IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
IC: Allockra (Iristan) - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: Allockra (Iristan), To Church Members ONLY!!
post Nov 9 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

(Also 'viewable' by any members or Shaehan or In Purity that have travelled with us! Although they will be asked to try and respect that this is a church matter! smile.gif)

I Lithmore, High Priest of Mortai announce that:

The LIVING being known as Iristan Allockra is granted clemency from assault by any member of the Church of Mortai, until I renounce this.

This being should and will be given the chance to redeem himself and chose a better path!
I do not often give orders to the members of the faith, and I will gladly listen to anything anyone has to say but until I say otherwise anyone that knowingly attacks Allockra will be asked to leave the faith and seek another more fitting to their outlook.

In Protection,
Lithmore
High Priest of Mortai
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
draco
post Nov 10 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

[----] that, he is the cause of too many deaths both past and I am sure in the future to live.

If I find him, there will be no redemption.

Sorry Lithmore but he is too dangerous to have in this world, I have served the church for many years and do not wish to leave. I will not look for him but if our paths cross so will our swords. If this is not to your liking then I shall of course leave for as long as you see fit, but this is one of the reasons Mortai is not respected and honoured within Primus.

Here is where I make my stand, the choice of consequence is yours.

In Mourning,
Lorias

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)

+Quote Post
cripple
post Nov 10 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 686

Lorias. You are wrong.

Our Church does not exist to kill the living.

Mercy is a Paramount Virtue of our faith, and any who ask it should be granted it.

Gawayn.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
ChrisMusselwhite
post Nov 10 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #4

Levy

Member No.: 113

If Iristan is no longer a creature of undeath and is willing to redeem himself then i fully support your actions Lithmore.

But he has killed my brother a noble of blood and deserves punshment for this does he not?

Fabian Somas

+Quote Post
trussedfund
post Nov 10 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 374

I just want to say that I am not in any way angry or at odds with any of our group for negotiating with Allockra. By bestowing life upon him we introduced internal complications within our group, the possibility of which I had willfully been turning a blind eye to until they became apparent.

I am still suspicious and fully expect to find out that Allockra has chosen to become undead and is up to no good at some point. When this happens we will find a way to deal with him that doesn't involve beheading one of our own or making Allockra into a moral conundrum. Of course I could still be proved wrong and live in that hope.

I would take a very dim view indeed if any of our number were made to feel that they could not venture forth with us again over this.

Besides we need all hands on deck to track down Teldors evil twin.

Tancred

--------------------
Brett

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Nov 10 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

Lorias,

Setting the tenets of faith aside - steps were taken such that Allockra cannot be killed and these protections cannot be broken.

Of the Tenets of Faith - We have four. You are proposing to break three of them. If you choose to break these tenets then it is fine for me to break the fourth by summoning a pair of Wights to aid us next time we gather? It would certainly make many situations easier.

Further more members of the faith of Mortai and others have said they will defend his right to choose a path. Would you slay us to achieve his death?

Finally - would you have us judge others for past deeds irrelevant of their current and future intentions? If so we should destroy the House of Swords for crimes committed whilst dominated by the same force that held Allockra in it's thrall. It may have taken him longer to turn from that path but you cannot ask one thing for yourself and another for him.

Tancred: It is indeed possible that he chooses darkness again for true redemption must be chosen with free will not forced upon someone. Even if he chooses to try and redeem himself then it will not be an easy road for any of us to tread, but how often do the right and the easy paths align?

Samuel

+Quote Post
giles
post Nov 10 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 68

I would not wish to speak for other members of the faith, and make no claims to be the clearest or most concise fellow, as my parishioners, or anyone who has heard one of my sermons will testify, but I think what may be puzzling some members of our Church is the breadth of His Grace's pronouncement given the absence of context. I will of course abide by our High Priest's dictum but I presume that the broad stricture that has been laid upon all members of the faith is in the context of meeting a changed Allockra, one who is seeking to make amends in both word and deed. I am not a particularly violent man but if I found this Allockra performing nefarious deeds I would feel obliged to try and stop him, not as a matter of faith, but as a matter of conscience.
Whereas, were our paths to cross and I discovered him, shirt unbuttoned (I merely added this for a bit of colour, to build up the picture of a man performing honest toil) assisting the local villagers in trying to grow an enormous turnip then the most I might manage is a nod and a comment about the benefits of a chalky soil.
If the former example I would not feel I had done anything wrong under Mortai's gaze, and if the latter I would expect even Lorias to pause for thought (unless he has something against turnips). Could you perhaps clarify your original edict a little Your Grace, not least as it might enable our friend Lorias to find a little restraint and mercy in his heart, Mortai willing,

Thoby.

+Quote Post
post Nov 10 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #8

Group:

Allockra is only granted this clemency whilst he does not turn to the path of undeath or act against anyone who does not act against him.

Through our actions as a church Allockra (and Tapestry) was made living.
This was done using Life, the rite of Shoravall, the power of our Allies and unfortunately the loss of Victor Somas's life, as part of a ritual.

We then sought him out and went to defeat him, when we arrived some of our group spoke to him whilst others began to break some of his may pacts. Some of our group then performed acts as to allow Allockra the chance to chose to take a path of redemption. These were done discreetly and the full knowledge of which I still seek!? Other members of our group outright attacked Allockra even during discussions. He only killed or continued to attack anyone who had attacked him.

I am sorry I did not give more information initially and I will happily provide more if people wish to ask further questions about what happened during the day.

In Protection,
Lithmore
High Priest of Mortai

Lorias, I understand your and the other swordsmen and swordswomen's feelings. I hope there is never cause for you to need to leave our faith and even if there is I would still be honoured to travel with you.

Fabian, Allockra has broken the law and I would support you in any actions you took through the law but it is not the churches duty to deal that punishment.

+Quote Post
draco
post Nov 11 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #9

Heldsman

Friends,

I spoke out of turn and in anger without fully understanding the situation. If this creature has taken pacts to redeem himself both from undeath and from the harm of others, then of course he is worthy of forgiveness. While he holds to this I shall hope that he can stay true to the course. However, if he turns from it to undeath I would like to be told.

I spoke out of turn and I hope I can have all your forgiveness.

Samuel, I was destroyed by the church of Mortai once while being controlled. Only my death freed me from said thrall to return and serve the church. That being said, I thank you all for the perspective given today.

In Mourning
Lorias

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Nov 11 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 472

Lithmore...so Allockra is free to summon undead with Impugnity then?

Allockra tortured souls for hundreds of years including the entirity of the House of Swords. Lorias has every right to be angry with this decision. Allockra has shown absolutely no willingness to redeem himself, he has just been given the opportunity. It is inevitable that he will continue to cause suffering and pain. Further, we may have now made an enemy of Nydor.

Teldor

+Quote Post
draco
post Nov 11 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #11

Heldsman

What happened to Nydor? Can somebody please inform me in private or in public please?

In mourning
Lorias

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
post Nov 11 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #12

Group:

Lorias,

As far as I am aware nothing has happened to Nydor, I believe Teldor has concerns over Nydor's reaction to what has happened and is happening.

Lithmore

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Nov 11 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #13

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

My understanding was that Cloud laid him to rest a couple of years back. I am only going by public knowledge though. The possibility of making an enemy of Nydor and Nydor's Hand stems from the fact that they are opposed to Allockra. In attempting to shield Allockra to allow him to choose and walk a better path we may put ourselves in opposition to Nydor.

Samuel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:57 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins