be ritually significant in redeeming Him so should be the priority - we should at least make a passing visit to the goodly aspect but I'd like if others agree to then focus as much time and effort in strengthening him as possible.

From there we will have a good idea on what needs to be done with the dark aspect hopefully if enough work is done killing him is avoidable but if it's the will of the group and the only way for redemption I will at least follow and support you all even if don't take an active involvement in destroying him.

In peace

Reason

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Oct 9 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 111

I remember them dieing on the heart, it was hanging amidst a dark black pentagram built into a nasty ritual chamber thing beneath Everpeak. It looked pretty permanent so it did.

Tapestry

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Oct 9 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #27

Legend

Member No.: 198

Right, sorry to intrude so off to Everpeak fixing the heart thing, empowering the goodly bloke and if there is absolutely no choice aiming at the bad guy, maybe?
Lizzy

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Oct 9 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #28

Mercenary

Sounds like a plan. See you all Starsday,

Victor.

(OOC - There is still a space on this dungeon should anyone suitable fancy booking on)

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Oct 9 2014, 07:13 PM) *
Right, sorry to intrude so off to Everpeak fixing the heart thing, empowering the goodly bloke and if there is absolutely no choice aiming at the bad guy, maybe?
Lizzy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:09 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins