IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Laiu - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Laiu, World History and Background
BBB
post Sep 5 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

The Laiu

The Nature of the Laiu is somewhat hazy. Powerful beings they were not gods or did not seek to be such yet they evoked near godlike powers. There is some discussion as to whether they were goodly spirits, beings of pure Law or something else similar. Interestingly the words “Laiu” and “Law” seem very close and it may be more than just coincidence. It seems that they had great psychic power as well being ascended beings of some sort.

We can guess at the benevolent character of the Laiu not just because they stopped the great ritual war but because of their treatment of those responsible for the war. They did not kill or even imprison, they either banished or re-educated those who had fought and brought the world to the brink of annihilation

Even now it is said that their great cities survive hidden in the depths of Ishma and there are those who claim to have been to the edges such ruins. A number of the Laiu even briefly returned to the world in response to the awakening of General Methac Woland and his Brood. One Laiu in balance for each member of The Brood and with the passing of a Brood one Laiu would disappear.

Interestingly with the threat of The Brood resolved they once more withdrew from the affairs of the world and even now their fate is but a mystery.

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:26 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins