IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Does casual racism have a place in the 4th age? - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does casual racism have a place in the 4th age?, Racial motivated attack on immigrant to Primus
RichardCraig
post Mar 20 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 112

On this Saturday I was subjected to a racially motivated attack by a fellow mercenary.

Whilst the attacker obviously failed in his mission to kill me, what hurt more was the acceptance of my fellow mercenaries to his racist attitude and their support in allowing him to flee from me despite knowing that he was an outlaw responsible for a selection of racially motivated attacks.

Now that we have entered the 4th age is it really acceptable for mercenaries to indulge in such casual racism, and indeed condone those who do show this kind of irrational hatred?

Will someone in authority stand up in defence of those of us who have come to make Primus great again from worlds other than here?

For others who come from a world other than Primus beware Quintus, he is intent on murder and cannot be talked down, he should be executed on sight with extreme prejudice, or to use his own words brought to 'justice'!

Quethbert
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Mar 20 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,026

I understand your plea Quthbert,

On my first mercenary outing I had some fellow mercenaries tell me I was disgusting, yet I were just like them, a human. They tried to kill me, failed and fled just like your case.

When will this end!?

Alfie Autumn

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Many characters, long signature got boring.
- Guild head of Frontline, Wahadamune and Children of the Dusk, PM me for permission to join if needed!
- Head of the Fae Court of Delirium Noble House, PM for any info you need!
- Yes I will ref your guild special or campaign!

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Mar 20 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 574

Indeed I was about to arrive on the same hire having performed my cursory divinations finding a group of knights badly needed my talents... I transported to the Tavern and just before entering saw a Mortai Priest who Resolution informed me would surely kill me should I attend!

I didn't even make it in the building - it is a truly desperate state of affairs.

Louis Athanyn

+Quote Post
post Mar 20 2017, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

Are you saying that you had divined and knew there were a group of knights that badly needed your talents and you didn't show up because a mortal chap would try to kill you?

Tut tut.

Rufus

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Mar 20 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 574

It seemed remiss to put my fellows at odds with and in further danger by causing a rift in the mercenary group gathered. It's not like I could walk in and ask for your advice...

Louis

+Quote Post
Dhiamara
post Mar 20 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #6

Levy

Member No.: 4,457

I too experienced racism during my early days of mercenary work.
I had been informed of a great wizard named Palewise who owned a shop, it was only upon arriving that my travelling companion a faithful winddancer informed me we must enter together, lest I be magically bolted from the premises.
Although I have not yet returned to the place, I fear this may not have changed.

Una

--------------------

2022 mains
Una - Kami of Calm - 15k
Variaka/ViVi - Guardian of Delirium - 10k
Kasss - Spider Matron - 3k

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 20 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #7

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Ladies and gentlemen; the Knights of the Land, proudly championing the cause of Demonic incursions since IM992.

This once-great guild has made itself a laughing stock.
Discuss.

'Rus

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Mar 21 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

QUOTE(Jasper @ Mar 20 2017, 11:55 PM) *
Ladies and gentlemen; the Knights of the Land, proudly championing the cause of Demonic incursions since IM992.

This once-great guild has made itself a laughing stock.
Discuss.
'Rus

'Rus,

With the greatest of respect, The Knights are as fallible as the next group of mercenaries but it is not reasonable to judge us entirely on the few things you find objectionable about us when our deeds encompass so much more.

We are not perfect but the good we do in defence of Primus and its peoples far outweighs the mistakes that plague us the same as other mercenaries.

That is not to say that our mistakes should be ignored or automatically forgiven but please consider that you do us a disservice when you condemn all of us and our works in this way.

Regards,

Valentine.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 21 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #9

Arch-Enemy

What good? What good do you do? What do you do which is not done by any random group of mercenaries on any given Starsday?
If you want more respect than other mercenaries, you have to earn it.

Unless I very much mistake the concept of Brotherhood, your oaths suggest that you stand together. With the greatest of respect it is you, and your own oaths, which tar you all with same brush.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Mar 21 2017, 07:29 AM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

QUOTE(Jasper @ Mar 21 2017, 12:55 AM) *
What good? What good do you do? What do you do which is not done by any random group of mercenaries on any given Starsday?
If you want more respect than other mercenaries, you have to earn it.

Unless I very much mistake the concept of Brotherhood, your oaths suggest that you stand together. With the greatest of respect it is you, and your own oaths, which tar you all with same brush.
'Rus

'Rus, neither I nor my brother Knights expect to be treated with any more respect than anyone else.

We are not talking about respect here.

You are publicly claiming that the Knights have for some years been championing the cause of Demon incursions which (if true) would likely represent a threat requiring the intervention of the Inquisition.

If this is the case then present your evidence that it can be taken to Nexus or Covenant who can decide an appropriate course of action.

If you have a problem with particular Knights then take it up with the Lord Knight.

As a Magistrate you hold an office of great responsibility to the Law, when you speak publicly it means something, your words matter, and when Magistrates start making public accusations like this without evidence then they demean their office.

Valentine.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Mar 21 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 111

Bait well and truly taken... hook, line and sinker. You didn't even dangle it that long 'Rus, a matter of minutes...

Blend

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Mar 21 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

Rus,

To back up my fellow knight Valentine, what makes you think that the knights are championing demonic incursions?

I don't think I have ever seen anything that would make me think that the Knights are championing demonic incursions either publically or privately!

Please explain your comments.

Many Thanks

Rangar

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Mar 22 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Member No.: 564

as a scholar that spends all his time reading books, scrolls etc
I hate racism, all that running, makes you sweaty and going round in circles can get dizzy and then hurdles are just dangerous, races that use animals (dogs, horses, snails) is just animal cruelty and while marathons get you seeing the sights they are just to long, use a blink or teleport much better

- Tyrone

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 22 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #14

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Mar 21 2017, 08:57 PM) *
Rus,

To back up my fellow knight Valentine, what makes you think that the knights are championing demonic incursions?

I don't think I have ever seen anything that would make me think that the Knights are championing demonic incursions either publically or privately!

Please explain your comments.

Many Thanks

Rangar

We've moved on now, but thanks for your interest.

Hang on, when did Billy Chance step down as my sister's War Lord (sic)? And does the Senate no longer make public announcements if they choose a replacement?

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Mar 23 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 111

As far as the Senate is concerned he hasn't. Certainly no resignation has been tendered to us. The Senate thus hasn't had any need to discuss a replacement.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 23 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Mar 23 2017, 03:08 PM) *
As far as the Senate is concerned he hasn't. Certainly no resignation has been tendered to us. The Senate thus hasn't had any need to discuss a replacement.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

Oh.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Mar 23 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 190

I too was the victim of the murderous Quintus.

Having taken the same hire as him, I quickly picked up his racist feeling towards me.

Towards the end of the day I had save his life twice, and I felt maybe in the future he would be able to see past the colour of my skin and friendship could bloom between us!

It was then, whilst locked in mortal combat with the kind of demons who were trying to slay our group, that he touched me in the most inappropriate of ways from behind! I felt the greatest of pain as my soul was sent back to my home plane, slaying me utterly.

I gather this criminal is still at large and would urge others likely to be subjected to his bigotry to watch out!

From Brian

Head Scribe to Lady Serin

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Mar 23 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 198

Apologies I misspoke.
I was a temporary leader of the legions whilst Chance was unavailable.
If required I'll amend my note.
And Rangar, Valentine when did Imrazil or Tidus stop being demons?
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:13 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins