IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Guild Boards - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Boards
Will
post Jan 22 2018, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

Keen to see the outcome of the thoughts on how to move forward with them so I thought I'd offer some of my thoughts and encourage some focused debate on them in light of latest Almanac announcement.

Question: What can be put in place to establish an acceptable minimum standard, in light of the big variation in quality?

Perhaps the minimum should be that the board itself, not just the bits stuck on, must be unique to the guild. So dressed up in fabric, painted, carved, crafted, whatever. So that even if all the paper were taken off, you could still see that it was linked to that guild in some way rather than a slab of wood? Plus as it is now, keeping things up to date/something new and keeping it clean and presentable.

Just an idea. Am keen to see the answer sooner rather than later so I can plan how to keep guilds going in what is now, temporarily, an even harder situation!

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jan 22 2018, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 155

I agree with Will on the basic minimum.

This was my thought when I buiilt the Natural Trust board.

Tim.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 22 2018, 08:12 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

I agree that should be the bare minimum.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 22 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #4

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Jan 22 2018, 08:12 AM) *
I agree that should be the bare minimum.

Just needs the CMT to say "Yeah, that looks good enough" before you can put it up?

I reckon its pretty obvious when they look good enough.

So the CMT just takes down all the current subpar ones, leave the goods ones up and re-instate the bonus ASAP.

If yours is taken down then you know it needs some work and those who've made decent effort aren't penalised.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jan 22 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 98

QUOTE(BBB @ Jan 22 2018, 08:53 AM) *
Just needs the CMT to say "Yeah, that looks good enough" before you can put it up?

So the CMT just takes down all the current subpar ones, leave the goods ones up and re-instate the bonus ASAP.

If yours is taken down then you know it needs some work and those who've made decent effort aren't penalised.

BBB

This makes a whole lotta sence.

T.

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jan 22 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

QUOTE(BBB @ Jan 22 2018, 08:53 AM) *

BBB

Whiles this make some sense, if does feel a little subjective, a list of requirements (minimum requirements feels like someone saying "whats the least I can do", when the point is some effort should be put in) would be great something like:

Title of Guild
decorations appropriate
updates every three months (which are to be checked every third month)
Etc

But these shouldn't be all that is there but a base list of what should be present. Should something subjective be required maybe additions Guild points can be awarded for "effort" but I'm not sure that's a good idea as "opinion" can fall into "But I did this, why isn't it appreciated" and so on

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Will
post Jan 22 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #7

Legend

Yeah, I'd personally be keen to avoid too many subjective elements to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 22 2018, 10:43 AM
Post #8

GSM

Member No.: 54

So, in a rare moment of time:

The reason for the change, and it was done at the same time as changing grand guild hall (which helps counter the change) guild contract, if the boards are dying.
Some look really good, others were a single bit of A4 pined to a window frame.

I had to go around each quarter and take a note of who's boards still looked good. I tried to be fair, especially because of the problems with the boards being taken down and the weather effect.

I also tried t check when things were last changed. I'm ok with a board having something new every 6 months.

If people have ideas about ways to make them work I'm up for it. The mains problems are:

Cost effective ways of having boards that don't die to the caves.
Ways to make them relevant and readable.
Fair rules that I can tick yes or no with to avoid "But..."

There were other things when we talked so any good ideas are welcome.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Jan 22 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 37

Why I like the guild boards, do many people actually look at them where they are? Some of the recent ones do look good but I do wonder if it’s a bit of a waste where they are if people aren’t taking the time to read them.

Would making them IC recruitment type boards and having them on the walls in the tavern, or down by the desks would make them more likely to be read and talked about? Which in turn would hopefully lead to people happier to put in the time and effort to maintain them.

I also think that the guild forums being active on here should give some benefit or be tied to the guild board reward scheme. Having IC dungeon write ups, people talking about the campaign IC etc all help build up interest in a guild and make it popular enough to run

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BlockWizard
post Jan 22 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #10

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,007

Can guild members post stuff on their boards or is that just up to the guild heads?

Conor

--------------------
Hi, I'm Conor. Also known as:

Lord Zacharius Ward, foppish blue warlock/duelist
Lazlow von Lieblos, sanguine Circle pencil-pusher
Randall Lyghtwood, fragile Shaehan pure priest
Errin "Twiglet", spacey druidic wood elf awakener

+Quote Post
Will
post Jan 22 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #11

Legend

Guild members can put stuff up yeah.

I really like the idea of them being in the tavern/hiring hall.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 22 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 52

As a referee I like to use the Hiring Hall and Tavern for set pieces other than just a briefing area.

If they are set up in these areas they need to be easily movable in my opinion so they can remain as usable areas and it doesn't take to long to take them down and return them after the event.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 22 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #13

Deity

Member No.: 25

I think having them up somewhere other than the corridor would be a good thing.

Pretty much people just rush up or down the corridor

Personally I might give a quick glance at a new board that looks cool but don't really pay much attention to them.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Ironcore
post Jan 22 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,177

By the desks would be good, most people hang out there at some point so would get some attention.
Normally just get walked past in the corridor and the lighting by the desks is better so more likely someone would stand and read.

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Jan 22 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 37

QUOTE(Gordon @ Jan 22 2018, 12:58 PM) *
As a referee I like to use the Hiring Hall and Tavern for set pieces other than just a briefing area.

If they are set up in these areas they need to be easily movable in my opinion so they can remain as usable areas and it doesn't take to long to take them down and return them after the event.

Yeah definitely. Although the more simple solution I had thought of for that situation would be to put a couple of hooks/screws in above the area they are so that a throw could be hung up easily to hide them

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Jan 22 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 123

Why not use the CC system for this ?

A Guild can put in a contract detailing how they intend to put there mark on the world. Completet it - get a X month extension.

I don't think it will be much more paperwork/stress as there is already the CC system in place and there's only a max of two CC points a dungeon....

EG>

The Frontline are a band of fighters who wish to promote unity in arms. Their contract requires them to successfully protect their group, with their skill at arms. - Ergo to earn a CP they need to complete the adventure containing at least 4 members without anyone dying to a Weapon Blow/similar. (Traps/wardings etc. aren't their thing but if someone manages to break through their line and kill the party wizard ....) - as this is moderately difficult the CC Mod puts it at 6 points and gives it a 6 month extension.

-or-

The West Sea Trading Company are assassins... they want to successfully kill people and get away with it. Therefore their contract requires them to successfully complete a contract killing on a dungeon but only needs one member on dungeon. This is a rare circumstance (having a contract AND being on the right dungeon...) so the CC Mod puts it at 2 points and gives it a 12 month extension.

Obviously I really cant explain well .... but hopefully you get the idea ....

Dave

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Jan 22 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #17

Hero

Member No.: 123

Also make it a rule that only one active extension contract per guild ....

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jan 22 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #18

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Just to be different I like them being in the entrance corridor,

For new comers it's a very long black tunnel.

Guild boards that look good and cool are excellent decoration in this long black (am I going the right way) corridor

Duncan

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jan 22 2018, 02:45 PM
Post #19

Legend

Member No.: 155

Cool boards on the way down are great and there are actual walls to put them on + the entrance tunnel is lit and won't get bashed in fights or desecrated IC.

I would like an "In character" board in the tavern though. Put up your leaving notices, hires, wanted posters, campaign news etc etc.

Many, many moons ago I put up a series of adventure write ups that people could read whilst waiting. I got to episode 57 of the Journal. It went up next to the Armoury so thast waiting monsters could read it.

Tim.

+Quote Post
Harrumph
post Jan 22 2018, 02:54 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

Member No.: 58

what about aiming at encouraging the coolest one? give some incentive into making them excellent, rather than a bare minimum?

just a thought
Richard

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:37 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins