IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
IC> An opportunity to gather - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC> An opportunity to gather
OxMatt
post Oct 21 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

Dear brothers and sisters,

My apologies if I am speaking out of turn. However, it occured to me recently that we have not met together for a little while - and there is a matter that needs attending to quite urgently.

As members of the Church of Shaehan and my Church are already aware, a Shaehani angel is being held captive against his or her will by an evil rite. For reasons beyond our control, my Church has been unable as yet to tend to this matter.

While it may not be possible to free the angel without first dealing with some other matters, it may well be helpful for a journey to be made to the site of its captivity. Perhaps our family might undertake such a task?

Again, I apologise if this does not seem appropriate, or if plans are already in place by the Churches of Shaehan or Mortai about which I am not aware.

May you ever walk in starlight,

Ignatius Loyola
Priest of Varda
Priest of Nienna
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Oct 21 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

Ignatius dear,

Thank you for this suggestion. I have been deep in prayer for some time now over this very matter. Severlious is his name. I know that currently he is in no pain or torment due to his captivity, but I would much rather he and any others that can also be aided were freed from their prisons.

I have received word from the guild reeve that he has tried to contact family members inorder to have us gather together soon.

If those that will be attending would rather not attempt this please speak up.

Go Gentle all
Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post
post Oct 21 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

If I am there I will help. No being should be held against their will.

Fin

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Oct 21 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Viper

Member No.: 36

Ignatius

Do you know of any means by which the angel may be freed or the rite otherwise interfered with?

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Oct 21 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

I can impart this much..

He is doing fine. He is calm and unagitated. Indeed, most of the time he seems to be meditating.
I know on some level that I can speak with him, but have not yet tried to. I have no idea if he will be able to reply.
What I can say though is that I get no sense of him knowing of others that may be held as he is. Nor do I sense that he considers himself trapped. Though the responses I have been receiving are more emotive than actual words. It is entirely possible that something is interfering with them.

I have sought my Ladys council on this last matter. I have been given to understand that there may be two others being held thus. From what the Lady has been able to communicate to me I can see no reason that freeing Her Angel should have any impact on the others at all. Although, depending on how it is done it may have an impact on the Severlious itself.

I am sorry I can not be more specific, but I have very limited means of communication, and as Severlious himself does not seem to be aware of his surroundings, or that he has been imprisoned, it has made it quite frustrating.

I am currently still with in Halgar, having postponed my trip to Sellaville so I will keep trying to communicate with him, and hopefully confirm or deny some of the possibilities that have occured to me. Once I have more news I will let you all know.

Go Gentle my dears
Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 21 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #6

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Hmm someone held against their will, thats mean
Especially if they dont deserve it

Now I know I run the Companions these days, but 've been a member for a long time, and I thought that maybe I can help

I can, if needed to be, see visions of what may come to pass. Its a fairly complex elixir, details of which I wont go into. Now, I dont like taking it too often, as I have seen horrible, horrible things. I have seen thigns which cant be, and things which shouldnt be. I have also seen wonderous things, and helped people with insight

If you want me to find out whatI can, I will, I just need a little guidance as to what

Anthony
Maiden Witch of the Coven of Ainesford

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Oct 21 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Thank you for your kind offer Anthony,

I have called to Severlious, but it may take some time for him to respond, if he can, as he is still deep in some sort of meditation.

I am loathe to ask you to take something that may harm you or cause you pain or distress. Especially as there is as yet no clear path for us to take or guidance to give you. But again, thank you for your offer.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Oct 21 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Viper

Ignatius,

It is obvious that you and your faith have had dealings with this rite before. This is I am sure a highly emotive issue to many of us at thought of such a noble being held captive, but I must ask people to try to focus on the specifics a bit more.

So I ask you specifically, do you know answers to any of the following -

Who is holding the angel captive?

Why are they doing so?

Are any others held captive?

How might a captive be released?

Have you any idea how the rite might be ended if this differs from just releasing people?

What preparations would you advise for those expecting to run into conflict with the group concerned?

Anthony

Can I suggest trying regular communications before your elixir of dangerous visions. To be honest I advise against using such a thing - the vision of a possible future just causes people anguish and suffering and leads to some doing muddle headed things because they start thinking a horrible outcome is an inevitable future. I would not use it unless we are really stuck for clues.

Kenobi

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 21 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #9

Post Police

QUOTE(JulianW @ Oct 21 2008, 05:55 PM) *
Anthony

Can I suggest trying regular communications before your elixir of dangerous visions. To be honest I advise against using such a thing - the vision of a possible future just causes people anguish and suffering and leads to some doing muddle headed things because they start thinking a horrible outcome is an inevitable future. I would not use it unless we are really stuck for clues.

Kenobi

Sometimes when no path is clear, it can bring answers. I can sometiems see answers when the ansking of questions does not provide what we want.
But yes I agree. It isnt always the best course of action

Just let me know, I'm fairly good with communications... well I say that...

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Oct 21 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #10

Group:

Obviously it's lovely having you around again mistress, and I'm sure I can get some more red in.
Anyway, I'll gleefully follow you to give these evil doers a right proper talking to. Can't go around imprisoning angels and that.
Still, better angels then real folk, eh?

So. Do we know where we've got to go? Should I get the coach arranged?

Anyone else from the Gothiel side of the world know anything about what's been going on & whose left who tied up....?

With all the ladies love,

Melesh

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 21 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #11

Hero

Kenobi,

I will happily share what I know, but I wish to ascertain the security of our halls first. Am I right in believing that no one outside of our fellowship has access to these communications - short of scrying to see what i am saying and suchlike, of course?

Yours,

Ignatius

OOC> I assume this post is 'closed' in IC terms?

+Quote Post
sonof
post Oct 22 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #12

GSM

Member No.: 54

I (as bloke reffing) won't use anything said here as general gossip that peopel can easily find out about.

Son of

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Oct 22 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #13

Viper

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Oct 21 2008, 11:55 PM) *
Kenobi,

I will happily share what I know, but I wish to ascertain the security of our halls first. Am I right in believing that no one outside of our fellowship has access to these communications - short of scrying to see what i am saying and suchlike, of course?

Yours,

Ignatius

OOC> I assume this post is 'closed' in IC terms?

Ignatius

I believe these halls are private enough. Please explain what you know, especially concerning the release of people from these ritual prisons if your faith has had previous details on such.

Kenobi

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Oct 22 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #14

Group:

Kenobi et al,

A brief summary of what i can remember off the top of my head/

the person holding these people captive is an individual who is trying to become a god, replacing the old Void God. I am not entirely sure of his real name - I tend to refer to him as "the North Shadow", or Toutatis (though that's the name of a tribe he controls). He's evil, plain and simple, and he desires godhood, dominion over others etcetera. There really yisn't any moral ambiguity here. However he is also ridiculously powerful and pretty much unkillable without breakingthrough a lot of protective rites he has on him - plus he is a coward who will run if it looks like someone might be in with a chance of doing so.

He has captured various people whom he uses to empower some very potent undead. The people he captures aren't themselves evil, but he can leech off their power and twist it to his own ends - for example, one of his previous captives was a gold mage, and he empowered undead with gold magic as a result.

One of the other people held captive by him is Thomas of Grace. Thomas found a way to put himself in the place of one of the gold mage mentioned above, but not how to get someone out entirely, which is why he is there, and why we haven't got the captives out yet.

I would expect, if I was going with you (which I think I probably won't be) to meet a lot of undead, mostly of the 6th and 7th rank with assorted powers that I will explain elsewhere, members of the tribes subjugated by this Northshadow bloke and possibly frost elves, unles the church and its allies have managed to chase them off completely.

Bea

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 22 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #15

Hero

Kenobi,

I apologise for my caution. I am wary of spreading some of the information that the Church has gathered too far.

Bea has explained in broad terms what we have found out. I believe she is misremembering on one account - Thomas replaced a priest of our faith in one of the rituals, not the gold mage, who is still imprisoned. He is still imprisoned because our Lady suggested to us in communications that the only true way to break the rituals finally and utterly was to attack the centre of the Toutatis strength, which is extremely dangerous. For some reason that I do not fully understand, the only way we found to free a prisoner was to replace them with someone else - hence the gold mage returning to his imprisonment (voluntarily, for which he is in our prayers) and Thomas replacing the priest of our faith.

It may be possible to free the angel completely, however, as the Lady simply informed us that we did not possess the means to free the captives at that time ourselves. Someone with Latona's abilities, or Tanis', or so forth, might well be able to do so, I do not know.

Bea has kindly agreed to scribe as much of the detail on the many different kinds of undead that we have met as possible. There have been a broad range. Perhaps the two most deadly have been those of the seventh rank called 'Souls of Destruction', which make wounds festering and unhealable (although I believe we may have destroyed the ritual that enables them to be created now, I am not sure) and those of the sixth rank named 'Shards of Darkness', which have miracles bound to them and cannot be permanently destroyed until their animating scrolls are read. This has been difficult, as some of these scrolls are evil, and no one in the Church is capable of reading them. On a number of occasions we have simply had to avoid said 'Shards of Darkness', lacking a permanent way to destroy them.

The preparations I would advise simply consist of making sure that we are well briefed on the creatures of undeath that we are likely to meet, and the main protagonists of the Toutatis. For example, it is very important to know that if we meet the currently unkillable shaman of the Toutatis, no-one should embody an angel or other supernatural creature, because he can kill such very easily. Similarly, if we encounter his champion/chieftan, people should be aware that he wields a purely necromantic blade with great force and fury. I am likely to remember this as he slew me the last time we met.

In sum then, we may be able to free the angel, who will be empowering the creatures of undeath in some fashion and strengthening the Toutatis in their schemes. If we cannot, we will at least be able to ascertain more about what is happening, as the Lady has already informed us that information will be able to be found in the vicnity of the different rituals.

Lastly - Anthony and others - I would recommend caution in communing about these matters. I believe, although Bea will be able to confirm this or correct me, that communing about the centre of this ritual is extraordinarily dangerous and unpleasant. If I recall correctly it had ill effects on both Falorn and Aurora when they attempted it a few months ago.

I hope this is helpful,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Oct 22 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #16

Viper

Thank you Ignatius, this is as I suspected.

I think I know the ability you require to be able to release people.

We need someone who can summon an angel to them for a short time. Such a being can likely replace one of the captives, but will then be whisked away to its heavenly home as they cannot remain on Primus for too long.

As to this unkillable shaman, tell me more about him and how battles with him have gone in the past.

Kenobi

--------------------

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 22 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #17

Hero

Kenobi,

You may be correct. We hypothesised about that when we attempted to free the gold mage, and realised to our chagrin that none of our number could perform such an act.

As for the shaman, I am not as well informed as I would like. Again, Bea may have to correct me. My understand is that he has performed a despicable ritual, called the 'Rite Of The Heart Without', involving the mutilation of a small child. This has made him essentially unkillable until the rite is broken. Falorn believes she has found a way to break the rite, which if I understand correctly involves some ability that Tanis possesses. I will ask her to give me the full details. I am not entirely sure what happened the last time we fought the shaman, because I was fighting the chieftan who slew me, but as I understand it we destroyed every last bit of his life essence except the final strand that could not be taken because of the Rite, and then he fled with the body of his chieftan, having killed Mithaniel Wintersong with the blade he possesses which kills angels and other supernatural creatures with ease.

Bea may be able to fill in more details, and I will do so once I have asked for full information from Falorn.

May you ever walk in starlight,

Ignatius

Addendum: I believe that the shaman *may* be vulnerable to ranged miracles, but that he is capable of casting and renewing an extremely strong spiritual shield which largely negates this vulnerability. I will confirm whether this is still the case.

My apologies again for the patchiness of my replies. Due to the breadth and complexities of the Toutatis' plans, and the rites they possess which often shield them from scrying, the information that the Church possesses is the result of many months of investigation. It has sometimes been difficult to 'put the pieces together'. Rest assured that I am making inquiries, however, and will possess all of the relevant information that we need by the time we muster.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 22 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #18

Post Police

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Oct 22 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Lastly - Anthony and others - I would recommend caution in communing about these matters. I believe, although Bea will be able to confirm this or correct me, that communing about the centre of this ritual is extraordinarily dangerous and unpleasant. If I recall correctly it had ill effects on both Falorn and Aurora when they attempted it a few months ago.

AH ok

I dont like scrying much anyway
I've been seriously hurt before

I'll keep things easy then, and do nothing for now

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Oct 27 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Ladies and Gentlemen of the guild,

I have received information from Laton who has asked me to pass them on to you as she can't remember if she's mentioned them.

She has said to mention that Sevelious is currently in the far north and has been for approximately 8 months. She has a rough idea were he is apparently.

Apparently he is dedicated to healing and alliviating the suffering of undead. Especially, he can allow them to be laid to rest in such a way they could be restored to life afterwards. She thought it might be important for you to know this.

Remus
Guild Archivist

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Oct 27 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 198

Sorry to butt in but wouldn't that mean another undead can be summoned into the body as well as meaning they could be restored to life?
Bea, Ignatious,
May well mean why no matter what we have done the undead never appear diminished.
Good Luck all who travel to assist in the destruction of the Toutatis or the saving of this Angel.
In Starlight,
Zhara

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:49 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins