IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Ash and Dust - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ash and Dust, Inner Halgar
Will
post Apr 4 2018, 09:22 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

“Do you really think all this precaution is needed?”

The Necroscope looked up, indicating with a nod that the last pace forward was probably invasive for whatever reason.

“I’ll stand back here then. But I would have thought the inner city wards would be protection enough.” Ruffled and admonished, Castus smoothed down his vestment and ensured the Benefactum crest was flourished.

The Malefactum representative sighed distractedly behind a very contrived Second age mask of office.

Unpeeling gloves and discarding a lizard skin apron, the Seer placed his hand gently upon the shoulder of a heavy set corpse laid out on an alabaster slab. The lighting in the chamber increased slightly.

“Thankyou. If you wish to have your scribes ready I will present the knowledge I have.

Here lies the body of the Mercenary named Ash and Dust of Stars. Of Silverfolk flesh and thought, worshipping the Creator under the auspice and doctrine of St Michael and wielding light, of holy intensity. He is not osctracised or wolfshead. There is no debt to be paid. There is no relative to collect the body. It appears this body was last walking as an undead mockery of the living self. Despite this, the strength of will carried through that death and the corruption struggled in some way. I believe his aura is that of Light; this is probably why he cannot return.”

“Explain? Should he have benefitted from a Restore Life miracle?” The Benefactum scribe looked up at Castus’ question.

“Yes. But there is a clammering within the threads of this existence. There are a fair few souls staking claim to be reborn. Enough to drag Ash and Dust beyond the reach of any mortal power”

The Malefactum representative leaned forward “Is this why I have been summoned to the reading of this anathema? Today is looking up. What morsels do you have that make this our business?”

“Not all of the clammering souls are light of heart.

Decades ago, a lie was perpetuated. The Czarnian Church, notorious for Heimrich, Meltcurion and others was built on lies. No real power except what people wanted to believe. Hold your enemy close. Don’t challenge them for fear of unleashing something worse. The leader of the church, Lobo was quite powerless apart from the level of fear and confusion he spread with mere words. His short life was notorious enough however to grant him a state funeral of pomp and circumstance, oh and a rather grandiose tomb, dwarfing those around it. As with all lies however, the quality of the masonry was as poor as the foundations it stood upon. It has become Dust.

The Kesselharn House, where it appeared, disturbed the First soul that has claim upon this husk lying before us.”

The Malefactum and the Benefactum agents looked at each other.

“Ash and Dust of Stars was strong enough to carry all of this before. To struggle in undeath as he did, I believe would break any of light heart.”

“Lobo was nothing. I’m not opening a file on him. It’s less than a morsel”

“As you wish Sir. Madam.”

The Necroscope drank from a bulbous bottle of red fluid, leaving two bulbs of sanguine restorative. Placing it within the folds of his robe, he bowed and left.

“Return the husk to the Church of St Michael.” Castus waited for his scribe to confirm he understood, then followed others out of the room

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:43 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins