IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Idea - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Idea
duncanmatthias
post Jan 16 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #21

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

There are basically 6 clans. One a year is bi-monthly, two a year is one a month.
I'll be honest 1 a month sounds like a lot.

Panama,
Crane,
Snake,
Lion,
Ox,
Jade dragon,

Duncan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Jan 16 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #22

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

One a year for each clan it is. Easy.

- Pace

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Jan 16 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,111

Coj could do a joint one?

QUOTE(duncanmatthias @ Jan 16 2018, 11:12 AM) *
There are basically 6 clans. One a year is bi-monthly, two a year is one a month.
I'll be honest 1 a month sounds like a lot.

Panama,
Crane,
Snake,
Lion,
Ox,
Jade dragon,

Duncan

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Xue Yanshi- crazy fairy Kensai with death wish
Ningyou Dansu - Crane Daimyo- Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post
JHouse
post Jan 16 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #24

Levy

Member No.: 438

This post is, ofc, OOC:

To be specific about the idea, we were thinking about booking a single length adventure set in The Snake Clan palace (and would hope that people would be encouraged to do the same later in the year - I think it would be cool if it was almost every month. I also think it would be cool if there was also one arranged by the NPC Jade Court where the Emporer would be able to speak with people that solicit an audience). The idea is to get away from the standard, standing in the cafe, drinking in costume forum. Booked as a single length no max, there will be a referee and the potential of combat but we all know playing orientals that the roleplay bit is often the most deadly. There will be no planned monsters but the Amalas Plot Team are ofc more than welcome to throw in some spice should they feel its absolutely needed.

The IC concept would be (reminding this post is all OOC) that (should) the Jade Court confirm a new Daymio for the Snake Clan and that being the guy formally known as Sensai, I would like an opportunity to meet anyone who has a clan member that they wish to formally introduce or for any characters who represent other factions to come and renew alliances with our clan, should that faction wish to (other Clans, councils, traders, foreigners or whatever).

What do people think of this slightly more specific idea?

John H
aka Sensai, but probably Lord Zu from now, just so you all know wink.gif

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jan 16 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #25

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

I think that I am putting together various package options for Pacey currently.

I also think there is a huge difference between single length "no max role play dungeon" and forum with a dueling circle, or forum. Each of the three will attract a different clientele.

D

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jan 16 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #26

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

QUOTE(JHouse @ Jan 16 2018, 01:20 PM) *
This post is, ofc, OOC:

To be specific about the idea, we were thinking about booking a single length adventure set in The Snake Clan palace (and would hope that people would be encouraged to do the same later in the year - I think it would be cool if it was almost every month. I also think it would be cool if there was also one arranged by the NPC Jade Court where the Emporer would be able to speak with people that solicit an audience). The idea is to get away from the standard, standing in the cafe, drinking in costume forum. Booked as a single length no max, there will be a referee and the potential of combat but we all know playing orientals that the roleplay bit is often the most deadly. There will be no planned monsters but the Amalas Plot Team are ofc more than welcome to throw in some spice should they feel its absolutely needed.

The IC concept would be (reminding this post is all OOC) that (should) the Jade Court confirm a new Daymio for the Snake Clan and that being the guy formally known as Sensai, I would like an opportunity to meet anyone who has a clan member that they wish to formally introduce or for any characters who represent other factions to come and renew alliances with our clan, should that faction wish to (other Clans, councils, traders, foreigners or whatever).

What do people think of this slightly more specific idea?
John H
aka Sensai, but probably Lord Zu from now, just so you all know wink.gif

Doesn't something almost exactly like this happen at the beginning of every Amlas game anyway? Normally it takes up the first hour of the day as we roll through plot and mediating issues and role play. Is there really a need for something that does this exclusively?

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Jan 16 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #27

Militiaman

QUOTE(LauraSB @ Jan 16 2018, 01:09 PM) *
Coj could do a joint one?

Yeah that would be great!

+Quote Post
JHouse
post Jan 16 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #28

Levy

Member No.: 438

QUOTE(Abel @ Jan 16 2018, 01:41 PM) *
Doesn't something almost exactly like this happen at the beginning of every Amlas game anyway? Normally it takes up the first hour of the day as we roll through plot and mediating issues and role play. Is there really a need for something that does this exclusively?

Fair point, but I feel the two are different. The brief is limited as we do eventually go and have to do what is inevitably the will of the Jade Court (its the only thing that gets us out of the brief) it also lacks all the formal etiquette that the Oriental side of the game should have (this may be due to peoples differing opinions in character as to the future of the Jade Empire).

The idea would be more towards actually speaking to each others characters to gain the oppotunity to create in character relationships across a points spread rather than doing some token bows and furiously comm about the next Oni threat before filing off to deal wit it. Maybe with more of these we may even get our actual dungeons started before midday wink.gif

John

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Jan 16 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #29

Militiaman

QUOTE(Abel @ Jan 16 2018, 01:41 PM) *

A few points in reply:

- This would hopefully help avoid the whole three hour brief that only 20% of the party can get involved with which I know a lot of people get really bored with (understandably!)
- If you're paying good dollar you might as well earn a few points for it but if theres no threat then no points.
- We are not building it as a PVP event but the threat should be there for the eastern system. There should be more than just etiquette that stops me mouthing off to someone 5k above me on points. lol.
- We are hoping to add more emersion to the system and make the CoJ/Amlas culture more realistic and involved. The difference in clans is one of the highlights of that part of the game as well as the caste system. It also lets everyone get involved with the system considering theres only about 20 characters that are miles apart on points who cant adventure together.
- It gives characters that have professions to play them instead of dealing wares out of folders at the desk.

Hope that adds a bit of clarity to the direction we are trying to make these events. smile.gif

- Pace

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 16 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #30

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Would love this as my snake clan ogre magi warrior of the jewel. If I could find someone to puppy sit at the caves I could even have my wolf pup for the forum smile.gif

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jan 16 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #31

Legend

Member No.: 198

Just devil's advocate but the very, overly formal role play of this part of the system puts loads of people off from trying it.
And has lead to people being killed ic in the car park.
Which to my mind brings back the closed noninclusive attitude that got us rubbished nation wide for decades.
Just my comment no offense meant.

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Jan 16 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #32

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(Pacey @ Jan 16 2018, 01:58 PM) *
A few points in reply:

- This would hopefully help avoid the whole three hour brief that only 20% of the party can get involved with which I know a lot of people get really bored with (understandably!)
- If you're paying good dollar you might as well earn a few points for it but if theres no threat then no points.
- We are not building it as a PVP event but the threat should be there for the eastern system. There should be more than just etiquette that stops me mouthing off to someone 5k above me on points. lol.
- We are hoping to add more emersion to the system and make the CoJ/Amlas culture more realistic and involved. The difference in clans is one of the highlights of that part of the game as well as the caste system. It also lets everyone get involved with the system considering theres only about 20 characters that are miles apart on points who cant adventure together.
- It gives characters that have professions to play them instead of dealing wares out of folders at the desk.

Hope that adds a bit of clarity to the direction we are trying to make these events. smile.gif

- Pace

Points and ability to put on monster points would be a good way to entice some people (like me) who would have to travel quite a distance to get there

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Jan 16 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #33

Hero

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jan 16 2018, 08:04 PM) *
Just devil's advocate but the very, overly formal role play of this part of the system puts loads of people off from trying it.
Which to my mind brings back the closed noninclusive attitude that got us rubbished nation wide for decades.

Good points Fi! We need to make it as inclusive as possible and learn from the mistakes of the past. A bit of leeway is always good or people (like me) who make a faux pas in their role play or comments might end up committing seppuku straight away. We don’t want any killings ic or ooc in the carpark thank you 😊

--------------------
Andy

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jan 16 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #34

Legend

Nice to have your suport Andy, appreciated.
However forums are not dungeons so Imo points and monster points would be silly.

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Jan 16 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #35

Hero

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jan 16 2018, 09:03 PM) *
Nice to have your suport Andy, appreciated.
However forums are not dungeons so Imo points and monster points would be silly.

Silly Me!

--------------------
Andy

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jan 17 2018, 06:42 AM
Post #36

Legend

More just ritual of peace means no risk/no reward is all.

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 17 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #37

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

I am loving the whole idea of an IC meeting, I am increasingly tempted by Amlas even though I have stayed away as I am not so into the whole politics and formality but the more I come across Amlas as either a monster or on an open dungeon the more I am intrigued. An IC meeting would be a good way for a new player / character to get some sense of what is going on politically and meet their Daimiyo etc without going on a high threshold dungeon etc.

The above is in addition to the benefits already espoused by more experienced Amlas players.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jan 17 2018, 09:06 AM
Post #38

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jan 16 2018, 08:04 PM) *

This is exactly what players like myself, Laura and Tony have been trying for years to overcome and, on occasion, have actually convinced other players that it's "not that bad anymore". It would be a massive shame for it to slide back to what it was and tarnish the work that we have done. While I get the authenticity that people want to have in their roleplay, you also have to remember this is not the real far east, it s fantasy version, where people should be allowed to have an amount of fun, while still paying homage to the culture.

Sometimes Oldskool should stay just that...

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Jan 17 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #39

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,472

Why not just try it? You will never get everyone agreeing to change at the best of times.

It might also just encourage people to try the forum style to see what they think of the RP before booking a whole dungeon.

Whats the worst that can happen? You don't run another.

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Jan 17 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #40

Militiaman

I've had a good chat with lots of people and will continue to do so until we find a medium that works.

My main goal is for these events to be as inclusive as possible and hopefully to attract people to that side of the system.

There are IC differences in between Amlas and Empire which should be respected (Some of the laws of the jade code could be seen as character restrictions) but it is a very rich roleplay environment because of it.

The mechanics of the thing are whats important to get right. How you decide to play your character is down to you so long as its purely IC. It's okay that characters operate in differing ways around the same honour system but like all religions it's not okay to shove your beliefs on others or get offended on their behalf. (a nice blend of old skool & new I think!)

Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming about what type of event you would like to join in with! smile.gif

Thanks all.

- Pace

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:02 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins