IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Reports - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reports, Write things! Earn Grulls!
Onasuma
post Dec 31 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

Starting from the 2nd of January, we shall be starting a small initiative in young players to try to get you all more involved with the plot of the day.

Simply put, we, as referees, shall have access to a pot of grulls which we will be rewarding for reports written about what occured on dungeon. Depending on how good the report is, we are able to award up to 5000 grulls. However, there is a twist! None of the referee team will be judging your reports, we shall be handing them to a member of the community and asking them to interpret the dungeon based on your report. If they can, brilliant! If they cant, not so much... Remember, because of this it is important you use proper punctuation and spelling to ensure your report is high quality.

Submissions will have a small in character thread where you can post up reports of your daily exploits, an example of which will be linked HERE once its written and either every month or every two months, we will have a post announcing who has earned what from which reports they have written.

We hope this will encourage you to engage with the plot more on the day and try to hang onto it for a bit longer as you've got to get home before you can type it up. So keep notes, investigate things and write lots of reports.

Peter Long
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Dec 31 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Dec 31 2011, 01:07 PM) *
Starting from the 2nd of January, we shall be starting a small initiative in young players to try to get you all more involved with the plot of the day.

Simply put, we, as referees, shall have access to a pot of grulls which we will be rewarding for reports written about what occured on dungeon. Depending on how good the report is, we are able to award up to 5000 grulls. However, there is a twist! None of the referee team will be judging your reports, we shall be handing them to a member of the community and asking them to interpret the dungeon based on your report. If they can, brilliant! If they cant, not so much... Remember, because of this it is important you use proper punctuation and spelling to ensure your report is high quality.

Submissions will have a small in character thread where you can post up reports of your daily exploits, an example of which will be linked HERE once its written and either every month or every two months, we will have a post announcing who has earned what from which reports they have written.

We hope this will encourage you to engage with the plot more on the day and try to hang onto it for a bit longer as you've got to get home before you can type it up. So keep notes, investigate things and write lots of reports.

Peter Long

How much quantity and what kind of level written?

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Dec 31 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 259

QUOTE(adya @ Dec 31 2011, 02:53 PM) *
How much quantity and what kind of level written?

There is an IC example Here That Pete posted earlier. This is the kind of thing we are after.

Any other questions, let us know.

Andie

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes.
~ William Gibson ~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox's Box
Fantasy Couture

Tailors and Clothiers to the Mercenary Community at large since IM1008.

All inquiries by elemental to Fox's Nymphs.

Bespoke hand-made costume, made to your specifications. As seen in the caves and on the catwalks of Kent. Order books are now reopened and current lead time is 8 weeks! Click the above link to email me your inquiries, check out current stock on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FoxsBoxCostume?ref=shop_sugg Or check for updates and photo's by searching "Fox's Box" on Facebook Thank you.

+Quote Post
post Dec 31 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Group:

QUOTE(Andrea @ Dec 31 2011, 03:02 PM) *
There is an IC example Here That Pete posted earlier. This is the kind of thing we are after.

Any other questions, let us know.

Andie

And we post it on that thread?

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Dec 31 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 259

Yes please Adam.

Andie

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes.
~ William Gibson ~

Fox's Box
Fantasy Couture

Tailors and Clothiers to the Mercenary Community at large since IM1008.

All inquiries by elemental to Fox's Nymphs.

Bespoke hand-made costume, made to your specifications. As seen in the caves and on the catwalks of Kent. Order books are now reopened and current lead time is 8 weeks! Click the above link to email me your inquiries, check out current stock on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FoxsBoxCostume?ref=shop_sugg Or check for updates and photo's by searching "Fox's Box" on Facebook Thank you.

+Quote Post
post Jan 4 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #6

Group:

Just posted first report on IC forum biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 25 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #7

Legend

As a reminder to people, you can write up reports for any YP dungeons you have been on. We havent had nay submissions since Jan 2nd. Please dont think you havent been rewarded for those btw, cash is dolled out at the end of each month.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
daork
post Jan 25 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,807

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Jan 25 2012, 04:39 PM) *
As a reminder to people, you can write up reports for any YP dungeons you have been on. We havent had nay submissions since Jan 2nd. Please dont think you havent been rewarded for those btw, cash is dolled out at the end of each month.

Peter Long

the reason i didn't write one is because i wasn't there in the morning

dan

--------------------
Dan Hunt

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Group:

I didn't cause my character was afraid of punishment.

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 25 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #10

Legend

You dont have to justify it to me, its just worth cash and no ones been taking up the offers.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #11

Group:

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Jan 25 2012, 06:29 PM) *
You dont have to justify it to me, its just worth cash and no ones been taking up the offers.

Peter Long

I just can't be bothered.
smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #12

Group:

Also I wanna see how well my first one did so then I can do better biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #13

Group:

QUOTE(adya @ Jan 25 2012, 05:52 PM) *
I didn't cause my character was afraid of punishment.

I like this role play.

To confirm though, we have had a lot of chat amongst the refs, and as nobody struck a blow or intended any harm, nobody is at risk of being outlawed or killed. There will also not be a massive fine like the Ishma situation that was mentioned. I think we're more or less decided on what will happen next and I don't think you will find it horrendous.

+Quote Post
Charliebucknell
post Jan 25 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #14

Levy

Member No.: 721

QUOTE(Ezrekia @ Jan 25 2012, 08:35 PM) *
I like this role play.

To confirm though, we have had a lot of chat amongst the refs, and as nobody struck a blow or intended any harm, nobody is at risk of being outlawed or killed. There will also not be a massive fine like the Ishma situation that was mentioned. I think we're more or less decided on what will happen next and I don't think you will find it horrendous.

For those who are bothered, IC, are the reports for 'public' viewing? I apologise for not being able to come sown recently but I have had coursework and multiple internal exams :-(. Sorry for the slightly off topic bit.

Will there be a feedback form on reports that have been written as to tell us how to do better?

Thanks

CB

--------------------
CB

"Do you fear death?" Davy Jones

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 25 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #15

Legend

Reports are publicly viewable from an IC persepctive. Brass Company are paying for them so other mercenaries can read and learn from them.

There will be feedback on reports, Ill be doing it on the 1st of each month (or as closely as I can).

Peter Long

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #16

Group:

QUOTE(Aeon @ Jan 25 2012, 06:31 PM) *
I just can't be bothered.
smile.gif

This attitude is not helpful. If you don't want to write one don't, but keep opinions and views like these to yourself. It's not big or clever.

+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #17

Group:

QUOTE(daork @ Jan 25 2012, 04:55 PM) *
the reason i didn't write one is because i wasn't there in the morning

dan

Dan, if you're only there for one section, then feel free to write a report of what happened for just that section. You might only get half of the grulls you might otherwise have received, but if yours is the only report then the pot will be split between fewer characters and we might be able to be more generous! As long as you explain IC that you missed the first part of the day and caught up with them about lunch time it's all good.

+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #18

Group:

QUOTE(Ezrekia @ Jan 26 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Dan, if you're only there for one section, then feel free to write a report of what happened for just that section. You might only get half of the grulls you might otherwise have received, but if yours is the only report then the pot will be split between fewer characters and we might be able to be more generous! As long as you explain IC that you missed the first part of the day and caught up with them about lunch time it's all good.

If you wanted to you could make up some random exscuse

+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Group:

What I thought of doing when im only there for one section is that i found a note telling me about whhat happend
In the afternoon/morning from a monster, (if you are monstering the other section!)

Thanks

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 26 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #20

Legend

If two players wanted to get together and write a report between them so as to cover the full day, that would work equally well.

Peter Long

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins