Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larp and Archery shop in London
post Nov 2 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I need to buy a new latex sword, a bow and some LARP arrows. Can you tell me where I can go in London or near? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
saracentruth
post Nov 2 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 595

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 2 2009, 09:20 PM) *
I need to buy a new latex sword, a bow and some LARP arrows. Can you tell me where I can go in London or near? Thanks!

erm.

Have you tried Primal Forge ? If you look at the top of this page... there should be a graphic & link...

Cheers, Danny

--------------------
Regards, Dan.

For those that know, or care:
Talen, of the Duron. 99% Human. Ranger. | Zhoto Dzen. Human. Monk. | "Old Ma". Human, female, about 80 years old give or take a decade. Midwife. | Rotundulous. Winter Elf, Warlock. "but I'm telling you, my arm *is* broken" | Forty One. Human. Warrior(Pit Fighter). unlettered and uncultured, but good to his friends (a new idea to him) | Recolo. Alfar (Light, but aspires to be as the original Alfar). Forest Guardian. | Book, Prophet of The Word. Human. Errr, Prophet ;)

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Nov 2 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 52

www.primalforge.co.uk is prob a good start

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.

+Quote Post
post Nov 2 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #4

Group:

Yes, but i'm looking for an online shop, and the "real" shop is too far from London, like 25 miles!

+Quote Post
TheOG
post Nov 2 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 964

Hmm, The Caves/Primal Forge as far as I know is the closest shop to London for any larp equipment, If you find one closer, I didn't know it existed!

Online shops, Google LARP

Regards

Og

--------------------
Mark V, Aka OG.

Making Middle-age look easy since 2003

+Quote Post
Jan
post Nov 2 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 2 2009, 10:25 PM) *
Yes, but i'm looking for an online shop, and the "real" shop is too far from London, like 25 miles!

They are an online shop...

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post Nov 3 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #7

Group:

Pardon, i do NOT want an online shop...i'm just looking for a store in London

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Nov 3 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 3 2009, 12:12 AM) *

There isn't one I'm afraid.
There's currently only one LRP shop, which is linked to LRP Store and is more of a part-time store / part-time warehouse.

there are three highstreet stores in Copenhagen - but I doubt that's too much help!

the closest to a store near London is the caves display cabinets.

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 3 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 3 2009, 12:12 AM) *

As Andy says - there isnt one I am afraid

Primal Forge have some good stuff and if you cant see what you want ring them - if they dont have it / cant get it i am pretty sure they will know who can

Lots of the stuff from the site is also on display at the caves at the weekend but fair enough that is a bit far out for some places in London! More conveniant than Copenhagen though!

(3 high street stores Andy.....Wow.... weird!)

Rob

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Nov 3 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #10

Group:

Powef of the chase, I'll be in copenhagen in two weeks! do you where these shops are?

It is very strange there are no larp shops in London! I'm from italy, and in rome we've two large shops and a few small. I thought england will be fine for a roleplayer!

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Nov 3 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #11

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 3 2009, 03:12 AM) *
Powef of the chase, I'll be in copenhagen in two weeks! do you where these shops are?

It is very strange there are no larp shops in London! I'm from italy, and in rome we've two large shops and a few small. I thought england will be fine for a roleplayer!

There are plenty of shops doing tabletop roleplaying games.
The people selling live action kit tend to sell by mail order (so online) or by travelling to the various fests and events and running a stall there.

Julian

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jwiffen @ cisco.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Nov 3 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 119

There is an event run every so often called 'Foreign Fields' (there was one only 2 weeks back) where loads of suppliers meet up in one place and you can get all sorts of stuff.

Couldn't tell you much more than 'google Foreign Fields' - It is further than London, but you wouldnt get better than a fair with lots of different sellers there!

Carlo

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Nov 3 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Carlo @ Nov 3 2009, 09:46 AM) *
There is an event run every so often called 'Foreign Fields' (there was one only 2 weeks back) where loads of suppliers meet up in one place and you can get all sorts of stuff.

Couldn't tell you much more than 'google Foreign Fields' - It is further than London, but you wouldnt get better than a fair with lots of different sellers there!

Carlo

The next foreign fields event is in February (weekend of the 13th and 14th) in Bristol. Full details on the foreign fields website (www.foreign-field.co.uk/market.html).

We'll be there trading with Primal Forge

(I'll see if I can get the address of the main shop in Copenhagen. Its been a while since we've been there, but its a pretty big store, over three floors and Games Workshop had to put up with being squeezed into a corner of the 3rd floor).

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Nov 4 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

I think most trading is done t LRP events, there is quite a few so the suppliers all meet up to trade at them. Most of the other LRP sales are done online, there is a lot of online shops but I think very few companies have the required stock and demand to run a dedicated store.

Stuart

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Nov 5 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #15

Legend

Member No.: 446

Amir
No LRP shops exist in London because of the cost of land. It represents a huge ovrhead that reaps very little benefit in terms of additional sales generated. Most LRPers in the UK visit events or buy on-line.

Out of interest - would you post details on the shops in italy?

David

+Quote Post
post Nov 11 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #16

Group:

Yes!

In Rome we have two main shops, which are linked to the main events of 3/4 days we have in Italy ( a sort of italian version of the drachen fest).

- Le Rune, www.lerune.it, which has items from lots of italian and european LARP brands, like Le Parche, Palnatoke, Mytholon, Forgotten Realms. It is also the main retailer for Boars, which is the italian most famous and skilled producer of latex weapons and armors ( if you want i can show you some photos, they seem really amazing also to german people! Obviously, they are quite expensive!);
- La Fucina del drago, www.fucinadeldrago.it, which has manly homemade weapons and armor.However, in last times it has started to sell brand items, mainly from Palnatoke.
They are very good for costumes, armors and weapons, and they have sometimes some nice particular accessories.
Moreover, in Rome we have some small shops which sell medieval armors and a few larp stuff. Italy, in general, has also plenty of shops selling medieval and renaissance items of all prices, usually very good for Scrima and historical reconstruction. Gubbio and San Marino are the best places to go ( we organize sometimes week ends to go around and buy something). www.medioevo.com is a pretty good online shops for such stuff, but it is more expensive than the local shops.
However, I still need a bow and the arrows biggrin.gif:
1) can you tell me the address of the shop in Copenhagen? And, can you tell me an online shop where I can buy arrows at a lower price than Italy? They used to be very expensive ( 8,5 euro, sometimes 9!);
2) do you know where I can buy a longbow in england, or a similar historical bow?
Thanks!

P.s.: if you want some more information about italian larp and events, im glad to answer to all your questions, as we organize something really nice!

+Quote Post
saracentruth
post Nov 11 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #17

Militiaman

Member No.: 595

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 11 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Yes!

In Rome we have two main shops, which are linked to the main events of 3/4 days we have in Italy ( a sort of italian version of the drachen fest).

- Le Rune, www.lerune.it, which has items from lots of italian and european LARP brands, like Le Parche, Palnatoke, Mytholon, Forgotten Realms. It is also the main retailer for Boars, which is the italian most famous and skilled producer of latex weapons and armors ( if you want i can show you some photos, they seem really amazing also to german people! Obviously, they are quite expensive!);
- La Fucina del drago, www.fucinadeldrago.it, which has manly homemade weapons and armor.However, in last times it has started to sell brand items, mainly from Palnatoke.
They are very good for costumes, armors and weapons, and they have sometimes some nice particular accessories.
Moreover, in Rome we have some small shops which sell medieval armors and a few larp stuff. Italy, in general, has also plenty of shops selling medieval and renaissance items of all prices, usually very good for Scrima and historical reconstruction. Gubbio and San Marino are the best places to go ( we organize sometimes week ends to go around and buy something). www.medioevo.com is a pretty good online shops for such stuff, but it is more expensive than the local shops.
1) can you tell me the address of the shop in Copenhagen? And, can you tell me an online shop where I can buy arrows at a lower price than Italy? They used to be very expensive ( 8,5 euro, sometimes 9!);
2) do you know where I can buy a longbow in england, or a similar historical bow?
Thanks!

P.s.: if you want some more information about italian larp and events, im glad to answer to all your questions, as we organize something really nice!

for bows, try googling these :
bowsports
quicks archery
something I cant remember that sounds like 'perrys'

I did have accounts with them all, but haven't really sold anything like that in a little while and so it's probably easier for you to go direct. bowsports is a good site, and quicks also have a good site direct.

Please note that you can't use a bow down the caves, it needs a 'flat' trajectory like a crossbow. And the maximum poundage in any case is approx 26-28lb. Some bows are more sutiable than others for overland, incidentally, and you might find it difficult to purchase a 'traditional' bow with that low a poundage, possibly a 'junior' bow such as the wooden trainer bows or maybe a petron )(but not the silly blue plastic one).

--------------------
Regards, Dan.

For those that know, or care:
Talen, of the Duron. 99% Human. Ranger. | Zhoto Dzen. Human. Monk. | "Old Ma". Human, female, about 80 years old give or take a decade. Midwife. | Rotundulous. Winter Elf, Warlock. "but I'm telling you, my arm *is* broken" | Forty One. Human. Warrior(Pit Fighter). unlettered and uncultured, but good to his friends (a new idea to him) | Recolo. Alfar (Light, but aspires to be as the original Alfar). Forest Guardian. | Book, Prophet of The Word. Human. Errr, Prophet ;)

+Quote Post
Oberon
post Jul 3 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #18

Nightsoil

Member No.: 6,062

QUOTE(Amir @ Nov 11 2009, 02:29 AM) *
Yes!

Thanks!

Hi I know this is a very old post, but any chance you are still in London and interested in attending LARPs? I am a fellow Italian smile.gif

+Quote Post
stomperwombat
post Jul 3 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #19

Peon

Member No.: 4,896

QUOTE(abyatt @ Nov 3 2009, 01:15 AM) *
There isn't one I'm afraid.
There's currently only one LRP shop, which is linked to LRP Store and is more of a part-time store / part-time warehouse.

there are three highstreet stores in Copenhagen - but I doubt that's too much help!

the closest to a store near London is the caves display cabinets.

Andy

Try the Viking store Our shop is open from Monday to Friday 10:30am-6:30pm
and Saturdays from 12pm-6pm

119 Wood Street
Walthamstow
E17 3LL
London
United Kingdom

Got a question or problem? Need Assistance? Please use the email below to contact us.

Sales@thevikingstore.co.uk

0044+ 208 521 6991
(Usual hours 11am-5pm) Mon-Friday
(Usual hours 12:30-17:30) Saturday

Unless this store has closed recently?

Stomps

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Jul 3 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(saracentruth @ Nov 11 2009, 09:39 AM) *
for bows, try googling these :
bowsports
quicks archery
something I cant remember that sounds like 'perrys'

I did have accounts with them all, but haven't really sold anything like that in a little while and so it's probably easier for you to go direct. bowsports is a good site, and quicks also have a good site direct.

Please note that you can't use a bow down the caves, it needs a 'flat' trajectory like a crossbow. And the maximum poundage in any case is approx 26-28lb. Some bows are more sutiable than others for overland, incidentally, and you might find it difficult to purchase a 'traditional' bow with that low a poundage, possibly a 'junior' bow such as the wooden trainer bows or maybe a petron )(but not the silly blue plastic one).

'Perris'

None of the archery shops will sell larp arrows though. Loads in the cabinets down the caves last time I looked

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.1k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 570pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:58 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins