IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A Letter - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Letter, Arrives at the cradle
dnsmantra
post May 8 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

To the faithful of Mortai,

So, this is all a bit new to me, and somewhat of a pleasant shock after all these years, but I had a visitor this morning, who it turns out was my mother. I can't say I ever expected her to ever show up, given it's been, fifty years or so, though I always had this feeling she was watching somehow. She seems like she's been pretty hurt in the past, so I think she needs my support if I can give it. I showed her how to make the tall elegant candles for the abbey and all the bees we keep and that seemed to make her happy. The bees like her at least, they buzzed away happily and didn't even try to sting her. It seems we have that in common at least. Anyway, now that I'm somewhat over the shock, and happiness, I have a couple of questions to ask.

What's it like being a noble? Do I have to do anything different or can I just stay in the abbey and help the brothers & sisters and local people? I hope not. I like it here and it's home, though it would be nice to see some more of the world. Sorry if that sounds foolish, but I haven't ventured far from the abbey in all my life, and we don't get many, if any, noble visitors.

Also, apparently you know my father and can help me arrange to visit him. His name is Arvalath. According to mother, he doesn't know I'm alive, since something really bad happened to her, that she doesn't want to talk about just yet, mere days after I was born, so it might be somewhat of a shock.

Many thanks, and thanks also for giving mother the courage to finally come and see me. She speaks very highly of you all.

Samuel Wetherlaine

P.S. The name feels odd. I think it's going to take a while to get used to it. Rivers just feels a whole lot more familiar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlanG
post May 9 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

Samuel,

Your mother has been a victim of many foul and horrendous abuses at the hands of a most evil man. Your love and support will no doubt be vital in helping her recover from her terrible ordeal.

Lady Almarissa has shown great strength though and even bound by many dark pacts and tainted by undeath, she fought to find some way of breaking free. Thankfully through the rite of Shoravall, she has now been returned to her true form, able to live her life as she wants.

I am glad Lady Almarissa has found some happiness in making elegant candles with you and you should not be surprised that your bees buzzed away happily in her company as House Thyrll were famed for keeping bees and the manufacture of candles, honey and other waxworks.

As for being a Noble, it is your choice as to if you stay in the abbey or seek to travel the world. If you do wish to travel, you are more than welcome to visit me on the Isle of Lathenthwaite. It would be my pleasure to meet you.

You should travel to The Cradle in the Bildteve Highlands and speak with Lithmore or Eliane if you wish to meet with Arvalath.

Victor Somas.

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post May 9 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 111

Victor,

My thanks for your helpful words and sound advice. I shall seek to talk to one of the two of whom you speak and try to plan a visit. Lathenthwaite sounds interesting. I have a newly drawn map of the Empire kindly gifted to me and I think I'd enjoy the view the lake might afford. Perhaps I shall petition the father abbot to undertake a pilgrimage to holy sights around the Empire and on the way pay a visit to Lathenswaite and the Cradle.

Thanks once again. I'm sure I'll get used to this in time, and it's nice to know I can stay in the abbey. Perhaps some of you should come and visit, sister pithy does the most amazing spread of home made cheeses, and brother vintner's port is second to none, at least none I've ever tasted.

Humbly,

Samuel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:01 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins