IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Grist - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Grist, Grist
Sarah
post Jan 29 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 263

Hi fellows,

My name is Midge and I am but a humble Halfling follower of the Lady of the stars, this starsday I am venturing off with
some friends to investigate the Grist. I am wondering if anyone can help me out with information on the Grist, or perhaps
be kind enough to pass on some scrolls or something to help.

I am afraid I have little knowledge of what we may face at this time, I think they maybe undead or something, but would be nice to know
as I have never come across these things before.

Anyway enjoy all you breakfasts, and don't forget the Tea

Midge
Council of The Teapot Hearth
Member of the Treblehearth

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 27k
Tweegle - Jade crusader of Michael 15k (not a thief or a liar)
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 13k
Tetsu Ko - Chieftain raging bear tribe 9k
Lantolas - Paladin of frozen tiger tribe 2k
Ganbaru - Kensai of Chisana Nezumi clan 1.5k
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jan 29 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 48

I am afraid that, currently, I am not in possession of any scrolls. Should that change, I shall certainly seek you out.

You can be assured that I shall *not* forget the tea.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Cildan
post Jan 29 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 71

I have encountered these unfortuate creatures a couple of times now, and have learned a few things, The Grist I think is mainly a Disease which ultimately turns its sufferers into undead creatures.

Most of ones I have met have turned out to be quite hostile, and quite difficult to control or kill. For example on one hire a priestly mercenary identified one of the creatures as being made up for 5 different undead each with the resistance of that of a wraith. It apparently also hit quite hard and could use supernatural powers. I eventually managed to take it down after several blasts of fire directly aimed at its head.

There may be more variations on this but this is the only type I have first hand knowledge of.

Kheldar
Phoenix Mage

--------------------
"I used to be normal, but I found the cure"

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 29 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 574

My bad again! Everything looks like IC chat on my stupid phone :-/

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jan 29 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 111

From what I've heard it is a necromantic plague that is highly infectious, kills people and then reanimates them as undead, who can then spread the plague. I have little more detail than that though if you would like me to scry I can do so.

I'm afraid I don't really do money/scrolls.

Aurora

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jan 29 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jan 29 2015, 08:35 PM) *
...Lomo

I'm glad to see someone so full of sin has finally been redeemed and seen the light of the valar.

Aurora

(OOC: isn't this the LoTS church board... ;0)

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Jan 29 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

ooo thanks for the info, they do sound nasty, at least the information you have given me, gives me a heads up to what
these things are like, hostile kind of rules out negotiation, and well undead really should not be wandering around being naughty
like this. hmmm well at least I can warn my fellows about these, perhaps we can come up with a way to deal with them..

It seems like a threat to the land to me, so I will go and see what I can find out and do,

My thanks all
Midge

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jan 29 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Sarah @ Jan 29 2015, 07:43 PM) *
ooo thanks for the info, they do sound nasty, at least the information you have given me, gives me a heads up to what
these things are like, hostile kind of rules out negotiation, and well undead really should not be wandering around being naughty
like this. hmmm well at least I can warn my fellows about these, perhaps we can come up with a way to deal with them..

It seems like a threat to the land to me, so I will go and see what I can find out and do,

My thanks all
Midge

Hey luv,

I've always been the one with the stuff. But since I changed I don't really do that sort of thing any more. I even gave in all my 12 grull notes.

On a pilgrimage at the moment, and I haven't found where I'm going or who im going to be, but I'll find you and give you some things. I have some healing talismans I think, and some scrolls.

Bradley Baker
Champion of the Stars
Chosen of Tulkas

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Feb 1 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Hello All,

I would like to thank everyone that helped out with information and/or equipment, I am very very sure
that this helped save my life and probably others too.

I would also like to tell you what we found out, as you never know it might be of use to you.

The Grist, well we discovered that this all seems to have started when a Paladin was corrupted by
a god who I shall refer to as ETHAL, as its real name starts with an E. I shall not say the name of the God
for we have been warned of the considerable consequences of such an action. The Paladin then became knows as
the Grist, so it seems it was one entity, and it is from this Grist that the plague has spread, I guess creating other
similar creatures, and spreading at quite an alarming rate.

There is more to this of course and it does appear that someone or something has big idea's of conquest across the
planes, and to be honest right now there plan is working very well.

We have discovered that the Grist was stopped before by it being struck by immense power, I guess like one of those
big ritual things, a simultaneous strike across all the affected planes.
However we need to gather more information to truly understand what needs to be done to put an end to this, we know
that we must travel to 6 more tomb's to hopefully discover exactly what we can do. I can promise that a group of us is planning
to do this, and we will make every effort to stop the spread of the plague.

Thanks everyone
Midge

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Feb 18 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Hi all,

For those dealing with the grist, we have a letter, which explains some bits, i will get the
Info and makes it available here tomorrows but i donts likes it.

It says to brings stuff here to primusy, for a big ritual thing

Not sure if this is tricksy do badders trying to make us do what they wants..

So when i provides details lets me knows whats ya thinks

Midge

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Feb 20 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #11

Mercenary

OO Sorry for delays in putting this ere,

I drunk some powerful Tea, and well ..

Here we ares a translatified thingy

Midge

--------------------------------------------------

Grist Darmak was once a man. He was a great servant of the Order of the Planar Servants. He was one of our most trusted Paladins of the Order.

For many years there was a great war between the planes. Norithel, a great power of Mages and power users struck first against Eithlon who, while were peaceful, worshipped dark old Gods that gave them power. The war initially was just between the two planes but in time it spread across the planes and we could not keep the peace as we once could.

Ewan, one of the leaders of our order, came up with a solution to stop the war. His solution was to establish an army to fight for us and then restore the balance. Little did we know that it was already too late and he had made pacts with dark Gods of old for power.

Grist, as he was a noble and balanced man, was asked to lead this new army that Ewan was going to ritually create and then we would use this army for peace to end the war that was destroying the outer planes.

The ritual was completed and grist was turned into a foul beast of Undeath and in his wake the dead rose around him and spread the foul plague that was given his name.

The solution was perfect and the Grist spread across the plane like the wild fires of the hells consuming all that was in their path and then adding to the army.

The Norithel and Eithlon had no chance to defeat a from this plague and were all but destroyed.

This is when the three decided to stop the Grist as Ewan now had his eyes set on the Primal Plane. A small fraction of us broke away from the Order and went to the market city and from there we used the ritual power to destroy the Grist across all the planes.

Grist Darmak was not so easy to kill but once our Tombs were set and ready across the planes we attacked him and end the end while not able to fully destroy him we were able to put him into a state of death and seal him away deep within a hidden Tomb.

Take the crystal to a nexus and it will guide you where you need to go to find the other 2 Tombs to get the keys so that you can finally destroy Grist.

If you destroy Grist then bring his bones to the Primal Plane and cast the ritual across the planes.

In death I will still serve.

Lovar
Paladin
Order of the Planar Servants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
post Feb 20 2015, 09:42 AM
Post #12

Group:
Member No.: 0

*Loric reads the letter with a stern expression on his face.*

'The one who lives in torment, known as Grist, must be saved. That is our duty, as followers of the Lady. I may not have the knowledge of those who walked this path before me, but the message here to me is clear.'

'The form he currently takes, was not his choice. The Vitae within him, is one of light. His Vitae, must be saved.'

*Turning on his heel, Loric headed to the stores, preparing himself for the journey ahead.*

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Mar 9 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #13

Mercenary

So we wents to anothers places, ands i forgots the teas and caksies, but
We i thinks gainesd more stuffs abouts how to stops the grist, theres a groups
Of us worksings on this ...ours scholars types looksings at scrolls

Ooo, cans anyones makes a scripturies thingsy for the formsy of spirit, ands hows muchs
Woulds its be, ifs anyones cans makesy its

Thanks
Midge

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Mar 10 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Bah the scrollsies were gobblegooks, some pictures creators ranties abouts his pictures,
Buts we dids findsy thats weez doings the rights thingses. So thnkses the doracs veries
Veries toughs peopleses wills be helpsing us with nexts bitses to stops the grists.

Midge

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins