IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Entering the Shattered World - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Entering the Shattered World, Brief for 10th September/October 2-Day
ethuil
post Aug 31 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Plot Dump NPC

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

To my mercenary allies,

I bear information regarding the fragments of the Shattered World currently convergent within Port Miere. I should state first of all that much of this information comes from a trade I have made with Tinashe, the Silvered Emissary - but I am confident that it is all true.

When the Shattered World was broken, it fragmented into a thousand pieces. Many, many of these were lost to the entropic decay of the exostance, the violence of the world's destruction, and the nature of how it was destroyed. I do not believe it even within the power of the Mistress of the Undersea to have rescued them as She did the others.

Only a hundred fragments now remain.

These fragments have congealed into great stretches of land that now exist in impossible formations, and those formations are what the Netter has caught. These amalgamations are neither identical in size, nor shape. Whether the conglomeration of these fragments was Her intention, or a side effect of Her catching them, or something else - I am unsure.

You have visited one of these amalgamations already, where you located the Goddess Chibueze and within Her care the God Chisomo. This amalgamation was unlike the others, containing as it did not one but two of the Pantheon. I surmise that due to Their presence, this fragment was caught separately - though it was small in landscape, it was large in power.

The three convergences with the Shattered World that remain are all amalgamations on a much, much larger scale - one that is impossible to see within Port Miere. Indeed, were you to travel to one, you would find a single place. Imagine that these anomalies are like rooms that contain a door you cannot see. You may see what is in the room, and resolve that anomaly, but you would miss the door.

But if you can see the door - then you can open it.

In order to see the door, you must attune yourselves to the Shattered World. This would normally be very complex; attuning yourself to a plane that no longer exists save in these fragmented echoes is complex. Fortunately, there are several key links back to that plane. Seven of them, in fact.

With the power of the Pantheon of Seven, attunement and entry are possible. You possess many shards of Their power already - the ribbons of Rachane, the threads of Chibueze, the angel of Chisomo, the parchments and gems of the Watcher. The Silvered Emissary, as part of our bargain, has granted me a portion of Her power - and given that someone has summoned the Enkindled One to manifest over Port Miere, it should be easy to gather some of Her power.

I believe that I am capable of devising a ritual that will allow you to use these fragments to attune yourselves - and thus pass through into all that remains of the Shattered World. I am uncertain what you will find there. The Emissary's envoy appeared convinced that there is absolutely nothing there that lives; nonetheless, there is clearly some echo of what was there, else the Pantheon would not be so interested in it.

Should this be agreeable to you, I shall begin preparations and meet you at the Eastern Waystation on the 10th.

C.A.

--------------------
- Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ethuil   Entering the Shattered World   Aug 31 2017, 09:45 AM
dnsmantra   While this all sounds widely dangerous, it is impo...   Aug 31 2017, 11:11 AM
ethuil   Unless I am quite mistaken, 'wildly dangerous...   Sep 4 2017, 02:21 PM
dnsmantra   Find me something significant from the Shattered W...   Sep 4 2017, 03:31 PM
Christine   I still have a bad feeling about the Shattered Wor...   Sep 4 2017, 04:43 PM
ethuil   Following your trip to the Shattered World - or Ti...   Sep 18 2017, 10:10 PM
dnsmantra   Sounds like a plan to me. Dusk   Sep 19 2017, 12:02 AM
Christine   I would add that the Kallah and others present in ...   Sep 19 2017, 08:10 AM
ethuil   I have found myself able to scry about Tivoria, bu...   Sep 19 2017, 09:02 AM
giles   I think we should be thinking on how to get these ...   Sep 19 2017, 09:11 AM
dnsmantra   I also think we should be thinking how we can use ...   Sep 19 2017, 10:45 AM
Christine   Whilst I don't trust Tinashe or the angel, nei...   Oct 9 2017, 09:02 AM
ethuil   Hello! I was going to come and say hello to a...   Oct 9 2017, 09:06 AM
giles   I see no point in discussing this elsewhere as she...   Oct 9 2017, 10:40 AM
Christine   Breaking the familial link between Louhi and the o...   Oct 9 2017, 12:04 PM
ethuil   On a note which I am certain will please you, I be...   Oct 9 2017, 12:56 PM
giles   I don't disagree with you but I am not sure ...   Oct 9 2017, 03:27 PM
OxMatt   I'm sorry to intrude. My Lady of Tears feels ...   Oct 9 2017, 05:20 PM
dnsmantra   If by confectionary you mean other gods, then yes....   Oct 9 2017, 07:38 PM
Christine   The sweet chocolatey taste of the lifeless corpses...   Oct 9 2017, 08:22 PM
draco   My vote is to just burn them all But I will come ...   Oct 9 2017, 10:37 PM
giles   You are quite correct ma'am - hadn't occur...   Oct 9 2017, 11:13 PM
Mart07   Morgan, Liara and all, I'm planning on joinin...   Oct 11 2017, 07:10 PM
giles   Always a pleasure Governor, and my very best to Mr...   Oct 11 2017, 10:37 PM
Christine   I'm not certain we can find out about what mig...   Oct 12 2017, 09:30 AM
Mart07   I'll see what I can dig up. Wick   Oct 12 2017, 10:38 PM
Gordon   So I ‘az been ‘avin a fink and this iz where m...   Oct 13 2017, 12:59 PM
Mart07   Master Zaton, I'm afraid I don't know to...   Oct 13 2017, 06:40 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:14 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins