IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Any 'Glass' Priest ideas? - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any 'Glass' Priest ideas?
LauraSB
post Feb 19 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,111

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for my healing bint Church of Glass Noble Priest. Not strictly Non-standard ideas either.

I was considering a embody glass style thing (Like an embody Angel, but more Primal)

I was also consdiering staying Human / Pure humanity due to being a Blood Noble, and I have started taking Spirtual healer, but I have no idea what to do with the character in the long run.
Any Ideas would be appreciated

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Xue Yanshi- crazy fairy Kensai with death wish
Ningyou Dansu - Crane Daimyo- Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 19 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

If you haven't gone yeoman use you Multirace (unless you can app becoming a Yeoman now)...
My immediate thoughts on this... I'll have a think about app ideas and msg you

+Quote Post
DanM
post Feb 19 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Post Police

Member No.: 38

The Empress protects
Embody Nagrech

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Feb 19 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 653

Multiclass Imperial Commander

May issue non-level-based 3-word Voice of Command (15 minute duration) only effective against serving members of imperial penal legions, but works despite target's immunity to domination effects (Discipline may be applied). 1/level/day, no life cost. Post 6th @ will for 150 points and Discipline no longer works against it.

:-)

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 19 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

Whilst I don't know the character, as a noble you have some obvious angles:

'Purely human' (Primal Soul) makes a lot of sense... But not sure if this gives a great return for the character. Even with L 7&8 you are tied to 'superior physical' attributes. You'd benefit more by accessing more supernatural stuff... Though I do wonder if you could use this route to justify a third class bracket... Which might be of interest? (Priest, path + MC psionics then get another bracket as L8 MR... But other than to be the ultimate Carlo character... So what?)

You could use the power of your blood to either buff spirits - drawing on the nagrecth for Imperial and Primal stuff (extra casting levels, more spirits, maybe Imperial Shaman?) this is good multi class territory

Glass: I wonder whether you can explore the Primal Spirit type route to take on an Aspect of the Deity. The obvious side of this as a MR would be to work towards Spirit only hits. The more interesting stuff is 'channelling the power of Glass' - banishing non Primals, VoP effects to Primals, and 'war haft of the host' (see Evolution) command over Imperial types. Look into the idea of 'shaping the beliefs of the peons' (see background books) for alter reality type abilities.

Hopefully helpful?

Al

+Quote Post
Christine
post Feb 19 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 110

I've found Glass to be tricky because unlike most faiths it doesn't have a deity, and you need to distinguish it from Empress-Goddess. I suspect that's why there's not many of them around, although that does mean everyone seems to have their own cool take on it which is good.

If you can PM me your email address I'll send you the Glassian res ritual that Stuart wrote, and I'll bring down the Glass-specific res and ROTBG style miracles I've got. Stuart is probably the person to talk to about Church stuff though as he is High Priest (I'd grab some money off him for scriptures while you're at it smile.gif)

C

+Quote Post
Mart07
post Feb 20 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 57

I have loads of NN Priest of Glass stuff based on being a noble - all about manipulating the flow of spiritual power from the Nagrech regardles of its "flavour" - but that was before the "Church of Glass" as it exists now which precludes casting evil, so I can't join.

Happy to bring down on Sun when I'm desking if your interested?

Mart

--------------------
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat he immediately begins to create havoc.

+Quote Post
Leo
post Feb 21 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

Maybe something along the lines of being more attuned to the Nagrech's flow of power, getting you more med rate, some deny powers, planeshifts, count as being on primus at all times granting immunity to environmental effects of other planes, maybe even some sort of "treat divine damage as regular damage" thing if you're so inclined.

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Feb 23 2014, 09:52 AM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,111

Thanks everyone, lots of ideas, lots to think about!
Still very undecided, but that me generally smile.gif

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Xue Yanshi- crazy fairy Kensai with death wish
Ningyou Dansu - Crane Daimyo- Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins