IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Voodoo troll telekinetics - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voodoo troll telekinetics
CliveM
post Dec 15 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,985

Hi all,

I've had an idea for voodoo troll, much like a voodoo doll, pins, swords and basically physical damage has to be applied to the troll to activate his abilities of inflicting the same damage on to someone else.

In effect he takes the damage and so does the person/ monster that he has targeted, in a telekinetic way.

I was thinking that he would need to create a link of air and or water ( sweat that is) between himself and victim ( so a new telekinetic spell and cost?).
Then he would need to get a friendly ( or unfriendly) to hit him, he would take the damage and so would victim only innate pac would lower damage ( however it's been a while since I was last down so not sure what else there would be to stop more damage), if troll decided to try and activate ability victim would take half damage due to self preservation and nobody likes to hit themselves

Damage would work at max over 20 foot like a fireblast.

Has anyone had anything like this done or can conceive of a way for this to work, would it be considered a multirace, pathing or like a tradition?

Thank you for reading and any positive comments I get back.
Clive
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 15 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

Are you a neuronic class as sounds like that is what you are wording it as? I see it working as a neuronic effect or a spell / miracle - hard to justify that as a Random physical power up unless you have a suitable multi class / race!

Easiest way for system balance and wording I think would be something like -
This ability is an Aura of Defence - anyone hitting the Troll for 5 Minutes takes 3TBLP per grade (i.e. 12TBLP for Quad) - 1HTK per grade to monsters.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 15 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

I think Clive is looking for a mechanism whereby he deliberately takes damage and then the person he is linked to takes the same damage.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 15 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Depends on the power base / justification I guess... A voodoo doll Multirace could be very cool with Innates I suggested and Innates of the same but just one person and all damage done to you in the same way smile.gif

Could have innates of casting touch range stuff on you works on the target as well... So TOD you target dies!!

Maybe you become a doll of one person at a time takes 30 seconds prep to change the person... You always know where that person is and how hurt they are - you can attune to anyone you can see or any distance if you have their possessions...

+Quote Post
CliveM
post Dec 15 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

The class is a psi master, that's kinda why I was thinking of telekinetics race is troll as Ian mentioned I would like to act as a conduit of direct damage.
I like the idea of being able to sense others if I have something that is either personal or linked to them, I am unsure how spirit damage would work, however saying that it is voodoo magic so potential for anything I guess.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 15 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #6

If you are Psychic I think there is good scope in a Multiclass rather than a Race!

Loads of benefits around taking something of someones - and using artefact study on it for power ups or comms.

+Quote Post
Leo
post Dec 15 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

The core mechanic of this looks to be:

Neuronic ability: Empathic Harm
Gesture: Hit self on relevant location
Casting damage: Quad to self stoppable only by innate PAC, Plus XXX TBLP neuronic casting damage
Effect: Telekinetic Quad stoppable only by innate PAC to same location on enemy, immunity to Empathic Harm applies.
Cost per use:
Cost for at will: Requires XXX uses to be purchaced

The only oddity is that you want to have it as a troll for the sake of naming it voodoo, which could very well be construed as being juuuust on the wrong side of the racist line.

+Quote Post
CliveM
post Dec 15 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Apprentice

Thanks Leo, That's kinda the idea that I was after.

As for the racism thing...would hoodoo have been a better choice of word?

+Quote Post
cripple
post Dec 15 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 686

I think Tiffer has some cool voodoo style things for his Path of blood AP... he might be a good person to get in touch with about it.

Grant.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Leo
post Dec 15 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

QUOTE(CliveM @ Dec 15 2014, 02:45 PM) *
Thanks Leo, That's kinda the idea that I was after.

As for the racism thing...would hoodoo have been a better choice of word?

Avoid real world religion, especially when it's not from your culture, and especially when it comes pre-loaded with a whole shitheap of stereotypes.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Dec 15 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #11

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Leo @ Dec 15 2014, 02:59 PM) *
Avoid real world religion, especially when it's not from your culture, and especially when it comes pre-loaded with a whole shitheap of stereotypes.

But it's ok to put on a dressing gown and go "wagggghhh"

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Dec 15 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #12

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(cripple @ Dec 15 2014, 02:48 PM) *
I think Tiffer has some cool voodoo style things for his Path of blood AP... he might be a good person to get in touch with about it.

Grant.

Mostly just a tweaked Path of Blood that worked for an innates based class. I've lost most of it though and haven't got around to sorting it all out. And it was all carefully worded so that I could use someone elses blood rather than this sort of thing.

Chris

+Quote Post
Leo
post Dec 15 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

QUOTE(DanM @ Dec 15 2014, 03:17 PM) *
But it's ok to put on a dressing gown and go "wagggghhh"

I'd play a Bathtime Orc.

+Quote Post
giles
post Dec 15 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #14

Legend

Member No.: 68

Hiya Clive,

Either - path of Blood as has I think been suggested or Psi-Drowe and a multiclass devoted to Empathic Harm - as to how to make it work - maybe something along the lines of
for X TBLP may add X HTK to one of my Damaging Neuronics
- X TBLP is added to the TBLP cost of the Neuronic and Focii may be applied as normal.
In addtion the following count as focii for the purposes of reducing this damage: a doll which either resembles the target or has it's name attached/written; a personal possession of the target; the target's blood (eg. from a weapon) etc.

Which makes it easy to actually do - you just call your neuronic effect and then the no. of hits (the problem then is being heard - but it was ever thus for casters).
If you want to make it telekintic then multiclass telekinetic.

Or Bronze mana user of some sort?

cheers,

Giles.

+Quote Post
CliveM
post Dec 16 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #15

Apprentice

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions, I will no doubt be chatting and plucking more ideas from people when I'm down on Sunday.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:04 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins