IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Halgars Guv' - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halgars Guv'
DanM
post Jun 28 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #21

Post Police

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Jun 28 2012, 01:50 PM) *
As our bad guy myths characters... as the start of "Invasion Empire?"... ;0

Huw

Would be fun, but it's not likely that anyone unknown would get the job.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kevjones
post Jun 28 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #22

Militiaman

Member No.: 170

As the poor sap that is currently in the firing line for putting those required turns in, I feel I should comment.

The position is one that I have found increasingly frustrating for a while now, and when it came to having to tighten up a little on the finances, it was a REALLY painless decision to drop the Tanis turn and keep playing Ben.

I'm not entirely sure what Lee was after in his original post though. We have had city days (including a Halgar one) and organising a couple of city related dungeons would be fairly simple if something needed to be done. Then it's just up to Alan via Giles to work out what effect the dungeon actually has, so I don't see why having the position as an LRP one would change this. I'm not certain how much else you would get out of it by it being an LRP position either. I tend to find that Refs brief monsters to react in a certain way to people in certain positions, and have found it both easier and more challenging in certain encounters over the years because of this. How much more you can really squeeze out of it remains to be seen, but I think it is very limited.

The real reason for the position in my mind is to act as the focal point, a figurehead for the people and this is something that I just don't see coming over to live very easily other than to flavour a characters role play. Setting the Halgar Mob with 2 monsters and an A Ref is going to be challenging...... but the Halgar Governor is the one influencing this and I don't see it working in the live game. It needs to be mainly text based in my mind.

By all means give the titles out in Live, I just don't see the benefit of it.

Kev.

PS. If anyone would like to be the Governor of Halgar, please DO let the Senate know. wink.gif

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jun 28 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #23

Hero

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(DanM @ Jun 28 2012, 01:34 PM) *
I had a few ideas that would have been interesting, just can't be arsed with another heroes character.

Although, truning Halgar into a personal demense... hmmm

Give me a little time i think i can give it a go lol.

Iain

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jun 28 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #24

Legend

Member No.: 446

QUOTE(kevjones @ Jun 28 2012, 02:12 PM) *
PS. If anyone would like to be the Governor of Halgar, please DO let the Senate know. wink.gif

I will do it as my Nightsoil - if all it takes is a regular turn without "too" much thinking. As a Nightsoil I am loyal so it shoudl all work out - how do I apply?

David

+Quote Post
Kail
post Jun 28 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #25

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

Don't forget if your the Govener in Heroes that means nothing down the caves. If you haven't noticed they are different games.

It either needs to be decided they are the same thing and new people need to be given a fair chance in Heroes not just Alan doesn't know you so you can't get where the people who have been caving for 20 years (back when Alan was involved) can. Or everyone needs to face the fact that they are playing different games and just using the same character name.

I'd have a go at doing it in lrp through asides on dungeon, aranging trades and the like, and CC contracts.

Edd

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jun 28 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #26

Hero

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(Kail @ Jun 28 2012, 10:35 PM) *
Don't forget if your the Govener in Heroes that means nothing down the caves. If you haven't noticed they are different games.

It either needs to be decided they are the same thing and new people need to be given a fair chance in Heroes not just Alan doesn't know you so you can't get where the people who have been caving for 20 years (back when Alan was involved) can. Or everyone needs to face the fact that they are playing different games and just using the same character name.

I'd have a go at doing it in lrp through asides on dungeon, aranging trades and the like, and CC contracts.

Edd

Sorry to say when Governor of a city is spoken about down the caves it is the same governor in heroes.

When new player start a heroes turn Alan gives alot of help indeed and in the notes gives some idea how to get the aim your looking forward.

Well yes your right they are 2 games running along side each other and they cross over all the time and i have to say i use Alans background information all the time when i run adventures now the good thing is newer plays can ask openly on these boarda not the heroes to find out.

Jan, Stuart and Giles are doing a great job of bridging the gap between the games and people who keep moaning about not knowing information and blaming heroes should just look on the labywiki site.

I use heroes to create a background for every character i play in lrp amd i always merg both together to create a better role play and i injoy myself more for it (saying that i lied about me roleplaying as i cannot do that lol).

Iain

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jun 29 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #27

Post Police

QUOTE(Kail @ Jun 28 2012, 10:35 PM) *

Edd

Edd,

If you want the job, you're free to apply for it. Having someone doing something from the LRP side with CC contracts to do stuff would work just as well. CPs can be applied directly to builds etc It's just a damn sight easier to do it from heroes, because its a text based game, and building shops and houses doesn't work so well in LRP. Remember, heroes is mainly things that can't be done in LRP properly.

We can always discuss ways of making it work with Alan and Giles.

Send me an IC PM about the position if you want to apply.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jun 29 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #28

GSM

Member No.: 54

Hang on Dan didn't you say has to be done it hote yesterday? So now like is said doing it via lrp is a viable option?

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jun 29 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #29

Post Police

QUOTE(sonof @ Jun 29 2012, 09:45 AM) *
Hang on Dan didn't you say has to be done it hote yesterday? So now like is said doing it via lrp is a viable option?

Lee

That was the impression I got, and ideally we'd like someone who is heroes motivated and dedicated. But needs must I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:58 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins